Nick Kyrgios will make the top 100 before the end of 2013!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-03-2013, 02:26 AM   #1
country flag The_Aussie17
Banned!

The_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nick Kyrgios will make the top 100 before the end of 2013!!!

This is an extremely bold statement, he is almost a certainty to win his first ever mens event and its a challenger. The field wasn't heaps strong but still for a 17 year old to take out players like Klein, Klec, Jones, Robert and now Reid all with ease except Jones is amazing.

He is in the doubles semi later today where him and Bolty will resume their match 7-6 3-3 ahead. If he went the double and won both would be huge...

Personally I hope TA take the chance and give him the wildcards at Roland Garros and the US Open.

Unfortunately the match has just been suspended due to rain, Nick leads 5-2 in the second serving for the match.

What do others think about his year?
The_Aussie17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 02:37 AM   #2
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nick Kyrgios will make the top 100 before the end of 2013!!!

Obviously I'm very excited. It will be interesting to see what his schedule is leading into the French Open. It's a bit early to tell if he will get those Roland Garros and US Open wild cards you talk about; he still needs to prove himself on clay and the US Open is a long while off.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:43 AM   #3
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he does well. The only young Aussie I hope doesn't do well is the clown who unforgivably lost a set to Pova and failed tennis.

I'm glad he destroyed that racist prick Klein and no surprise Klein called him a gorilla.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
country flag xkyrgios

xkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Aussie17 View Post
This is an extremely bold statement, he is almost a certainty to win his first ever mens event and its a challenger. The field wasn't heaps strong but still for a 17 year old to take out players like Klein, Klec, Jones, Robert and now Reid all with ease except Jones is amazing.

He is in the doubles semi later today where him and Bolty will resume their match 7-6 3-3 ahead. If he went the double and won both would be huge...

Personally I hope TA take the chance and give him the wildcards at Roland Garros and the US Open.

Unfortunately the match has just been suspended due to rain, Nick leads 5-2 in the second serving for the match.

What do others think about his year?
It is a bold statement, but when you know Nick, nothing seems too much for him. He always finds a way to lift and to achieve. I'd back this statement, the raw talent is there as is the passion.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

future of australia

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Greek name, Indian look and plays for Australia
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
country flag Adri89

Adri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond repute

When I watched the junior final of the AO, I was more impressed by the game of Kokkinakis (or maybe just I liked it more, I prefered his technique and variety). Too bad he's injured now, but in some years Australia could have a terrible DC team with this two guys (if Kokkinakis can grow up without injury...)

Nick has a very good serve and good FH. He seems to be strong mentally for a young player (in the final of the AO, he saved 2 SPs in the first with aces if I remember well).

Anyway his win is a big accomplishement. I don't think he'll finish the year in top 100, but who knows, he's improving that fast... With his current level, he'll be top 200 for sure, and could have a chance for top 150 if he get a WC in a big event and can get a good run.
Adri89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

It's good Australia is finally alive in tennis. You are doing good job.
But pressure will be all over him at AO, that's sucks.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
Banned!

The_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Aussie17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
It's good Australia is finally alive in tennis. You are doing good job.
But pressure will be all over him at AO, that's sucks.
He's not and won't be a house hold name by the AO so I don't think there's any pressure. Has 0 points to defend so nothing to lose, Matosevic was our top ranked player coming into the open and basically nobody knew him out of tennis fanatics.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #10
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

He beat a bunch of Australian journeymen.

Relax.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #11
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
He beat a bunch of Australian journeymen.

Relax.
And a Frenchman who is a former top 100 player.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #12
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Aussie17 View Post
And a Frenchman who is a former top 100 player.
Former being the key word.

Where is he now in the world?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #13
Banned!

192 and will be higher after his semi this week, he has been in good form in Australia beating the likes of Barton, Millman, Jones and Bolt. Won a future event few weeks back with basically the same field as this challenger...
Old 03-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #14
Banned!

Therein lies my point The_Aussie17, in order to get back up the rankings Robert has been playing in extremely weak challengers.

Rather than putting pressure on the kid, just let him grow and see what happens.

You've allowed the fact it's a Challenger event to cloud your thinking. The field was weak so it's hard to read too much into it.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #15
country flag MachimoI

MachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond repute

He's about to turn 18 in April. Winning a local Challenger tournament isn't very impressive.

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
MachimoI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote