What do you think about death penalty? - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Death penalty: Yes or No?

Yes 23 27.38%
No 54 64.29%
Don't know 7 8.33%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2013, 04:36 AM   #91
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think about death penalty?

I think about that question for years, I think rapists should get a death penalty bc it's worse then a murder in my eyes, if u murder someone it's over but if u **** someone u take his soul and violate their body, I know someone who has been r-p by a men when he was young and always said that death would have been so much better...

I think every case is different and yes some ppl should die, esp ppl who does awful things to babies, kids, elders or helplessness
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"

Last edited by Punky : 03-04-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 05:30 AM   #92
country flag MachimoI

MachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond repute

I used to support the death penalty, but as I get older, it's just much easier to see that apart from the primeval instincts that make us revengeful and leave us willing to retribute after someone has done us wrong, there's nothing that justifies it. Ergo, the death penalty is irrational.

The cost of a thorough judiciary process and all the expenses connected with it are significantly higher than the potential gain of killing the perpetrator.

If the costs of the judiciary process are decreased to a minimum, the proportion of innocent people executed rises to ridiculous levels. There's plenty of examples of that in countries like China or Russia. Just to give you an example - 6 people were executed for the crimes of a single mass murderer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Chikatilo.

It makes much more sense to keep mass murderers etc. imprisoned until they die and to release all first-time offenders after a limited amount of time (including murderers), because the reoffending rate for murderers is very low.

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
MachimoI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #93
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Cold killers should be forced to watch executions and reality shows of Kardashian & Paris Hilton.

Life's already short for law-abiders
(in a world where families, friends, teachers, mental/drug rehab institutions,
police & law makers can't care less about people who never wanted extremely painful lives).
The media is full of greedy people who let copycat crimes occur by criminal infamy coverage.
Victims' families want to enjoy the killers' deaths; they don't care if these nothing-losers had fame.
No one cares about trial cost/the public's money unless jackasses bragged about sleeping with children because
they loved religion
or claimed to be clueless of killing.

It's too late to prevent the murders.
I can't understand why people have forced relationships with many shady idiots
just to hear how great their lives/beliefs are, involving psychos, violent friendships & fake spouses.
Most victims get involved with disturbed people. Others trust security guards in public so they are executed in unsafe places.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #94
country flag MachimoI

MachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
Cold killers should be forced to watch executions and reality shows of Kardashian & Paris Hilton.

police & law makers can't care less about people who never wanted extremely painful lives).
The media is full of greedy people who let copycat crimes occur by criminal infamy coverage.
Victims' families want to enjoy the killers' deaths; they don't care if these nothing-losers had fame.
No one cares about trial cost/the public's money unless jackasses bragged about sleeping with children because
they loved religion

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #95
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

As faulty as the system is in countries like the USA, it's still several times better than the barbaric medieval ways of some Muslim countries.

Quote:
SAUDI ARABIA: SEVEN MEN TO BE EXECUTED
http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/as...0082013en.html

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #96
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

in israel we have death penalty and it was used just once, when the Mossad kidnapped Eichmann, put him on trial and he was convicted.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 03-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #97
country flag MachimoI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
in israel we have death penalty and it was used just once, when the Mossad kidnapped Eichmann, put him on trial and he was convicted.
You're obviously not counting the 100+ lynches/executions/assassinations carried out by Mossad without any sort of trial.

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #98
country flag Punky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachimoI View Post
You're obviously not counting the 100+ lynches/executions/assassinations carried out by Mossad without any sort of trial.
just 100? i think it alot more then that or 100 is just the number the public know.

cant say i feel sorry for the death of Mabhouh, Imad Mughniyah atc atc.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #99
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Death Penalty is stupid. Easy way out for killers, who'd probably commit suicide if they could, and take cowardly way out. I say lock them up in a dark, damp, secluded room and let them rot mentally as they will eventually think about what they have done

GOOD LUCK IN UNRETIREMENT JOHNNY GROOVE
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #100
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post

they loved religion

It's too late to prevent the murders.
I can't understand why people have forced relationships with many shady idiots
just to hear how great their lives/beliefs are, involving psychos, violent friendships & fake spouses.
Most victims get involved with disturbed people. Others trust security guards in public so they are executed in unsafe places.
heya, i always enjoy your funny posts but when u get high before posting it makes understanding difficult ...take a few days and organize your thoughts !

DJOKOCOASTER
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #101
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachimoI View Post
I used to support the death penalty, but as I get older, it's just much easier to see that apart from the primeval instincts that make us revengeful and leave us willing to retribute after someone has done us wrong, there's nothing that justifies it. Ergo, the death penalty is irrational.
I believe most societies use CP in order to deter future crimes as opposed to revenge.

DJOKOCOASTER
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #102
country flag MachimoI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
I believe most societies use CP in order to deter future crimes as opposed to revenge.
Except it doesn't work as a deterrent. In fact, most data suggests that CP-retaining societies are more violent than the one's not using CP.

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #103
country flag MachimoI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
just 100? i think it alot more then that or 100 is just the number the public know.

cant say i feel sorry for the death of Mabhouh, Imad Mughniyah atc atc.
I can only count the confirmed killings, can I?

In any case, it's one of the many things that makes Israel an unloved regime, to say the least. And not only among Islamic fundamentalists, Arab nationalists or neo-Nazis. But that's a different story.

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #104
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

100% against it. No human has the right to end another life.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:56 AM   #105
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

A read of John Grisham's novel The Confession should be enough to convince any doubters of how abhorrent the death penalty is.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote