JB in 2013 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #31
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JB in 2013

Cool!

ATPWorldTour.com Q&A
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #32
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blake wins opener at Indoor

^ great Q&A

Quote:
As for Blake, he is trying to assemble one final comeback.

“It’s so different this time,” Blake said, as opposed to eight years ago when his ranking plunged to the 200s. “When I first came back after the injury (broken neck) and illness (Zoster), I still really wanted to prove something to myself and everyone out there.

“When I got hurt the first time, I felt I was clicking and my game was on the upward swing. I wanted to prove I could succeed at this sport and that I deserved to be out here at this level.”

During this latest climb back, Blake is handling the journey with a healthy dose of perspective. Much of it has to do with his personal life. He got married last fall and the couple has a young daughter, Riley.

“Things have just changed,” Blake said. “The first thing I did when I got off the court was hear from my wife that my (8-month-old) daughter pulled herself up and stood on her own. That’s a much bigger day to me.”

Not to underplay his daughter’s accomplishment, but Blake’s recovery against Mayer was at least as impressive. Down a set and a break, Blake got back on his feet, too.

He broke back to tie the match at 3-all beginning a streak in which he won 16 of 17 points to even the match at one set apiece. Blake overpowered Mayer with a mix of power, speed, quickness and shot-making.

“He played unbelievable for a set and a half (but) I didn’t get too down on myself,” Blake said. “I felt I was playing really well and actually putting a lot of pressure on him, but he just kept coming up with shot after shot.”

Blake began his comeback by breaking Mayer at love. He broke Mayer again, at love, to go up 5-3 in the second set on a blistering forehand return winner.

Querrey, who beat Alejandro Falla, 6-3, 6-3, said Blake is simply enjoying this stage of his career. With 10 titles and more than $7.5 million in earnings, he’s got little to prove.

“Every time I see Blake he has a smile on his face,” Querrey said. “He’s a few points away from being in the top 100 and that’s his immediate goal so he can (qualify for) the French Open and Wimbledon. But he’s happy. He’s married. He’s got a little daughter. I think he’s in a good place.”
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...mpveteran-now/

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:04 AM   #33
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

James and Sock lost in the Memphis doubles final today but got wildcards (singles and doubles) into Delray Beach, good luck.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #34
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

The qualifier James will face in R1 is Gulbis.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #35
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

James doesn't play too well in windy conditions. I hope he is not to erratic. Good luck

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #36
country flag KrisJB

KrisJB has a reputation beyond reputeKrisJB has a reputation beyond reputeKrisJB has a reputation beyond reputeKrisJB has a reputation beyond reputeKrisJB has a reputation beyond reputeKrisJB has a reputation beyond reputeKrisJB has a reputation beyond reputeKrisJB has a reputation beyond reputeKrisJB has a reputation beyond reputeKrisJB has a reputation beyond reputeKrisJB has a reputation beyond repute

No luck for James . As for qualifiers, Smyczek, Reynolds and Munoz de la Nava are beatable, but Gulbis is a hard case to overcome ...
KrisJB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #37
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

James is out of the IW qualifying, maybe he got a wildcard.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 02-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #38
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Gulbis is playing well lately and has pushed Del Potro and Berdych. Perhaps a touch too much for James ATM .
Old 02-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #39
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Affirmative, maindraw wildcards into IW and Miami.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 03-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #40
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

James is in the doubles final with Sock for the 2nd consecutive week. Will play the No.1 seed Mirnyi M./Tecau H., who they beat last week. Good luck Block team

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 03-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #41
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

64 64 congrats on the title

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 03-03-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #42
country flag KarlyM

Old 03-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #43
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Aw he won the doubles title? Nice
Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #44
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
It’s been a stellar two weeks for ATP veteran Blake and 20-year-old Sock. The two Americans teamed together for their first tournament last week in Memphis, where they were runner-up to the Bryan brothers, and on Sunday they collected championship trophies by defeating No. 1 seeds Max Mirnyi of Belarus and Horia Tecau of Romania 6-4, 6-4 in the doubles final.

It’s the seventh ATP World Tour doubles title for Blake, 33, and first for Sock. Blake said this could be a confidence boost for the young Sock, who many see as potentially the future face of American men’s tennis.

“After I won my first doubles title in Cincinnati (2002), I won my first singles title the next week (in Washington, D.C.), so it definitely can help build your confidence,” said Blake, who lost his first-round singles match here to Gulbis. “I really have to thank Jack. He played unbelievable. It’s a ton of fun to play with someone who really enjoys playing. He’s a great partner.....
http://www.yellowtennisball.com/gulb...y-beach-title/

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #45
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

James will open against Haase. Good luck.

Edit:

Mardy Fish [32] - Bye
Benjamin Becker - Qualifier
James Blake [WC] - Robin Haase
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga [8] - Bye

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 03-05-2013 at 11:29 PM.