What do you think about the Catholic Church? - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #91
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think about the Catholic Church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
im not sure whats the problem

some ppl believe there is god and nothing beyond him
some ppl believe there is god and he has a Prophet
spme ppl believe there is god and he has a son
some ppl believe there's just us humans and nothing more
some ppl believe in Spirits.

Dualism, monotheism, Buddhism, Atheism, Deism - are we in 2013 or 1013?
ppl should believe in whatever, whenever, however they want and need, its their own Decision.
why change it? in the end it doesnt really matter who do u pray at night or what road u have chosen, just be a good person, respect other, be Patient and tolerant thats all.

This is the best post in this thread by far.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #92
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
do they? seems to me that most of the societies you're referring to have chosen to adopt the Catholic teachings regarding condoms and the like.
What? What countries? Surely you're not referring to Scandinavia...

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #93
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
What? What countries? Surely you're not referring to Scandinavia...
Don't forget Estonia, which is right up there with Norway! (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Importa...ion_by_country)
Old 02-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #94
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond repute

This is really getting very interesting ...
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #95
country flag Collective

Collective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
im not sure whats the problem

some ppl believe there is god and nothing beyond him
some ppl believe there is god and he has a Prophet
spme ppl believe there is god and he has a son
some ppl believe there's just us humans and nothing more
some ppl believe in Spirits.

Dualism, monotheism, Buddhism, Atheism, Deism - are we in 2013 or 1013?
ppl should believe in whatever, whenever, however they want and need, its their own Decision.
why change it? in the end it doesnt really matter who do u pray at night or what road u have chosen, just be a good person, respect other, be Patient and tolerant thats all.

No need to change anyone's religious beliefs. But when they go beyond and try to shove it into civil life -especially civil law-, well, then I have a problem, and become what they call a "militant atheist."

-Scott Adams-
Collective is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #96
country flag Helevorn

Helevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond repute

I do not have anything against Catholics.

The main problem is the Catholic Church as an organization and its related scandals: the fascist Vatican City-State, their banks, their power. They have a sovereign state ruled by clergymen. An absolute monarchy. Inside Italy.

And I was born and live in Italy, where among the other powers (mafia etc.) the Catholic Church plays unfortunately a fundamental role. This is my problem with them.
Helevorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #97
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves. View Post
Your post is excellent, except for this part, that's complete balony. Systematic killing has been a feature of European societies ever since early Antiquity

Echoes, what is your background? Do you have a PhD in anything?
I don't like speaking about myself but I have a degree in Germanic philology.

You're saying my post is excellent and yet you expressed an opposite opinion just before. Weird.

Systematic killings of innocent people had been used by several armies before but were usually condemned by monarchs.

For example the sacking of the Palatinate by the French army in 1688. It was a plan by Louvois that he suggested Louis XIV but the King did not know all the detail. When he learned that the army used scorch-earth policy, he would threaten Louvois to death if it did not stop. Scorch-earth stopped after Louis XIV's anger (and the French army at that time also destroyed part of my own country).

When in 1794, Turreau submitted his plan of destruction of the Vendée to the Comité de Salut public, he got their consent (though he had already started).

Difference between a Christian leader and atheist leaders.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #98
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond repute

I just read in a German newspaper a very cool statement: If the catholic church would change all the things the church is critisized for it would be a lutheran church

Hm.. that's true!

Though even the lutheran church committed/comitts crimes

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/medien/un...heit-1.1615367
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #99
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

creepy.
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #100
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navratil View Post
I just read in a German newspaper a very cool statement: If the catholic church would change all the things the church is critisized for it would be a lutheran church

Hm.. that's true!

Though even the lutheran church committed/comitts crimes

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/medien/un...heit-1.1615367
If there is one thing I despise more than fundamentalist Catholics is arrogant Lutherans who think they are the cream of the crop when it comes to religion (not that that would be saying much).

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #101
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

Out of respect for believers I'll stay clear of the stuff they sprout (well for the most part.)

The pros are beautiful art & architecture, I could spend a week admiring the pieta. The support it gives to lots of people.

The Vatican/Holy See shouldn't have anything to do with the UN. Stating condoms are ineffective in preventing the transmission of HIV - outrageous! The HS opposed a resolution urging the decriminalization of homosexuality, as did the US, well the red lot. This is extremely serious as in some countries the punishment incurs the death sentence. The HS representative at the time compared homosexuality to pedophilia and incest - charming bloke.

A group of ageing men should keep their mouths firmly shut regarding abortion & contraception. Both issues do not/should not affect them.

As a child/young adult, dad - catholic, mum - CoE - I could not get my head around transubstantiation and genuinely thought all catholics were cannibals/vampires.
Biggest gripes now are no condoms, no bacon, no king crab - it's a poor life without them. Biblical contradictions could fill at least 20 pgs of a thread.

Sports stars/entertainment people in general thanking God always makes me laugh. God didn't intervene 9/11, sat out the rise of Nazism, watched the holocaust happen, yet he saw an individual winning an oscar/a person reaching the SFs as a priority?
mseles1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #102
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseles1 View Post

Sports stars/entertainment people in general thanking God always makes me laugh. God didn't intervene 9/11, sat out the rise of Nazism, watched the holocaust happen, yet he saw an individual winning an oscar/a person reaching the SFs as a priority?
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #103
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Beautiful statement that ruthlessly exposes the selfish religious way of thinking.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #104
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hahaha
Old 03-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #105
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing particular against Catholicism, but for me the world would be a better place without any kind of religion. But I do respect the religious people Just atricious that countries like mine (Portugal), claim to have no official state, but then you see the suspicious relations between gouvernament and church. It makes me kind of disgusting...

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote