Ask the board Thread - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #121
country flag jahrastaman_BR

jahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond reputejahrastaman_BR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask the board Thread

can a top30 plays in a challenger in a second week of m1000 indian wells or m1000 miami ?

sorry to ask...
jahrastaman_BR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #122
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahrastaman_BR View Post
can a top30 plays in a challenger in a second week of m1000 indian wells or m1000 miami ?

sorry to ask...
Top 30 players can play in a challenger as a LE that week.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #123
country flag traddles

traddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond repute

The Guide says that teams with BYE should send for CB purposes. But, since there is only 1QR, there is no CB.

But, The Guide also says that teams may sign up as ALTs after Final Deadline. Now, which is the FINAL Final Deadline for that? The QD release? The OOP release? The Guide says nothing about it.

And, if player X knows he has BYE and only 1QR and decides he has no reason to send picks, but with 10 minutes before sending picks deadline new player commits and sends what happens?

Novak Djokovic *** Gael Monfils *** Kei Nishikori *** Andy Murray

TT: London - Special Olympic Games - Doubles Gold Medal (w/ justafanYYC)
traddles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #124
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by traddles View Post
The Guide says that teams with BYE should send for CB purposes. But, since there is only 1QR, there is no CB.

But, The Guide also says that teams may sign up as ALTs after Final Deadline. Now, which is the FINAL Final Deadline for that? The QD release? The OOP release? The Guide says nothing about it.
The time matches start.
Quote:
And, if player X knows he has BYE and only 1QR and decides he has no reason to send picks, but with 10 minutes before sending picks deadline new player commits and sends what happens?
Nothing happens. Alternates don't replace byes, just players who forget to send picks. And players who have byes don't necessarily have to send.
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #125
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Is it just me, or should someone with a bye in the final qualy round just be place in the MD!
If there are 4 qualy spots and 7 players, it is changed to 3 qualy spots and 6 players and the highest ranked player moves to the MD!
For the rest keqtqiadv is completely right!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #126
country flag traddles

traddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
Is it just me, or should someone with a bye in the final qualy round just be place in the MD!
If there are 4 qualy spots and 7 players, it is changed to 3 qualy spots and 6 players and the highest ranked player moves to the MD!
For the rest keqtqiadv is completely right!

You are right, but The Draw Maker does it this way.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #127
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

If a player requests PR but they would have made main draw even without PR, is that PR automatically removed? Examples are LucasBH and jervisjames in IW doubles.
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #128
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are right, but The Draw Maker does it this way.
You don't have to always do what the Entry List & Draw Maker says, it's a tool to help managers to make both things easier, but always with the supervision of the manager (with the possibility of changing things that are not correct).

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #129
country flag traddles

I made a mistake. I decided to make a 2-day R1 in Singles, since there were only 5 matches today. I noticed only now that I shoud have request permission from the Board to do it.

Now it's too late to cancel that decission. Initially I decided to add 3 matches of Tuesday OOP to R1 and the rest to R2.
But there is possible a 3-day R1 in the Real Tournament, so if there are only 5 or 6 matches, there would remain only 2 or 3 matche for R2.

So, I thought this way:

1. If tomorrow there will be 5 or 6 matches - 3 in R1 and the rest in 1st day of a 2-day R2.
2. If tomorrow there will be 11 matches - 3 in R1 and the rest in R2.

Is this ok?

There is also the possibility, if there will be 5 or 6 matches tomorrow, to count all of them for R1 and to make Wednesday R2, but I already noted today's matches as PTS 4 to 8.

What should I do?

Old 03-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #130
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I made a mistake. I decided to make a 2-day R1 in Singles, since there were only 5 matches today. I noticed only now that I shoud have request permission from the Board to do it.

Now it's too late to cancel that decission. Initially I decided to add 3 matches of Tuesday OOP to R1 and the rest to R2.
But there is possible a 3-day R1 in the Real Tournament, so if there are only 5 or 6 matches, there would remain only 2 or 3 matche for R2.

So, I thought this way:

1. If tomorrow there will be 5 or 6 matches - 3 in R1 and the rest in 1st day of a 2-day R2.
2. If tomorrow there will be 11 matches - 3 in R1 and the rest in R2.

Is this ok?

There is also the possibility, if there will be 5 or 6 matches tomorrow, to count all of them for R1 and to make Wednesday R2, but I already noted today's matches as PTS 4 to 8.

What should I do?
First of all, why would you need permission from the board. It is the managers choice. Actually, how it standard goes:

Half first round matches for TT R32
Other half first round matches for TT R16
Second round matches for TT QF
Quarterfinal matches for TT SF
Semifinal and final matches for TT final.

So I guess what you suggest is a good suggestion.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #131
country flag traddles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
First of all, why would you need permission from the board. It is the managers choice. Actually, how it standard goes:

Half first round matches for TT R32
Other half first round matches for TT R16
Second round matches for TT QF
Quarterfinal matches for TT SF
Semifinal and final matches for TT final.

So I guess what you suggest is a good suggestion.
Thanks.

Notes:

• If a manager wants to use a different schedule from the standard one, he/she must ask permission from the board first. It's not like managers can change the schedule anytime they want.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #132
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Florin, there was a vote at the TT Changes thread at the end of last year on the Standard minimum of TT matches in the first round and the vote was for it to be the Managers Choice, so that part of the schedule is up to the individual Manager.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #133
country flag hugocnamaral

hugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond reputehugocnamaral has a reputation beyond repute

Why In iw we only ger points if qualified and In Miami we get points if we pass one qualie round?

Doubles
W:(2014)Delray Beach(250),Prostejov CH (2012)Rio Quente CH,Gexto F,Madrid F, Istambul F,Yokohama CH
F:(2013)Leon CH (2012)Blumenau CH,Monza CH,Marburg CH

PAW:
W: Washington 2013, Bangkok 2013
RU:Bangkok 2012
hugocnamaral is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #134
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocnamaral View Post
Why In iw we only ger points if qualified and In Miami we get points if we pass one qualie round?

It should be the same. You should get points for passing the first qualification round!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #135
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

To the Board: I have been following the TT play in Indian Wells because I have friends playing in IW plus I wanted to see what a TT at that Level looks like because I will be in Miami following IW. And the "discussion" about which managers need to get which players' picks in the TT needs to be decided on before Miami please! Or should that decision be left up to the managers doing the TT? Thank you very much

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote