Sao Paulo courts and balls in bad condition - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #31
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sao Paulo courts and balls in bad condition

I don't know if it's true but I read somebody saying that a journalist who follows Nadal in Brasil said that Nadal had never complained about the court, only about the balls.
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #32
country flag caisenma

caisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Nadal :

"The problem is not the court. The problem is the ball which is very bad,"

"the conditions are very difficult. The court is very fast, the ball too.

chides the holy devil ATP for that obviously

http://www.rappler.com/sports/21866-nadal-in-easy-singles-win,-but-chides-atp-for-choice-of-balls?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_ca mpaign=Feed%3A+rappler+%28Rappler%29
ahhh... so it all becomes clear.

the more i read about nadal, the more i dislike him as a player. i used to have a lot of respect for him, but he's become a bit of a clown.

... but i've no doubt that he'd rather be in his shoes than mine. me too, to be honest!
caisenma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #33
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

This thread got thinned out a bit

80% is gone?

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #34
country flag nolesfan2011

nolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Ironic the ATP wants to expand into the growing Brazilian market but they can't even guarantee the current events have decent conditions
Hewitt, Kyrgios,Kohlschreiber, Dolgopolov, Stakhovsky, Nieminen, Verdasco, Melzer brothers,Baghdatis,Pospisil,Dodig,Cilic,Taro Daniel, Nishioka, Ebden, McGee,Mathieu, Benji Becker, Berankis,Bemelmans,Russell, Muller, Lacko,Zverev,Stebe, Smyczek, Alex Kuznetsov,Baker,Isner,Kudla, Sandgren,Johnson,Sweeting,Williams, Krajicek,Harrison Brothers,Bryan Brothers, Flemchins
Former fan of Fernando Gonzalez, Niemeyer, Dent,Niland, Luczak,Malisse,Kunitsyn, and Schuettler http://tenniseastcoast.com tennisviewmag.com @nolesfan2011 on twitter
nolesfan2011 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #35
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
This thread got thinned out a bit

80% is gone?
what did you expect? they had to delete trolliacki telling lies and all the angry Nadal fans that responded to him
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #36
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
what did you expect? they had to delete trolliacki telling lies and all the angry Nadal fans that responded to him
Look who is telling lies
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:08 AM   #37
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Real link to tennis.com this time
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.USBTHx11-p4

Quote:
Toni Nadal organizes meeting over Sao Paulo court conditions
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2013 /BY MATT CRONIN

El Globo reports that Toni Nadal, the uncle and coach of Rafael Nadal, organized an impromptu players and coaches meeting at the Brazil Open to address what they say are poor and dangerous court conditions.

Rafael Nadal himself was upset after falling down during an opening-round doubles match, which he said was caused by the slippery courts. The tournament’s second court is no longer being used and Nadal has been practicing off site. The roof of the indoor facility is also said to be leaking. German player Christopher Kas tweeted that the courts are “very dangerous.”

Toni Nadal contracted the ATP directly over the matter, which said that it is “working with the organization of the tournament to solve the problems.”

The newspaper also reported that Nadal is being paid a $2 million appearance fee.

The tournament was played in the coastal city of Costa do Sauipe from 2001-2011, before moving to Sao Paulo last year.
Wonder if that figure is true & if it's the highest appearance fee ever for an ATP event.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:20 AM   #38
country flag Serverer

Serverer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see Tio Toni on the case
Serverer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #39
country flag Honestly
Banned!

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Uncle Mafiosi to set this problem right before the final. They will play on quicksand. Or people will be clipped.
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote