Favourite match at the ATP 250 level - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2013, 05:04 AM   #16
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite match at the ATP 250 level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
This one was also good. Although the Fedtards probably enjoyed the final more.

Remember this match. Great level. nadal was dead tired in the final, lost 6-1 6-0 I believe.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:08 AM   #17
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Nole open : Djokovic - Krajinovic.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #18
country flag suvarivarivo

suvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
For me the Doha 2010 final between Davydenko and Nadal has a place in my heart.

The first set was a blowout in the score with nadal bageling kolya. Tbh, it wasn't a total domination as the score suggested but still things were obviously looking very bleak for the russian.

the second set was a total dog fight with kolya managing to pull some amazing angles, taking the ball on the rise and playing aggressively from all the spots of the court. some great touch displayed at the net as well, a department in which kolya is very underrated. nadal on the other hand was retrieving but still being a hard bone to crack like he usually is. it all got down to 5-4 30-0 with kolya serving for the set when suddenly a couple of mistakes here and there happen and nadal breaks. they got down to a tense tiebreak. nadal had 2 MP on his serve but kolya was fearless and saved them to finally win the second set 10-8 in his first set point of the match.

last set was similar to the second one except that kolya was slightly even more superior. however, nadal got the early break and then confirmed the break to go up 3-1. in the next game kolya was serving at 15-40 and standing on the edge of defeat. however, after so much struggle, davydenko wasn't going to just give up. he regrouped his forces, saved the 2 break points with a couple of amazing plays and then broke nadal in the next game to even things up. From then he kept attacking constantly until the point in which nadal didn't have much to do. at the end the inevitable happened and the better player won 6-4.

good quality highlights of each set below.

first set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYRjEh1osAo
second set part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmU1HJ6QpUY
second set part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=occXim41124
third set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgJt6VP-MrE
Great match, even if the score was a bit heartbreaking for me. I think Rafa played the most aggresive match in his career here, great match-up with Kolya in form of his life. Winners and great baseline exchanges were in abundance.

The result set Nadal back psychologically before he got back on clay and swept up the rest of that season. As for Kolya, he choked AO QF to Roger, than got injured and never was the same player.
suvarivarivo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #19
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvarivarivo View Post
Great match, even if the score was a bit heartbreaking for me. I think Rafa played the most aggresive match in his career here, great match-up with Kolya in form of his life. Winners and great baseline exchanges were in abundance.

The result set Nadal back psychologically before he got back on clay and swept up the rest of that season. As for Kolya, he choked AO QF to Roger, than got injured and never was the same player.
all true

Kolya was in the form of his life in late 2009 and early 2010 but then truly choked away that AO QF to Federer and then he got a tough wrist injury and has never been the same since then.

Nadal was also in the form of his life in late 2009 and early 2010. now he's struggling to get back on track.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #20
country flag nolesfan2011

nolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTf1EHAHvtI

Biased a bit because I was there in person.. but Roddick d. Isner in 3 sets 2012 Atlanta semis.

Because it was the 2 top Americans playing, the environment was electric and a packed house at night, the match had a lot of momentum swings, all 3 sets were very tight and tense and both guys had chances to win. I'm not really a big fan of either so I wasn't tense over who won, I just enjoyed the Tennis.
Hewitt, Kyrgios,Kohlschreiber, Dolgopolov, Stakhovsky, Nieminen, Verdasco, Melzer brothers,Baghdatis,Pospisil,Dodig,Cilic,Taro Daniel, Nishioka, Ebden, McGee,Mathieu, Benji Becker, Berankis,Bemelmans,Russell, Muller, Lacko,Zverev,Stebe, Smyczek, Alex Kuznetsov,Baker,Isner,Kudla, Sandgren,Johnson,Sweeting,Williams, Krajicek,Harrison Brothers,Bryan Brothers, Flemchins
Former fan of Fernando Gonzalez, Niemeyer, Dent,Niland, Luczak,Malisse,Kunitsyn, and Schuettler http://tenniseastcoast.com tennisviewmag.com @nolesfan2011 on twitter
nolesfan2011 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:58 AM   #21
country flag Proteos

Proteos has a reputation beyond reputeProteos has a reputation beyond reputeProteos has a reputation beyond reputeProteos has a reputation beyond reputeProteos has a reputation beyond reputeProteos has a reputation beyond reputeProteos has a reputation beyond reputeProteos has a reputation beyond reputeProteos has a reputation beyond reputeProteos has a reputation beyond reputeProteos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Nole open : Djokovic - Krajinovic.
That match was so bad and it ended on a retirement..
Proteos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote