End of an Era - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How long Djokovic and Murray will rule tennis World?

This Year Only 2 6.06%
Next 2 Years 13 39.39%
5 Years 10 30.30%
Until they retire 3 9.09%
Until Dimitrov-Tomic-Raonic challenge them 5 15.15%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #16
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: End of an Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
People are jumping the gun here. nadal is playing just his 2nd tournament after a 7 month injury layoff. Roger lost a match to Benneteau playing utter crap, the worst I've seen form him since 2010 post-AO. He was uninterested and didn't give a crap about the match. There was no fire in his eyes but I think that will change when he plays the slams, WTF and some masters 1000.

I believe that the majority of the slams will end up with Djokovic and murray but Roger at Wimbledon and nadal at RG are always factors to win the title.
Mostly agree.

Let's wait with crowning Murray-Djokovic as the dominant force in tennis, until they show they can win consistently perform outside of hardcourts as well. Murray is yet to win a clay tournament, and combined they only have one slam and two finals outside of hardcourts. That's just not enough

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #17
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D. View Post
agree for the "end of an era" but it started last year.
It started in 2011, actually.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #18
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

As for the poll question it is wrong. It should read "Will Djokovic and Murray rule tennis World? If so for how long?".

Djokovic and murray haven't ruled anything yet. Last year we had 4 different slam winners, nadal reaching also the finals of the AO and murray the finals of Wimbledon. So yeah, djokovic was the most consistent with 1 title and 2 other finals but to say Djokovic and murray have ruled the tennis world that's just not true.

I think they will somewhat dominate but not to the extent Roger and nadal did from 2005 to 2010.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #19
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute

djokovic-murray 'rivalry' would be even more lopsided than the federer-nadal one, thats for sure

and even worse, at least fedtards could argue that the clay dominance of nadal distorts the h2h, but djokovic owns murray everywhere except on the one grass tournament that only comes round once every year where they're 50-50 at best for murray
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #20
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic/Murray is a good rivalry at times. I can understand why people bash some of their matches but come on guys they do have some fun matches like in Shanghai or at Olympics, and tbh I think best of 3 format brings great matches with them all the time.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #21
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
As for the poll question it is wrong. It should read "Will Djokovic and Murray rule tennis World? If so for how long?".

Djokovic and murray haven't ruled anything yet. Last year we had 4 different slam winners, nadal reaching also the finals of the AO and murray the finals of Wimbledon. So yeah, djokovic was the most consistent with 1 title and 2 other finals but to say Djokovic and murray have ruled the tennis world that's just not true.

I think they will somewhat dominate but not to the extent Roger and nadal did from 2005 to 2010.
Agree. Between 2005 to 2010, Federer won 12 slams and Nadal won 9. Nolandy won't be doing anything close to that for the remainder of their careers.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #22
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by End da Game View Post
djokovic-murray 'rivalry' would be even more lopsided than the federer-nadal one, thats for sure

and even worse, at least fedtards could argue that the clay dominance of nadal distorts the h2h, but djokovic owns murray everywhere except on the one grass tournament that only comes round once every year where they're 50-50 at best for murray
murray owns delpo everywhere too
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #23
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

It's all about Slamrayovic from here. Maybe Nadal can win one more RG.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #24
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
It's all about Slamrayovic from here. Maybe Nadal can win one more RG.
Delslamrayovic son

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #25
country flag Murray=God
SoderKing WILL return

Murray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond repute

Next 5 years for me. I do think someone will eventually emerge in that time to consistently challenge them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Djokovic/Murray is a good rivalry at times. I can understand why people bash some of their matches but come on guys they do have some fun matches like in Shanghai or at Olympics, and tbh I think best of 3 format brings great matches with them all the time.
Agree. Their matches can definitely get tedious when its best of 5 sets but in the best of 3s its less of a grind.

Last edited by Murray=God : 02-16-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Murray=God is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #26
country flag Crowdmaker

Crowdmaker has a reputation beyond reputeCrowdmaker has a reputation beyond reputeCrowdmaker has a reputation beyond reputeCrowdmaker has a reputation beyond reputeCrowdmaker has a reputation beyond reputeCrowdmaker has a reputation beyond reputeCrowdmaker has a reputation beyond reputeCrowdmaker has a reputation beyond reputeCrowdmaker has a reputation beyond reputeCrowdmaker has a reputation beyond reputeCrowdmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves. View Post
I don't care if they play each other in the second round of qualifying at a Burundi futures or the Wimbledon final, it's just a boring match up, regardless of the setting/context.
Sorry, but can’t help thinking, that a when you say “boring match-up” you are not talking about their game only.

Therefore asking further…

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=231506

Last edited by Crowdmaker : 02-16-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Crowdmaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #27
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
murray owns delpo everywhere too
Not on clay
Old 02-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #28
country flag Orangeball

Orangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Emerson View Post
Agree. Between 2005 to 2010, Federer won 12 slams and Nadal won 9. Nolandy won't be doing anything close to that for the remainder of their careers.
Don't be so sure, Djokovic and Murray were in the last 2 GS finals, Murray reached 3 Slam finals in the row while Djokovic reached 8 of the last 10 Slam finals, just don't make too big of a statement then regret it later
Orangeball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #29
country flag Alchemist

Alchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if one very good year of Murray is enough to define a Murray era. I feel sorry for Djokovic being called as Murray's rival, to be honest.
Alchemist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote