How many GS titles will Rafa win - Page 64 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: how many slams will Rafa win?

9-12 76 23.82%
13-16 154 48.28%
17-20 60 18.81%
21-22 29 9.09%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2013, 03:47 AM   #946
country flag guga2120

guga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many GS titles will Rafa win

He will have a few more years at winning Roland Garros. You just have to be very smart about playing on hardcourts. It all depends on one thing with him obviously. His movement has to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Agreed. People have to understand nadal and Roger are a tier above Djokovic in terms of greatness.
After Novak wins the Roland Garros, which he will. That will not be the case.
guga2120 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 04:02 AM   #947
country flag rutinos harcos

rutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond repute

ANTI DISGUSTING CHEATDULL
Balding,butt picking moonballer,the biggest cheater in the history of the sport.
THE MOST DISGUSTING WORD IN THE UNIVERSE:vamos
Endless DISGUSTING luck:rain, net, sick opponent.
Proud hater of disgusting BORING defensive moonballer from some island.
BEST SHOT EVER:USO SF 2011 Djoko King's CC FH on Fed's match point.
rutinos harcos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #948
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeball View Post
Well why not? At 25 years old, no one has predicted Federer to go on and overtake Sampras's tally let alone winning 17??? And don't tell me all the BS about him being God
What? No one? Everyone I knew at the time who's interested in tennis predicted Federer would eclipse Sampras at that stage. Besides, those who didn't feel Federer with his 11 before turning 26 would eclipse Sampras are unlikely to think Djokovic with 6 at the same age will do better. Federer was always likely to last longer at the top than all his rivals.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #949
country flag Orangeball

Orangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
What? No one? Everyone I knew at the time who's interested in tennis predicted Federer would eclipse Sampras at that stage. Besides, those who didn't feel Federer with his 11 before turning 26 would eclipse Sampras are unlikely to think Djokovic with 6 at the same age will do better. Federer was always likely to last longer at the top than all his rivals.
Just wait and see, you are going to eat your own words
Orangeball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #950
country flag Orangeball

Orangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Emerson View Post
I thought he would end up with 18 slams.
You're right, any proof? Witness?
Old 02-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #951
country flag Orangeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by guga2120 View Post
He will have a few more years at winning Roland Garros. You just have to be very smart about playing on hardcourts. It all depends on one thing with him obviously. His movement has to be there.

After Novak wins the Roland Garros, which he will. That will not be the case.
Good point
Old 02-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #952
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
still winning 6-4 6-3 6-4 at Roland Garros.
Please stop with the pathetic jinxing attempts.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #953
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just wait and see, you are going to eat your own words
We must be talking about different things. You said noone would predict that Federer could exlipse Sampras' 14 when he was 25. I predicted it, and was not alone in doing so. And we were right - he now stands at 17.

Are you really using the argument that since Fed going from 11 past 14 was unlikely and he still made it, then Djokovic can go from 6 past 17? It's somewhat of a bigger task....
Old 02-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #954
country flag Orangeball

Quote:
We must be talking about different things. You said noone would predict that Federer could exlipse Sampras' 14 when he was 25. I predicted it, and was not alone in doing so. And we were right - he now stands at 17.

Are you really using the argument that since Fed going from 11 past 14 was unlikely and he still made it, then Djokovic can go from 6 past 17? It's somewhat of a bigger task....
Yes but not impossible, as I can see that the only player who is able to stop Djokovic winning all the GS's in the next 3 to 5 years would be Murray. My point is never say never.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #955
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Yes but not impossible, as I can see that the only player who is able to stop Djokovic winning all the GS's in the next 3 to 5 years would be Murray. My point is never say never.
Never say never is one thing, but you're quite unable to use historic examples as foundation. If Djokovic pulls this off it will be quite unprecedented - 2/3 of slams after the age of 26. No other multi-slam winner has accomplished this or even been close to it in the open era. Most slams after 26 is Federer's six, which is a good bit less than half of his total even if he adds a couple more.

Seeing three years into the future is not easy. Noone knows what things look like then. Saying one player will win most slams in that period is presumptuous. Especially a player that has rarely if ever won a slam easy. It is always a cliffhanger with him - like Wawrinka this year, Nadal in AO 12, Federer in USO 11...do you really expect him to win every such cliffhanger the next five years? Then you are truly an optimist on his behalf. Nothing wrong with that, just don't get too disappointed if things doesn't turn out how you hoped. At this stage, remaining on six until retirement must be at least 20 times as likely as reaching 18. And I don't expect him to remain on six.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #956
country flag Orangeball

Quote:
Never say never is one thing, but you're quite unable to use historic examples as foundation. If Djokovic pulls this off it will be quite unprecedented - 2/3 of slams after the age of 26. No other multi-slam winner has accomplished this or even been close to it in the open era. Most slams after 26 is Federer's six, which is a good bit less than half of his total even if he adds a couple more.

Seeing three years into the future is not easy. Noone knows what things look like then. Saying one player will win most slams in that period is presumptuous. Especially a player that has rarely if ever won a slam easy. It is always a cliffhanger with him - like Wawrinka this year, Nadal in AO 12, Federer in USO 11...do you really expect him to win every such cliffhanger the next five years? Then you are truly an optimist on his behalf. Nothing wrong with that, just don't get too disappointed if things doesn't turn out how you hoped. At this stage, remaining on six until retirement must be at least 20 times as likely as reaching 18. And I don't expect him to remain on six.
According to you, what's if it happens? Winning close matches in GS are the stuffs that will make Djokovic a legend
Old 02-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #957
country flag Orangeball

Quote:
According to you, what's if it happens? Winning close matches in GS are the stuffs that will make Djokovic a legend
And none of you would have predicted Djokovic winning 6 GS's being in the same era with Nadal and Federer so once again, you will eat your own words
Old 02-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #958
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
And none of you would have predicted Djokovic winning 6 GS's being in the same era with Nadal and Federer so once again, you will eat your own words
You have a very strange habit of talking about others eating words they've never uttered.....I am not on record as predicting less than six majors for Djokovic.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #959
country flag Orangeball

Quote:
You have a very strange habit of talking about others eating words they've never uttered.....I am not on record as predicting less than six majors for Djokovic.
I just don't like people predicting impossibility, everything is possible, you just have to wait and see, and by predicting it won't happen and it happens you will eat your own words, as simple as that. Why can't you just have an open mind and say let's see what will happen rather than saying it would never happen
Old 02-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #960
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
I just don't like people predicting impossibility, everything is possible, you just have to wait and see, and by predicting it won't happen and it happens you will eat your own words, as simple as that. Why can't you just have an open mind and say let's see what will happen rather than saying it would never happen
And once again, you're talking about eating words that has never been uttered. If you disagree, please quote the post where I said it was impossible.