Post Pics of Tennis players with their girlfriends or wives - Page 155 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #2311
country flag Grenouille

Grenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post Pics of Tennis players with their girlfriends or wives

Vavrinec is soooooooo fat now
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #2312
country flag tennis2018

tennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond repute

Matt Ebden & his wife Kim (far left obviously)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ebden.jpg (335.2 KB, 779 views)
tennis2018 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #2313
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

I like the girl in the middle way of thinking
Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #2314
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
I agree here with Trip. Why do people think women naturally have big hips and breasts? or that thin/skinny women are unreal? or that women try everything to look like that? a lot of women are naturally thin/skinny and haven't got big curves and I think it's as much beautiful as someone who is the opposite. There are many types of women, not just one that is the most "real". I find that very offensive. By the way there are tons of women like me who can eat whatever they want and won't get fat. Not everyone who is thin/skinny is an anorexic. Actually the human's body is not meant to be fat. If you keep away from a sedentarist life and eat just what you need, you will have the correct body shape, whatever it's skinny or has curves.
Am i sedentarist enough for you Nole Fan

Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #2315
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
OK, first I'd like to point out that you seem to have forgotten about my conclusion:
"BTW I'm not saying that liking child-like women is wrong, and liking curvy women is right. I'm just explaining why some people might react like Gustavo Kuerten and have the feeling that the reason why many people love Asian women, and why he doesn't like them, is that their appeal is often linked to their being "child-like".
(Also, I don't think that the appeal of Asian women for Westerners is based exclusively on that, but it is definitely a social trend that exists, it is not just a fantasy based on racist prejudice)"

You seem determined to get offended and dismiss everything I say as racist bullshit, and thus, you misinterpret it. You assume a number of things about me that are false (for instance, that I picked all that from "the media", or that I do not like Asian women).
Let me tell you a number of things. First, as a blue-eyed, blond Western girl, I have always thought Asian women were the most beautiful. When I was a child I was almost obsessed with the beauty of Asian women. Now I have grown to accept that there are as many types of beauty as there are people, but my fascination for Asian beauty is still there (that includes men, too, BTW). My brother lives in Japan, and has had several Japanese girlfriends, all of whom were beautiful and unique. One of my best friends is Japanese, too. So, no, I do not pick up these things exclusively from the media. I do know quite a lot of Asian (mostly Japanese) women and have discussed issues of gender with them.
And anyway, what if I did try to make an analysis based on the media? If there's one thing that tells you A LOT about any society, it is the media. The media both mould society and reflect it. That doesn't mean they are representative of everyday life or ordinary people, but the stuff you see in the media does not come out of the blue either.

Some people claim I'm saying the only "real women" are those who have curves. I say, read my posts better. I'm not saying that. I think that's discriminatory against all the women who are naturally skinny. But there is a reason why "curvy" girls are sometimes thought of as more feminine, and the less curvy ones as more "childlike" or "androgynous": because wider hips and bigger breasts are the most noticeable changes when you go through puberty... Simple as that. Now, did I say : "those who dismiss skinny women as unfeminine are right?" Hell no. I only pointed out that there was a basis for that misconception, it does not come out of nowhere.
I did not EQUATE Asian women to children either. Since you're a great reader you should be able to see the difference between saying that Asian women are perceived as childlike in the eye of Westerners, and saying they "are children". What I mean by the culture in Asia encouraging women to act more "childish" to be attractive, is true from a Western point of view. It's true that I did not make that clear in that particular sentence.

Basically, I'm just trying to try and explain what goes on in Westerners' minds. People seem to misunderstand me and claim I'm racist or biased or trying to say some women are not "real women" or whatever. I'm not. I'm just trying to explain why some people perceive things in a certain way.

Of course it's easier to dismiss them by saying they're just racist, biased, and that what they believe is completely irrational with no basis whatsoever.
But you use the terms "racist" and "stereotypes" as if they were self-evident, and I'm telling you, those matters are far more complex. I am interested in trying to understand how they work, that's all. Well, anyway, sorry for trying to bring up those discussions on a tennis forum. My mistake.

EDIT : If anyone is genuinely interested in this discussion, here are a few articles or books that show I'm not making these things up. I do not think these researchers are biased, racist Westerners who know nothing about Asian women. I am prepared to believe that this phenomenon is limited to Japanese culture, though, I do not know how much it has influenced other Asian societies.
http://books.google.fr/books?hl=fr&l...ldlike&f=false
http://books.google.fr/books?hl=fr&l...page&q&f=false
I would like to point out that you are equating Asian women to Japanese women. Japanese culture or trend may have influence in Asia but definitely not a representation of Asia.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #2316
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
I like the girl in the middle way of thinking
I need to start adapting this way of thinking when I go to tournaments...
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #2317
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK, first I'd like to point out that you seem to have forgotten about my conclusion:
"BTW I'm not saying that liking child-like women is wrong, and liking curvy women is right. I'm just explaining why some people might react like Gustavo Kuerten and have the feeling that the reason why many people love Asian women, and why he doesn't like them, is that their appeal is often linked to their being "child-like".
(Also, I don't think that the appeal of Asian women for Westerners is based exclusively on that, but it is definitely a social trend that exists, it is not just a fantasy based on racist prejudice)"

You seem determined to get offended and dismiss everything I say as racist bullshit, and thus, you misinterpret it. You assume a number of things about me that are false (for instance, that I picked all that from "the media", or that I do not like Asian women).
Let me tell you a number of things. First, as a blue-eyed, blond Western girl, I have always thought Asian women were the most beautiful. When I was a child I was almost obsessed with the beauty of Asian women. Now I have grown to accept that there are as many types of beauty as there are people, but my fascination for Asian beauty is still there (that includes men, too, BTW). My brother lives in Japan, and has had several Japanese girlfriends, all of whom were beautiful and unique. One of my best friends is Japanese, too. So, no, I do not pick up these things exclusively from the media. I do know quite a lot of Asian (mostly Japanese) women and have discussed issues of gender with them.
And anyway, what if I did try to make an analysis based on the media? If there's one thing that tells you A LOT about any society, it is the media. The media both mould society and reflect it. That doesn't mean they are representative of everyday life or ordinary people, but the stuff you see in the media does not come out of the blue either.

Some people claim I'm saying the only "real women" are those who have curves. I say, read my posts better. I'm not saying that. I think that's discriminatory against all the women who are naturally skinny. But there is a reason why "curvy" girls are sometimes thought of as more feminine, and the less curvy ones as more "childlike" or "androgynous": because wider hips and bigger breasts are the most noticeable changes when you go through puberty... Simple as that. Now, did I say : "those who dismiss skinny women as unfeminine are right?" Hell no. I only pointed out that there was a basis for that misconception, it does not come out of nowhere.
I did not EQUATE Asian women to children either. Since you're a great reader you should be able to see the difference between saying that Asian women are perceived as childlike in the eye of Westerners, and saying they "are children". What I mean by the culture in Asia encouraging women to act more "childish" to be attractive, is true from a Western point of view. It's true that I did not make that clear in that particular sentence.

Basically, I'm just trying to try and explain what goes on in Westerners' minds. People seem to misunderstand me and claim I'm racist or biased or trying to say some women are not "real women" or whatever. I'm not. I'm just trying to explain why some people perceive things in a certain way.

Of course it's easier to dismiss them by saying they're just racist, biased, and that what they believe is completely irrational with no basis whatsoever.
But you use the terms "racist" and "stereotypes" as if they were self-evident, and I'm telling you, those matters are far more complex. I am interested in trying to understand how they work, that's all. Well, anyway, sorry for trying to bring up those discussions on a tennis forum. My mistake.

EDIT : If anyone is genuinely interested in this discussion, here are a few articles or books that show I'm not making these things up. I do not think these researchers are biased, racist Westerners who know nothing about Asian women. I am prepared to believe that this phenomenon is limited to Japanese culture, though, I do not know how much it has influenced other Asian societies.
http://books.google.fr/books?hl=fr&l...ldlike&f=false
http://books.google.fr/books?hl=fr&l...page&q&f=false
I'm a "Westerner" and I have no idea what you're on about. I never perceived Asian woman as "child-like" and I never met anyone who thought such a thing.

I, and many people I know, have this idea that Asian woman age really well, but that is very different from thinking they are "child-like".
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #2318
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Am i sedentarist enough for you Nole Fan

LOL Mikey I guess I can always make an exception with you.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #2319
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenouille View Post
Vavrinec is soooooooo fat now
considering Gilles baby momma is ugly,old and bony,I would not bash Roger's wife

Florida's Cuban Americans rejoice at U.S. policy overhaul
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...e=politicsNews

Last edited by timafi : 03-04-2013 at 09:37 PM.
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #2320
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by timafi View Post
considering Gille's baby momma is not cute at all,I would not bash Roger's wife
Maybe Grenouille doesn't mean it as a bashing, you don't know that unless you are in her head. But you are imposing your value on her word for sure. Are you suggesting that saying someone is fat is a bashing? Why? Is being fat a bad thing? It is only a bashing if you think being fat is bad. Maybe you should reconsider your own value that seems to prejudice against fat then. Carine is not cute, so what, beauty is more than just for the eyes to see. Some of us actually can see past the exterior to find inner beauty. So Roger's wife is fat and Gilles' companion is not cute, is that a bad thing? that doesn't make them any less good a person as they are, no? unless you don't see it that way which is quite possible.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #2321
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Maybe Grenouille doesn't mean it as a bashing, you don't know that unless you are in her head. But you are imposing your value on her word for sure. Are you suggesting that saying someone is fat is a bashing? Why? Is being fat a bad thing? It is only a bashing if you think being fat is bad. Maybe you should reconsider your own value that seems to prejudice against fat then. Carine is not cute, so what, beauty is more than just for the eyes to see. Some of us actually can see past the exterior to find inner beauty. So Roger's wife is fat and Gilles' companion is not cute, is that a bad thing? that doesn't make them any less good a person as they are, no? unless you don't see it that way which is quite possible.
+1
And imo Carine is very cute. Just because she wears torn jeans, simple sweaters and shirts and doesn't seem to use make up, doesn't mean she's not cute. Not everyone has the same perception of beauty. Carine's simplicity makes her beautiful. I love her for not being what almost everyone seems to expect from a tennis wag.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #2322
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
+1
And imo Carine is very cute. Just because she wears torn jeans, simple sweaters and shirts and doesn't seem to use make up, doesn't mean she's not cute. Not everyone has the same perception of beauty. Carine's simplicity makes her beautiful. I love her for not being what almost everyone seems to expect from a tennis wag.
You and me both, love Carine just the way she is. The messy hair, the no make-up face, the generic old sweater and torn jeans. I'm sure she is aware that the camera catches her on courtside when she's watching Gilles' match. She doesn't seem to give much of a thought to it. I don't know about you, but I think that's a sign of her being confident in her natural way and not a care of the world about how she'll be perceived by strangers. I'm not saying that looking impeccable every time on camera like Tipsy's wife is, is any negative, not at all, it is just a different way of expressing oneself. They both look confident in my eyes. People who judge others merely by their appearances should really learn to open their eyes and appreciate beauty at the broadest sense, not just superficially.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:35 AM   #2323
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
I'll never get the appeal of Asian women. Bodies of a 12 year old.
Quote:
Well, that is the appeal, precisely... child-women. She does indeed have a very thin body with no curves, apart from big breasts (which is kind of unusual, most of the time they have thin bodies and small breasts).

Anyway, not all of them are child-like. I definitely get the appeal of women like Gong Li or Michelle Yeoh.
Saying that Asian women are child-like is one step removed from saying we look like children.

Quote:
No, please, just stop. You're not an authority on anything. You can't make broad generalisations like this: there is no one "Western" perception of Asian women. Is there a need to explain why people like GK think that women like Fiasco's girlfriend has a body of a 12-year-old when it's clearly his own personal taste? It was bad enough that he made a broad generalisation, and you had to make it worse by coming up with your bullshit thesis that is, again, full of generalisations that perpetuate stereotypes.

Quote:
Your mistake was using offensive terms and still failing to see how your initial post was offensive. And I'm sorry if I'm not at all interested in understanding bullshit stereotypes that racist Westerners have of us Asian women.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #2324
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
Mirka looks great here.
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #2325
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

In Mexico before the tournament.

Last edited by Just like heaven : 03-06-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote