•~º~º~Dazzling in Dubai 2013 : SF vs Berdych~º~º~ • - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #46
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •~º~º~Dazzling in Dubai 2013 : R1 vs Jaziri ~º~º~ •

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Wow, Fed lost the 1st set? I didn't have a chance to see it, what happened? Good thing Fed_Ds was here to inspire him to greater effort afterwards. This year's first bagel was an apt resonse.
Fed played one bad service game at 5-5 including one very bad double fault at 15-30* (very bad because he made two lets on second serve and finished with a second serve in the net) and Jaziri was playing well at that moment.

Fed had had 3 early breakpoints, didn't convert, I didn't watch that part though. He didn't look really focused in that set, which is actually quite usual from him.

I disagree with those calling Jaziri a "random", I remember that he had played a very tight 3-setter against Tsonga in Doha or Dubai last year.

He played some great shots for those who didn't see the match.

Overall Fed's level in the last two sets was enough to please me. And it's also good that by the loss of the first set he was remembered that he has to be very focused to avoid bad surprises, which I think he has not done well in Rotterdam. Anyway he's always like that in Dubai, the balance is fine between good and bad for him there.

And the surface is indeed very quick, if he has to face Djokovic.

Last edited by duong : 02-25-2013 at 04:52 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #47
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
But its the TV studio guys who make me really saying things like 'he won't get away with that kind of play against the top guys'. Really? Is that right? Better put a call into Roger immediately and tell him
on tennistv, they only talked about what they saw, the match which was running, which is the right thing to do imo
Old 02-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #48
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Jaziri is obviously a good enough player to compete (just about) at tour level, but if anyone was watching this match or had watched him previously, they would have noticed that he has a pretty lame backhand. Most of the time he was slicing it, and not effectively at that, and was always desperate to get on his forehand.

Federer usually so good at exposing weak backhands of opponents with his legendary inside-out forehand and that wicked cross-court backhand slice. For the most part, today was about how bad he was in the first set, very careless. From then it was about how bad Jaziri became compared to his level from the first set.

A win is a win, but tougher tests to come.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #49
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Sticky this thread already, Alex!

Win is a win as the Bulldog barked!

Go Roger!
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #50
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

I see this as Fed getting better with each match. He knows the games of Montanes/Granollers so I expect a more comfortable win there.
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #51
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Fed played one bad service game at 5-5 including one very bad double fault at 15-30* (very bad because he made two lets on second serve and finished with a second serve in the net) and Jaziri was playing well at that moment.

Fed had had 3 early breakpoints, didn't convert, I didn't watch that part though. He didn't look really focused in that set, which is actually quite usual from him.

I disagree with those calling Jaziri a "random", I remember that he had played a very tight 3-setter against Tsonga in Doha or Dubai last year.

He played some great shots for those who didn't see the match.

Overall Fed's level in the last two sets was enough to please me. And it's also good that by the loss of the first set he was remembered that he has to be very focused to avoid bad surprises, which I think he has not done well in Rotterdam. Anyway he's always like that in Dubai, the balance is fine between good and bad for him there.

And the surface is indeed very quick, if he has to face Djokovic.
yes, it is. That always makes me nervous in his matches when he's cruising along in that unworried way and the opponent is not getting anywhere on Roger's serve. But neither is Roger getting the early break. Then you never know, you can have a bad game like that late in the set.

Jaziri did win a set off Tsonga in Doha 2012, but more recently he's not even been playing as he's been injured for months, and so I doubt he brought his best form to this match.

Well, let's hope Roger's wide awake now and ready to take it to the next opponent!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #52
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Jaziri did win a set off Tsonga in Doha 2012, but more recently he's not even been playing as he's been injured for months, and so I doubt he brought his best form to this match.
honestly the passing-shots and winners (including from the backhand) he made he can't do much better, even Federer can't do better

he made many errors from the second set, but apart from a low first serve % in the beginning of the set, I really can't see what was weak in Jaziri's game in the first set

But well I see comments which proove once again that I'm not an expert in tennis at all. I just look at the matches and try to understand what I can understand
Old 02-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #53
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

full match
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #54
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Good thing Fed_Ds was here to inspire him to greater effort afterwards.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #55
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
How did he lose a set to this random?
Pretty much my thoughts when I saw the result just now, too. 55% first service rate? Hmm, really not great.

BTW, please can someone explain the term "inside-out forehand" to me? I keep seeing it being used, but the definition I found online was effectively a forehand which really should have been a backhand but you run round it and hit it on the forehand instead. I know Roger does that a lot, but lots of the references to IO FH which I've seen definitely weren't describing that.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:05 AM   #56
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
Pretty much my thoughts when I saw the result just now, too. 55% first service rate? Hmm, really not great.

BTW, please can someone explain the term "inside-out forehand" to me? I keep seeing it being used, but the definition I found online was effectively a forehand which really should have been a backhand but you run round it and hit it on the forehand instead. I know Roger does that a lot, but lots of the references to IO FH which I've seen definitely weren't describing that.

It's a forehand generally hit in the backhand corner that is going into the opposite side of the court. So think cross-court being from forehand corner to forehand corner with two righties ... inside-out is from Fed's backhand corner to a righties backhand corner.

And don't be too woried about this Jaziri match. He got some rust off and Jaziri actually played decently.
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:11 AM   #57
country flag Midnight Ninja

Midnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
It's a forehand generally hit in the backhand corner that is going into the opposite side of the court. So think cross-court being from forehand corner to forehand corner with two righties ... inside-out is from Fed's backhand corner to a righties backhand corner.

And don't be too woried about this Jaziri match. He got some rust off and Jaziri actually played decently.
Midnight Ninja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 AM   #58
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #59
country flag Fed_Ds

Federer ATP feature

Roger plays tomorrow @ 7 pm

Go Roger!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #60
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all. What a busy tough time for me. I need some phisical preparation so I not only practice tennis hitting the ball but I work as well over my legs and the smiles are expressing how I'm feeling .
I'm a little bit out of here but I follow Roger's "work".

I absolutely hope Roger rises his 1st serve percentage.
Yesterday I didn't find him so convincing in the last 2 sets as serve and some mistakes but I appreciated how he started pushing hard the ball with nice winners.
In the 1st I felt he was joking or he was out of confidence.
Let's hope for the best of him tomorrow.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote