How many GS titles will Rafa win - Page 65 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: how many slams will Rafa win?

9-12 76 23.82%
13-16 154 48.28%
17-20 60 18.81%
21-22 29 9.09%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #961
country flag Orangeball

Orangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many GS titles will Rafa win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
You have a very strange habit of talking about others eating words they've never uttered.....I am not on record as predicting less than six majors for Djokovic.
But you didn't predict that he will win 6 either, if he can win 3 slams a year before, he can do it again, he was close last year by reaching 3 finals, lost 2 both over 2 days, one was due to Nadal unsportmanship, the other to God's intervention, and he already won one this year, so yeah once again why not another 3 this year if not a CYGS?
Orangeball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #962
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeball View Post
But you didn't predict that he will win 6 either, if he can win 3 slams a year before, he can do it again, he was close last year by reaching 3 finals, lost 2 both over 2 days, one was due to Nadal unsportmanship, the other to God's intervention, and he already won one this year, so yeah once again why not another 3 this year if not a CYGS?
Three this year will not be enough. It will leave him on eight. Then he'll need three more, yet three more and yet three more to reach 17. Making it twice when you've done it once is one thing, I'm not saying that is really unlikely, making it five times is something else entirely.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #963
country flag Orangeball

Orangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Three this year will not be enough. It will leave him on eight. Then he'll need three more, yet three more and yet three more to reach 17. Making it twice when you've done it once is one thing, I'm not saying that is really unlikely, making it five times is something else entirely.
Well your last sentence is sensible, but think about what I said earlier, in the next 3-5 years, the only player with a slim chance to beat Djokovic at the Slams is Murray, so the possibility is quite enticing actually, at least we agree to disagree now
Old 02-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #964
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well your last sentence is sensible, but think about what I said earlier, in the next 3-5 years, the only player with a slim chance to beat Djokovic at the Slams is Murray, so the possibility is quite enticing actually, at least we agree to disagree now
You talk about an open mind and claim only one player can beat Djokovic the next 3-5 years? Yeah, right...
Old 02-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #965
country flag Orangeball

Quote:
You talk about an open mind and claim only one player can beat Djokovic the next 3-5 years? Yeah, right...
Once again just wait and see, I just can't imagine what you would do when the impossible happens
Old 02-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #966
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Once again just wait and see, I just can't imagine what you would do when the impossible happens
I can't imagine what you will do when it doesn't, I don't know you well enough for that.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #967
country flag Orangeball

Quote:
I can't imagine what you will do when it doesn't, I don't know you well enough for that.
I never said it will happen for sure, all I said was never say never and what don't you understand about that?
Old 02-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #968
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
I never said it will happen for sure, all I said was never say never and what don't you understand about that?
Read back. You just said when the impossible will happen, not if.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #969
country flag Orangeball

Quote:
Read back. You just said when the impossible will happen, not if.
Read again, I said when the impossible happens, not will happen, anyway I rest my case, no point discussing with someone like you. I will leave your posts alone so do me a favour and leave mine alone too, I rather spend my time discussing with people who actually knows what they are talking about not someone who considers everything is impossible based on irrelevant historical facts without actually taking into consideration of the fact that nothing is impossible in the future because simply no one can predict that
Old 02-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #970
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Read again, I said when the impossible happens, not will happen, anyway I rest my case, no point discussing with someone like you. I will leave your posts alone so do me a favour and leave mine alone too, I rather spend my time discussing with people who actually knows what they are talking about not someone who considers everything is impossible based on irrelevant historical facts without actually taking into consideration of the fact that nothing is impossible in the future because simply no one can predict that
You have no case to rest. If you are not interested trying to make one, I don't blame you. It was always an uphill struggle to say the least. For someone who is apparently unable to see the difference between "impossible" and "very unlikely" is must be extra challenging.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #971
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute

13-14, less than 17 anyway.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

1 year, 7 weeks as Top 10 and counting
M T F
Mega-Tsonga-Fandom
don't like Tsonga? move along, it's propaganda here.

Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #972
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

No more slams for Nadal. Murray to clean up from here.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #973
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're right, any proof? Witness?
Just a gut feeling I had. Borg thought Federer might end up with 16 slams back in 2007.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #974
country flag bounccer

bounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond repute

After the AO 2007, Federer had the same age than Djokovic today.

It was his absolute peak and he looked invincible, Djokovic and Murray were top 20, not more and Nadal looked in a big slump. Despite the fact that he had "only" 10 slams, everybody thought that he would beat the 14 mark. After this tournament Pete gave his first interview about Roger, his record... He predicted 18 slams for him.
bounccer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #975
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounccer View Post
After the AO 2007, Federer had the same age than Djokovic today.

It was his absolute peak and he looked invincible, Djokovic and Murray were top 20, not more and Nadal looked in a big slump. Despite the fact that he had "only" 10 slams, everybody thought that he would beat the 14 mark. After this tournament Pete gave his first interview about Roger, his record... He predicted 18 slams for him.
Exactly. Six years ago they were already predicting Federer would break Sampras' slam record.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote