2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 36 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #526
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Winter European Indoors, Allez!

well the loss to tsonga sucks but at least he lost to the eventual winner
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #527
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

I was re-watching the match Gilles had with Bautista and I noticed this guy sitting right next to Carine so I took this screen grab of him. Anybody have any idea who this guy is sitting next to Carine? Could it by any chance be Gilles' brother? I don't know what he looks like and i've never seen him before and i've always wondered what he looked like and if he was as good looking as Gilles. Maybe you know lalaland? Since it was in Marseille and he does come from time to time when Gilles is playing in France I figured maybe it was him. I don't see a resemblance though. Obviously he's somebody to the family because he's sitting right next to Carine. Just curious if anybody knows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_untitled.jpg (59.7 KB, 30 views)
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #528
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry gillesaddict, I never see Gilles’ brother before, don’t know what he looks like. But this is a handsome guy, so he could be the brother. Ha.
Carine doesn’t seem to sit with his family often though, I think she likes to sit next to the exit so she can leave quickly and quietly, but that’s just a feeling (and I do saw her a couple of time positioning herself for a quick exit in various matches.)

Yesterday's paper….(sorry, forgot to save the original French version and don't bother to look again):
In the old days, at the beginning of his career free of injury, he was guilty of not being a fan of recovery, very difficult to get him to the massage table. But yesterday, he did whatever the physio told him to before the DP match, but wasted. He felt it at 4-1 against DP, after a violent movement. But the muscle was hot enough so he managed to finish the match without much trouble. It’s a different story today (in SF). The pain wasn’t insurmountable, just enough to lose a bit of mobility and get into his head. So under these circumstances, he has no chance against Jo. So Simon paid for his youthful mistake. Now he knows what he has to do. Seeing Jo has a fragile body a long time ago and managed to get out of it, that shows him the way. Jo said his fragile body has helped him to become a real pro in preparation, diet and recovery, he learnt to work with his body. Now is Simon's turn, just a little delay.

I hope it’s not too late for Gilles. Jo’s fragile body in early of his career is a blessing in disguise then. Gilles is now 28, a lot of damage already done to the body. Still it’s never too late if this can prolong his career some what, or just to not have physical issue every 4th match is probably already quite good. Although the could-haves are useless, I can’t stop myself from thinking how many opportunities misses for him in these 2 years. Many times that he ranked 11 and just a win or 2 away from getting back to Top 10 but his body failed him. Like after winning Hamburg, he was 5 pts away and has no point to defend in Toronto, only to get yet another back injury and lost there in R1. Anyways, what can you do. Hopefully, Gilles doesn’t dwell on those lost opportunities like I do for him.

And Jo must be Gilles' idol. It's always Jo this Jo that. Jo managed without a coach for a year and a half... Jo's learnt to take care of his body.... And I always suspect that he has a bit of an inferior complex when he plays against Jo, on hard court at least. Yesterday, he probably went to the court thinking he has no chance at all, it showed seeing how fast he gave up on the match. (as compared to that Bercy match against Berdych, which he also had a bit of back problem going in - he said he could of pulled out of the previous match if Nishikori didn't beat him to it). But he managed against Berdych no problem bcos he's facing Berdych.

Last edited by lalaland : 02-24-2013 at 11:43 PM.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #529
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just about over the shit show he put in against Tsonga, just.

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #530
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring US Hardcourts, Allez!

IW draw is out. Fairly good draw for Gilles I must say.

Gilles' Section:
Simon - Bye
Muller - Lorenzi
Kubot - Paire
Kohlschreiber - Bye

Verdasco - Bye
Nieminen - Sijsling
Hanescu - Anderson
Ferrer - Bye

Highest seed in his QT is Berdych...

Obviously, nothing is given, a lefty big server like Muller is always dangerous when he's on, and Paire he hasn't beaten yet in 2 tries. But this is a good draw, no denying. He just better make himself worthy. Allez Gillou.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #531
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope he somehow avoids Paire but I have a bad feeling that Paire will make the third round. Other than that, I agree it's not too bad of a draw.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #532

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm. I don't know. It depends on which Gilles shows up at Indian Wells. It's a great draw for him if the Gilles who shows up is the one who plays like he did against Del Potro in Marseille. However, if it's the Gilles who plays like he did the following match against Tsonga then not so much. He could really lose to anyone of the potential match ups each round. Hope he's prepared and injury and pain free and most importantly of all, confident.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #533
country flag lalaland

Good draw to me is no Mika in the first 2 matches and at R16 he’s supposed to meet Top 4, he got Ferrer, not Murray/Nole/Fed. That sounds good, I’m rather easy to satisfy . Of course, if he’s to spray silly errors left, right and center like he did against Jo, then no easy draw is easy when one plays like crap. But with his normal play style, you know his day is extraordinarily bad when he’s an error machine, shouldn’t happen too often. Then again, looking at this practice video, I'm not so sure

Good draw makes me nervous, can’t help but have higher expectation. Just really hope Gilles doesn’t screw up in the first 2 matches. And I'm also very nervous about Paire being in the way.

BTW, double draw:
Haase/Simon Vs Peya/Soares
Almagro/Petzschner Vs Granollers/Lopez (2)

Allez!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #534
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Good draw to me is no Mika in the first 2 matches and at R16 he’s supposed to meet Top 4, he got Ferrer, not Murray/Nole/Fed. That sounds good, I’m rather easy to satisfy . Of course, if he’s to spray silly errors left, right and center like he did against Jo, then no easy draw is easy when one plays like crap. But with his normal play style, you know his day is extraordinarily bad when he’s an error machine, shouldn’t happen too often. Then again, looking at this practice video, I'm not so sure

Good draw makes me nervous, can’t help but have higher expectation. Just really hope Gilles doesn’t screw up in the first 2 matches. And I'm also very nervous about Paire being in the way.

BTW, double draw:
Haase/Simon Vs Peya/Soares
Almagro/Petzschner Vs Granollers/Lopez (2)

Allez!
I'm surprised he's playing with Haase, when was the last time he played with a non-French player? Good luck!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #535
country flag mike s.

Lorenzi is next for Gilles, there's really no excuse to lose to him. Paire also came back to beat Kubot in his section of the draw.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:09 AM   #536
country flag lalaland

Tomorrow OOP for Gilles, 3rd match on Court 3. 1st match starts at 11am so around 3pm local time?

Court 3, guess there'll no stream? not sure but probably not. Oh well. Allez Gillou!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #537

Great start from Gilles as usual.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #538
country flag lalaland

Well, match starts, there's stream. I'm watching horror, 2 DFs to start the match, error after error, hardly won a pt so far going 0-30 in his 2nd serve game, then another 2 DFs to lose another break 0-3. That's 4 DFs in 2 service games. Maybe that error machine Simon is here. Damnit.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #539
country flag lalaland

Geez Gilles, maybe my good draw jinx him. Embarrassing so far to say the least.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #540
country flag lalaland

Good, got a game from breaking Lorenzi, avoided a bagel right there . C'mon Gilles, you are not going to lose to that freaking Lorenzi, are u?