Ernests Gulbis 'quotes' thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ernests Gulbis 'quotes' thread

If you have any quotes you've heard/read of Ernests,then this is the place to put them. If you just have a favourite one,put it in here.

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club

Last edited by but-it's-ok : 03-04-2013 at 07:04 PM.
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests Gulbis 'quotes' thread

I'll start off with some quotes he made after Delray Beach F,which of course he'd just won

"I'm really happy," ... "I worked hard. These last nine days were tough. I had a match almost every day, except one day it rained, so I'm exhausted now."

"That's not my goal, to beat Xavier Malisse in the standings,'' laughed Gulbis, who won $78,000 but was lobbying for the on-court Porsche. "This is the first time I'm really motivated to do right. It's going to be up and down. It's tough for me to stay consistent, but I want to reach a certain level of guys.''

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #3
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Nice collection here

My favourite cos obviously it was a good time.

Quote:
On beating Roger Federer 2-6, 6-1, 7-5 at the 2010 Rome Masters, where he finally converted his seventh match point: “Well, I s— my pants a little bit, excuse my language.”

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

"In your lifetime, at what point do you stop being an idiot? I'm 24. Enough is enough!"

"If I finished my career right now I would have a lot of regrets. I would be hearing all my life, 'He was a talented guy but never made it.' I want to be the talented guy who changed his mind and made it."

Douglas Robson ‏@dougrobson
Add this to classic Gulbis quotes: "So story of my life, you know. I reach something, and then I destroy it."
Old 03-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

I started a little collection by myself a few years ago

- About his visit to the Head factory... "They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them. I’m trying to find the balance. I’m still breaking a lot of rackets, 50 or 60 racquets a year.”

* When asked about the importance of breaking through to his first final... "I want to be quarterfinals all my life" Gulbis said with a smile.

- When the interviewer was impressed by his racquet throw... "Oh I can throw much higher. I was just scared to throw it somewhere over. Because once I threw it over the fence, and I got violation and 2000 dollar fine - and I don't wanna pay it anymore. So I'm trying to keep it in the borders of the court."

* After beating Nole in Brisbane 09... "It is probably one of my best wins but best games I don't think so, I have had some beautiful losses."

- How he prepared for his first final... “I was playing Play Station until 2:30 in the morning,” Gulbis said with a smile. “I killed everybody. I played car races.”

* After his semifinal in Delray Beach 2010
Q: Who do you want to face, Karlovic or Fish, if you had the choice?
Ernie: Better Fish, because he's a ... normal tennis player. He serves well but at least it's understandable.

- Ernie: "If I win a Grand Slam, I’d stop tomorrow."
Q: Really?
Ernie: "Nah, I’d then go and win a 250, then I’d stop…"

* "After Wimbledon (2008, took a set off Nadal) I spent the best week of my life back in Latvia. Didn’t help my tennis much though…”

- After his R3 win in Rome 2010, on the many dropshots he played... “Yes it was a very strategic part of my game-plan... (long pause) Naaaaah, I just didn't know what else to do!"

* "Basically all of the second and third set I was playing - I don't know why - a kind of women's tennis. I was trying to push the ball and I wasn't playing my game at all in the second and third set.”

- His reaction on Daniella Hantuchova watching his semifinal in Rome... "Yeah? I'm getting popular with the girls! I'm heading back to Latvia tonight to party!"

* About his chances at RG 2010... "I think I have a good chance... if I'm stable enough, if I don't go out of my mind, and if I don't take a holiday when I shouldn't be taking one."

- When asked about how he managed to come back from 0-5 down in R1 of Doha 2011... "Well, before people use to talk about my mental weakness, now they will talk about my mental toughness. That's my new style."

* About beating Berrer in R1 Dubai 2011, when asked if he'll do a camel ride at the players party... "No I don't do parties."

- When asked if he hopes to go far in Dubai 2011, after Murray's withdrawal... "No I don't. I prefer to lose in the next round."

* Monte Carlo R2 vs Raonic, after doubtful call from Ms Mariana Alves - "I'm going to get you a present. A dvd, with slo-motions of that shot.........Are you going to say anything to me now or am I having a monologue here?"

- And ofcourse, Delray Beach 2013, Ernie vs Umpire... "What do I need to do? Run around, wave my hands, take off my shirt?"
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
country flag deyaT87

deyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
I started a little collection by myself a few years ago

* After his semifinal in Delray Beach 2010
Q: Who do you want to face, Karlovic or Fish, if you had the choice?
Ernie: Better Fish, because he's a ... normal tennis player. He serves well but at least it's understandable.

* "After Wimbledon (2008, took a set off Nadal) I spent the best week of my life back in Latvia. Didn’t help my tennis much though…”[/b]

* About his chances at RG 2010... "I think I have a good chance... if I'm stable enough, if I don't go out of my mind, and if I don't take a holiday when I shouldn't be taking one."
wow good collection and thanks
This are my favorites
deyaT87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #7
country flag rafaelita

rafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond repute

He had me at "Nobody will come, trust me. Nobody's interested in losers here... it's just the winners. Unfortunately. Yeah.. What you can do? (...)" - press conference after losing to Roddick (the other birthday boy) in R2 at USO 2008. The video is on yt and is definitely a classic.

I am very happy to be alive. There is much fun to be had. Music, movies, books, paintings, drawings... I hope you have these things where you are. If you have them, what does the real world matter anyway? JF - Letter for Children Of The Future

Alive with music, haunting my soul Love you more.

we are the same ♥
rafaelita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #8
country flag deyaT87

deyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelita View Post
He had me at "Nobody will come, trust me. Nobody's interested in losers here... it's just the winners. Unfortunately. Yeah.. What you can do? (...)" - press conference after losing to Roddick (the other birthday boy) in R2 at USO 2008. The video is on yt and is definitely a classic.
Yeah, I adore that video..he is sooo cute in this video...
deyaT87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Was reading Press Conference from last year Wimbledon and here is one of my favourite quotes:

Q. Without being really, really like polite, what is the biggest thing which you enjoy in life? Music? Verdasco says it's food.
ERNESTS GULBIS: Okay, Verdasco, it's his hairstyle it looks like he enjoys the most. Put gel in his hair.

LOL
eze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Another quick lol from Ernie in LA on-court interview.

Pam Shriver: What do you think of playing the #1 US player ?
Gulbis: Well, I'm the #1 player in Latvia

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote