2013 FITD Manager Thread | Where FITD managers meet... - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #46
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 FITD Manager Thread | Managers, sign up for January tournaments!!!

I will take Dubai.
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #47
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 FITD Manager Thread | Managers, sign up for January tournaments!!!

I just want to re-iterate for managers to make sure you list Qualifiers in the draws just as Qualifier.

In the rules, there is a protocol for making clear which Qualifier is picked in people's draws when qualifiers meet. Ie Qualifier 1 is the player in the top position and Qualifier 2 is in the bottom position. That way no matter where they may meet in a players draw, it is easy to show which qualifier you want to go to the next round.

Do not use numbers for the Qualifiers. If managers start getting back into this habit, it will eventually cause the problems we had 2 years ago. It is good practice to be consistent across the board so no one has problems down the track.

The problem only happens when the second qualifier meets the third qualifier in the draw. If you write numbers you are contradicting the rules. If you write Q2 vs Q3 and the rules state you write Q1 or Q2. A player then only has to write Q2, and they can receive the points for that match no matter who wins. In the draw the first player is listed as Q2, but in the rules, the second player is listed as Q2.

Cheers JJ
Old 02-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #48
country flag DJDVD

DJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervisjames View Post
I will take Dubai.

DjokerFan3 has already got Dubai.

(It should stand in the first post. But sometimes it's there and sometimes it isn't... Very strange )
FITD #5 W: Vienna '12, Indian Wells '13, Bucharest '13
TT Singles: 150 W: Kaohsiung '13, Geneva '13
TT Doubles: 126 W: Savannah '13 (w/bavaria100), Este (FUT) '13, Petange '13, Arad'14 (w/Matthew2408)
DTT Singles: 22
DTT Doubles: 5 W: Monte Carlo '13 , Madrid '13, Shanghai '13 (w/Matthew2408)
DJDVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #49
country flag DJDVD

DJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond repute

Can I take Barcelona?

After Barcelona I can't manage for a couple of weeks/months due to school...
TT Doubles: 126 W: Savannah '13 (w/bavaria100), Este (FUT) '13, Petange '13, Arad'14 (w/Matthew2408)
Old 02-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #50
country flag jervisjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synesthetic View Post
In the Memphis draw, Verdasco was initially drawn to play a qualifier in the first round. After Verdasco withdrew, his place in the draw was taken by [Q]Bogomolov Jr., and [LL]Russell took the initial qualifier's place.

2 people in FITD Memphis picked "Qualifier" for this match. Do you agree that this should count as a pick for Russell, since he took the initial qualifier's place in the draw? Note that both of them appear to have been unaware that Verdasco had withdrawn at the time they submitted their picks (which would mean that their "Qualifier" pick should count for a pick for whoever took the initial qualifier's place in the draw, i.e. Russell).
You were right about placing Russell as the pick for "qualifier" in that situation.
All picks in FITD are made on the Position of the players in the draw (ie 1 to 32 / 64 / 128 ). So... If the player in position 8 in the draw is replaced by another player through withdrawal or promotion (ie. now a Q, LL or a new seed), that new player in position 8 is the pick for everyone who picked position 8 to win in round 1 and subsequent rounds.

This happened to someone 2 or 3 weeks ago with Berdych withdrawing (#1 seed). 2 players within the draw were moved to cover the seeds (5 to 1 seed, and 9 to 5 seed) and a LL was placed in the spot of the player who was moved to become #9 seed.

I go through the spreadsheet and change the colour of the FITD players who did not update their draws between the time of withdrawal and the start of play. This helps to make sure I dont make mistakes by changing the wrong draws if it gets a little tricky. Then its a matter of looking at the rows where changes to the draw were made and making the adjustments only to those FITD players draws I've highlighted.

Last edited by jervisjames : 02-20-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #51
country flag jervisjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDVD View Post
DjokerFan3 has already got Dubai.

(It should stand in the first post. But sometimes it's there and sometimes it isn't... Very strange )
Ah no worries! Thanks. I didnt see his post and thought Dubai needed a manager. I can't do either of the Masters tourney's so I will manage a few after these. I need to download the spreadsheet i created as I broke my laptop that I had created it on.

Chris, I noticed you were having trouble using it. If anyone has any suggestions on making it more user friendly, please let me know and I can try and make adjustments. I don't know if the instructions on the intro page are difficult to follow as I probably have a blind eye to it. If things don't make sense let me know so I can change it.

Cheers
Old 02-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #52
country flag Synesthetic

Synesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the confirmation and tips The tricky thing about that situation was that the position of the qualifier had changed, so one has to determine whether they knew if the draw had changed or not, which may not be so obvious sometimes! I can't imagine this happening very often though.

Regarding the spreadsheet, I'm not sure if this is a well known problem among current managers regarding removing spaces - I found that the suggested method of removing spaces (ctrl+F a space and replace with nothing) didn't do the trick for me (and resulted in an incorrect update which I hastily removed ). It turned out that the spaces were actually "non-breaking" spaces; to remove these you have to enter ALT+0160 (using numpad) into the find bar instead of just a normal space. Might be good to know if anyone is having trouble getting rid of spaces.

Overall though your spreadsheet is great and I'll be using it in the future.
Current Ranking: #18
Current Race Ranking: #15
Highest Ranking: #1 (16/04/2012)

Winner: Shanghai 2012, Beijing 2013
Runner-up: Wimbledon 2011, Acapulco 2012, Basel 2011, 's-Hertogenbosch 2014, Kuala Lumpur 2011
Semi-finalist: Australian Open 2012, Madrid 2014, Cincinnati 2011, Barcelona 2013, Valencia 2012, Tokyo 2011, Nice 2014, Kuala Lumpur 2013, Kitzbuhel 2013, Atlanta 2013, Oeiras 2013, Stockholm 2012, Casablanca 2012, Umag 2011
Quarter-finalist: Toronto 2012, Rotterdam 2014, Oeiras 2014, Halle 2013, Bucharest 2013, Buenos Aires 2013, Brisbane 2013, Halle 2012, Nice 2012, Zagreb 2012, Brisbane 2012, Moscow 2011, Belgrade 2011

Last edited by Synesthetic : 02-21-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Synesthetic is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #53
country flag Synesthetic

Synesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond repute

I can be manager for Houston since no one's taken it yet.
Current Ranking: #18
Current Race Ranking: #15
Highest Ranking: #1 (16/04/2012)

Winner: Shanghai 2012, Beijing 2013
Runner-up: Wimbledon 2011, Acapulco 2012, Basel 2011, 's-Hertogenbosch 2014, Kuala Lumpur 2011
Semi-finalist: Australian Open 2012, Madrid 2014, Cincinnati 2011, Barcelona 2013, Valencia 2012, Tokyo 2011, Nice 2014, Kuala Lumpur 2013, Kitzbuhel 2013, Atlanta 2013, Oeiras 2013, Stockholm 2012, Casablanca 2012, Umag 2011
Quarter-finalist: Toronto 2012, Rotterdam 2014, Oeiras 2014, Halle 2013, Bucharest 2013, Buenos Aires 2013, Brisbane 2013, Halle 2012, Nice 2012, Zagreb 2012, Brisbane 2012, Moscow 2011, Belgrade 2011
Synesthetic is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #54
country flag DJDVD

Eddy: Post #36 and #49
Old 02-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #55
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Also I don't know if they are FITD draw or something similar, but look Lukela how react in Buenos Aires thread after JJ help

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 125(Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 70 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes), Mohammedia CH (with Daniel_amr)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 9:5 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #56
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I think there should be some sort of sanction for Lukela. Very rude and out of nowhere from him.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #57
country flag lukela85

lukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
Also I don't know if they are FITD draw or something similar, but look Lukela how react in Buenos Aires thread after JJ help
Shut up
lukela85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #58
country flag lukela85

lukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves. View Post
Yes, I think there should be some sort of sanction for Lukela. Very rude and out of nowhere from him.
And you, shut the hell up.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #59
country flag lukela85

And I vote the sanction should be to kiss my ass. Just because something important comes up in my life and you guys can't handle not having daily updates you decide to just run Buenos Aires without even a PM?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #60
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

And instead you to say thanks you start attack person

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 125(Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 70 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes), Mohammedia CH (with Daniel_amr)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 9:5 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote