Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 207 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #3091
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

I wouldn't want to be the country taking credit for soccer.

There was an American soccer player who had played in Europe -- Alex somebody or other -- on the Colbert report and Stephen Colbert was making jokes about soccer and the Alex guy got kind of upset. When Colbert started saying that the fixing of soccer games couldn't be all that surprising in a sport where players routinely acted out all sorts of imaginary things, Alex got upset and started talking about understanding the beauty of the game.

Actual football is bad enough. Wish they'd get rid of it.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #3092
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

I wish I knew what Soccer was :P.

American Handegg is bad enough. How is it called 'Football', when they only kick the balls on Field Goals or PAT. lol.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-03-2013, 02:58 AM   #3093
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
I wish I knew what Soccer was :P.

American Handegg is bad enough. How is it called 'Football', when they only kick the balls on Field Goals or PAT. lol.
That's not the only time they kick the football, oh wise one.

Also "soccer" is an English word. You should become more familiar with the language of your ancestors.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #3094
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
That's not the only time they kick the football, oh wise one.

Also "soccer" is an English word. You should become more familiar with the language of your ancestors.

I forgot about kick off and onside kicks
Old 03-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #3095
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I actually love playing soccer. I am terrible, but I love playing soccer, and it is a very difficult sport. I mean all sports are difficult of course. But when starting a new sport, to become good enough to be able to play with friend and not make a fool of yourself, soccer is a much difficult sport than basketball, handball, volley.. IMO, of course.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #3096
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

I would find those other sports harder to become good at lol
Old 03-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #3097
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

But that is not the general experience of children and teenagers. When I was in High School I learned a scientific article about this. It has a lot to do with the control and manipulations of legs and feet. Your arms are much better trained and can already do much more complete and complex movements than your legs and feet. Give a kid a basketball, he can run around bouncing it, but if you give a kid a soccer ball in the beginning it will be much tougher for him to control it.

I am not saying it is easier or harder to become good at the sport. Just learning the basics to be able to play with friends, etc, and not look like a fool, soccer is tougher in the beginning.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #3098
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Raquel, I think you start playing soccer with a bunch of accomplished footballers and you did not start with practising the basic skill.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #3099
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

In the u.s. soccer leagues are quite popular with children. I'd say almost every kid plays soccer. Some stick with it through high school and in cities there are adult recreational soccer leagues. The American guys always let out a moan when they see their opponents aren't speaking English. this isn't something new. It's been going on for 30 or 40 years

I'd say hitting a baseball is a very difficult thing. When you consider that .333 is an excellent batting average and .400 is almost unheard of, you realize that most players are unsuccessful at bat over 2/3s of the time. Of course bud selig made it his personal goal to ruin baseball by putting a premium on a home run and turning a blind eye to drug use.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #3100
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

I would flat out suck at Baseball. Coordination is no good, and whilst I manage with Tennis, there's no way I could manage Baseball considering how small the hitting area is lol.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #3101
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Raquel, I think you start playing soccer with a bunch of accomplished footballers and you did not start with practising the basic skill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
In the u.s. soccer leagues are quite popular with children. I'd say almost every kid plays soccer. Some stick with it through high school and in cities there are adult recreational soccer leagues. The American guys always let out a moan when they see their opponents aren't speaking English. this isn't something new. It's been going on for 30 or 40 years

I'd say hitting a baseball is a very difficult thing. When you consider that .333 is an excellent batting average and .400 is almost unheard of, you realize that most players are unsuccessful at bat over 2/3s of the time. Of course bud selig made it his personal goal to ruin baseball by putting a premium on a home run and turning a blind eye to drug use.
We play soccer in the streets from age 2. Well maybe not me. I don't know about baseball and american football, but for sure soccer is harder than basketball for example. It's really easy to spot in high schools here, and in this case I am not speaking for personal experience given than I am short.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #3102
country flag arm

But tennis is a pain for me. I will never eve be good enough to play a competitive match with a girl my age. Never.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #3103
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Did any of you use to play a sport competitively?
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #3104
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

I used to play as a goalkeeper in primary school if that counts lol.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #3105
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Did any of you use to play a sport competitively?
I played basketball for my school during my junior high days, i.e. from grade 7-9. Unfortunately, at the end of grade 9, I was the same height as I started in grade 7. Everyone I played with outgrew me in height Plus a serious ankle injury spelt the end of my basketball career
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread