Did you vote? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-06-2002, 09:19 AM   #1
tazban1

tazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did you vote?

How many of us actually went out and voted? I went yesterday, voted for Mondale for Senate - doesn't look like he's going to win. Oh well, Coleman is like the Minnesota weather - don't like his views? wait 10 minutes

(for those of you who don't know, Norm Coleman was a Democrat during the Clinton era and jumped parties. he's also rather wishy-washy on the issues, depending on what the polls say).

I didn't vote for almost all the races because I didn't know anything about them. I thought about voting for the Constitution party or the Green Party for all the ones I didn't care about, just so maybe they can get major party status. But, it was right before work and didn't have much time and i didn't think either would get nearly enough votes anyways. I voted for Andreasen for Rep., but mainly just because my parents did.

I also voted for a couple town legislations. Both involving liquor. Oddly enough, one of them was to allow the bar to be open on Sundays, which is strange because it's state law in Minnesota that liquor can't be sold on Sundays - not even in stores. I voted yes. I never really understood why bars had to be closed on Sundays. The only thing I could think of was that it had something to do with church, which would make the law unconstitutional. And i'm not even a drinker

The only other race i voted for was for some position on the school board or something. I knew one of the candidates because he was my high school principal. So I voted for the other candidate. i had no idea who she was, but she had my support.

btw, what are your voting systems like? Where I am, we fill in little circles with pencils like in those standardized tests you take in school, and then everything is hand counted.
tazban1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2002, 02:30 PM   #2
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, tazban,

I voted in the election, but I see that some of my state's races are still being disputed. Locally, none of the people I voted for won but this is not too surprising. State races were nailbiters

And I was not surprised when our asshole Republican senator was reelected to the Senate.

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 03:09 PM   #3
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

No one I voted for won either.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 02:42 AM   #4
Go Nalby

Go Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond repute

A few people I voted for won. One of those people was the Marion County (which includes Indianapolis) Democrat candidate for Sheriff.
He got a lot of Republican votes, mainly because the Republican candidate ran a very negative campaign. That backfired
Go Nalby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote