Poll: What was the best Wimbledon final of the naughtys? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which was the best Wimbledon final off 2000-2009?

Sampras-Rafter 2000 3 1.64%
Ivansivic-Rafter 2001 50 27.32%
Hewitt-Nalbandian 2002 4 2.19%
Federer-Philapoosis 2003 2 1.09%
Federer-Roddick 2004 2 1.09%
Federer-Roddick 2005 3 1.64%
Federer-Nadal 2006 0 0%
Federer-Nadal 2007 14 7.65%
Federer-Nadal 2008 69 37.70%
Federer-Roddick 2009 36 19.67%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #61
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poll: What was the best Wimbledon final of the naughtys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Fedal tards ruined the poll, yet I've seen none of them actually come in here and defend their reasoning behind voting that final.... I think we all know Wimbledon 2001 was the best final of the naughties.
Can you end it with all this incessant "tard" shite?

2001 and 2007 were the best for me, although 2008 fairly close.
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #62
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
Can you end it with all this incessant "tard" shite?

2001 and 2007 were the best for me, although 2008 fairly close.
fair enough Han, but I think his point is that many guys voted just for the sake of voting (especially younger Fed/Rafa fans, without really saying why/elaborating ... some of them probably haven't even seen the 2001 W final). I'm not his devil's advocate but that's just my impression
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #63
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if at least half of the current members on this site haven't even watched the 2001 final.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #64
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
fair enough Han, but I think his point is that many guys voted just for the sake of voting (especially younger Fed/Rafa fans, without really saying why/elaborating ... some of them probably haven't even seen the 2001 W final). I'm not his devil's advocate but that's just my impression
Constantly harping on about "tards" is...for want of a better word, retarded. The fact that some people might have voted and not explained why does not really excuse this. I mean, who gives a shit about poll results on this or any other forum/media where the public get to vote anyway?

Enough of that.

2001 - drama, great story, great tennis, Ivanisevic comeback, Rafter so likeable, great crowd as others have said.

2007 - the two greats of the decade playing close to their best tennis (Nadal almost doing it on grass, Federer just a notch down from his very best), the match genuinely up for grabs.

2008 - quality not as high as 2007 perhaps overall, and I certainly felt during the match there was only one winner, so not quite as exciting.
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #65
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounccer View Post
2011 was really baaaaaaaad

I still can't believe that Rafa played so bad in a slam final. Really, Rafa "the great", who always plays great in these big matches?! He was better in 2006!!

I can understand his lost in the USO and in the AO where he played at a good level, but, this final was embarrassing
Uhhhh, acutally Rafa played like utter crap in the 2011 US Open final, his serve deserted him and Nole was injured in the 4th set and still won 6-1

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:37 AM   #66
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
Uhhhh, acutally Rafa played like utter crap in the 2011 US Open final, his serve deserted him and Nole was injured in the 4th set and still won 6-1
The third set was of an incredibly high standard though. Nadal fought his heart out, Djokovic was just too much at the USO.

At Wimbledon, he never even showed up. It was just a stinker of a performance. You didn't even have the feeling Djokovic had to push himself.

As for Novak's injury, well, he had a little niggle but nothing more. He was hitting and moving just fine.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #67
country flag swebright

swebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow, I like that 2004 final. May be because that's one match Andy played his best.

After that, his spirit was broken forever ....... :-(
swebright is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #68
country flag LaFuria

LaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond repute

2001 and it's not even close.
LaFuria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #69
country flag RicardotheGreat

RicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeRicardotheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

2001. By far.

Never support a pusher. Never cheer for errors. Applaud good tennis.
RicardotheGreat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote