♕* Rotterdam 2013 *♕ Roger lost to Bennetteau at the QF - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #226
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ♕* Rotterdam 2013 ♕ Let's have glory again *♕ - R2 RF d.De Bakker QF - Bennetteau

Thought I'd better look in and distribute hugs all round

I could only see the "live" scores on telly - games only, and no indication of server. And then the score was stuck at 5-6 in the second for at least 10 minutes

Sounds like an awful match. Dare I even go into GM and take a look?
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #227
country flag Minnie

Minnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ♕* Rotterdam 2013 ♕ Let's have glory again *♕ - R2 RF d.De Bakker QF - Bennetteau

^^^

to you alypen too ... and everyone else who had to suffer watching that match. Not pleasant seeing Roger struggling with his game and especially that serve. What on earth has happened to it

I feel for Roger - and for the fans in Rotterdam who will miss seeing him tomorrow and Sunday.
Minnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #228
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute

to all here...

For sure the haters are loving it in the GM section... I donエt use to go there always, I hate "haters" if you understand me
Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #229
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

wasn't able to watch this match, but tomorrow I will be at the stadium!.. Oh wait...

No Tsonga also. at least I get to see Delpo and Dimitrov, both never seen live before!
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #230
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
Dare I even go into GM and take a look?
Maybe Nadal will also lose, and all will be even in some way?
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:51 AM   #231
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
yeah 33% 2nd serve
and where has his FH been?
As NYCtennisfan pointed out he didn't really have it at AO either.
The serve and FH were absent again. Even in the earlier matches, which he won easily, he was on his back foot in so many rallies because he was giving up ground with his loopy FHs that lacked depth, sting, and pace. He really didn't show much explosive movement into his shots today or at the AO either. In addition, he didn't seem too interested in battling for this one. At long last, he might be letting things go a bit. No top player has put as much energy into every tournament, even the "little" ones as Federer has with Mary a tank in sight (not calling this a tank). He was bound to let go of things a bit sooner or later.
NYCtennisfan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #232
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

So what a terrible night for me. It would to be a happy and entertaining go out to a dinner with the guys of our tennis club but I haven't fun at all and I couldn't expect it to finish and to go home.

I went out when Roger lost his serve in the 2ond so ho bad could I feel
After I watched some streaming, risking to use out all my internet bites but who cares. So the streaming didn't want to see Roger lose and stopped out on the MP.

So I'm sad not because of his lost as a simple lost.
I don't understand what's happening to him after Cincy (Unfortunately my opening 3d didn't bring him more luck ).
His serve hasn't have worked as the legs and the power of his shots and his aggressive play.
I notice he's searching more the rallies than a close shot.
He told to want to have more resistance and to train it in the off-season but I don't see him as Nadal or the Djoker to base his game on long rallies and a diffusive game as he's doing now. I Australia he was slipping on the hard from one side of the court to the other one as Novak does and I didn't appreciate it at all for his style of play and body.

I actually don't understand if his problems are technical (few speed on the arm - and it's a fact in the serve and the rallies), athletic on the movements - he arrives too many times late or he has some pain which doesn't allow to him to be fast in the technical gestures, or maybe he has only a mental block and I hope for it because it could be unlocked but which can be more dangerous than a lack of a physical shape. I only hope he hasn't switch off something inside himself after winning Wimbledon.

I really don't know and I don't have as clinic eye to read any his deeper to see but important to considerate "mistake", especially if I can't see live what exactly he's doing but there surely things that can be seen on the TV but my eyes doesn't catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
he was on his back foot
I guess you mean on the FH that he was defending too much and so in more opened stance, because when he's attacking usually he has the neutral stance, except on the return winners. On the BH the one hander is obligated to use his right leg to hit more than the 2 hander who can play it even in semi-open putting the weight on his left leg (of course this is for the right hander)
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Last edited by mlrf11 : 02-16-2013 at 09:19 AM.
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #233
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

So I saw RF lost. Oh well can't have it all and I hope he emphasises on the clay prep, so he'll have one more natural surface slam than RN come the USO.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #234
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ♕* Rotterdam 2013 *♕ Roger lost to Bennetteau at the QF

hug to Roger~
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #235
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Posted this in the chat thread but I gathered it wouldn't mind if I posted it here as well, as it's quite an uplifting and positive experience:

Quote:
Okay, just to add a little positive news considering circumstances already talked about enough...

Roger's match against Benneteau might well have been the *worst* I saw of him over ten years' time.
Seriously, he was just total GARBAGE.
Credits to whom deserves them, Benneteau was the better player on all aspects of the game, and I'm happy to be able to see him in the final tomorrow, a genuine reward for his excellent showing this tournament.

But just for a little indication on how much of a genuine gentleman/sweetheart that Roger indeed is, I will hereby report on behalf of who were there (as I myself wasn't), that Rodge came out after midnight to sign autographs, take pictures, etc. for the waiting crowd of fans, even despite his heartbreaking loss.

How.... bloody.... ARROGANT of him!!!!

No?
The guy is such a gentleman.
Seriously, if I would have been him, Iエd have sneaked out of the emergency exit, just to avoid the confrontation of all those disappointed fans.
Not Roger, though!

Fantastic. What a guy!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #236
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
The guy is such a gentleman.
Seriously, if I would have been him, Iエd have sneaked out of the emergency exit, just to avoid the confrontation of all those disappointed fans.
Not Roger, though!
Yes, I know of quite a few performers - not in this sport - who would have.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 AM   #237
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Nick Lester ‏@nicklester
Broadcaster/Commentator and former professional tennis player

Witnessed Federer spend 45 mins tonight shaking hands and thanking numerous event staff on his way out of the Ahoy in Rotterdam,very classy.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #238
country flag Clashcityrocker

Clashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Doris, Karin, Tripwires, Duncan & anyone else at the match:
we were all very sad yes
Richard Krajicek Fernando Gonzalez Stefan Edberg John McEnroe Kent Carlsson Miloslav Mecir Patrick Rafter Yannick Noah Gustavo Kuerten Pete Sampras Mark Koevermans Joachim Johansson Jacco Eltingh Jan Siemerink Goran Ivanisevic Pat Cash Henri Leconte Agustin Calleri Tim Mayotte Nicolas Escude Hicham Arazi Paul Haarhuis Tim Henman Michael Stich Marcelo Rios Max Mirnyi Gaston Gaudio Sjeng Schalken Alberto Mancini Mariano Zabaleta Jose Acasuso Andres Gomez Taylor Dent Mats Wilander Guillermo Perez Roldan David Nalbandian Petr Korda Rod Laver Bjorn Borg Guillermo Vilas
Clashcityrocker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:48 AM   #239
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
hug to Roger~
Thanks

But seriously, I am not really affected by this loss, though.

He owed one to Benny, for cutting him some slack in Wimbly.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #240
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Thanks

But seriously, I am not really affected by this loss, though.

He owed one to Benny, for cutting him some slack in Wimbly.
Roger will play better !!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote