WWW ATP Dubai - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW Dubai?

Djokovic 37 71.15%
Federer 11 21.15%
Berdych 1 1.92%
Del Potro 2 3.85%
Tsonga 0 0%
Other 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #31
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW ATP Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Why? Don't you think Tsonga will have a better chance of reaching the semis if he his in a quarter other than Roger's and Djokovic's?
Not necessarily, he actually has a worse record against JMDP and Berdych than vs Federer and Djokovic, he really doesn't match up well against other big hitters (also awful record vs Soderling).

That wasn't even my line of thought though. Among the top 4 seeds, Berdych and JMDP are my favorites so I don't want them getting the toughest 5-8 seed: Tsonga. I also love Jo though and I think he has a better shot of upsetting Federer than Djokovic.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #32
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Not necessarily, he actually has a worse record against JMDP and Berdych than vs Federer and Djokovic, he really doesn't match up well against other big hitters (also awful record vs Soderling).

That wasn't even my line of thought though. Among the top 4 seeds, Berdych and JMDP are my favorites so I don't want them getting the toughest 5-8 seed: Tsonga. I also love Jo though and I think he has a better shot of upsetting Federer than Djokovic.
I think Tsonga's game matches better against Djokovic. But Roger is playing worse than Djokovic so he might have a better chance against Roger if he reaches the quarters.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #33

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Tsonga's game matches better against Djokovic. But Roger is playing worse than Djokovic so he might have a better chance against Roger if he reaches the quarters.
If we were talking about both in their primes, I'd agree. But Federer has noticeably lost a step in his defense (diminished reflexes for poorer return of serve and loss of footspeed) since his prime and has become very vulnerable to big hitting opponents, the same opponents he usually handled in his prime quite well.

Djokovic, on the other hand, is the best defender in the game, especially on hardcourts. Bar on very fast surfaces (that don't exist anymore), I believe every big hitter would prefer to take on Federer than Djokovic these days. It's not a coincidence someone like Berdych does so well vs Fed and struggles against Nole: Novak can defend him into oblivion, Federer can't. These days, even if the rest of their game isn't really 'on', serving well is pretty much enough for the likes of Tsonga/Berdych/Delpo to give Federer a really tough time and force him into tiebreaks.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #34
country flag Orangeball

Orangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If we were talking about both in their primes, I'd agree. But Federer has noticeably lost a step in his defense (diminished reflexes for poorer return of serve and loss of footspeed) since his prime and has become very vulnerable to big hitting opponents, the same opponents he usually handled in his prime quite well.

Djokovic, on the other hand, is the best defender in the game, especially on hardcourts. Bar on very fast surfaces (that don't exist anymore), I believe every big hitter would prefer to take on Federer than Djokovic these days. It's not a coincidence someone like Berdych does so well vs Fed and struggles against Nole: Novak can defend him into oblivion, Federer can't. These days, even if the rest of their game isn't really 'on', serving well is pretty much enough for the likes of Tsonga/Berdych/Delpo to give Federer a really tough time and force him into tiebreaks.
Couldn't agree more and I am sorry but Fedtards will just have to live with that and accept the reality
Orangeball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #35
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Roger is past his prime and Djokovic is in his. Totally agree. Roger used to eat big hitters for breakfast, those were the days.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #36
country flag Orangeball

Orangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roger is past his prime and Djokovic is in his. Totally agree. Roger used to eat big hitters for breakfast, those were the days.
So it's natural that Djokovic would win most of their matches, why can't people accept that as gracious as you?
Old 02-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #37

Quote:
Yup, before say 2010, it used to take a lights out performance for a big hitter to beat Federer - his blocked return was the best in the business and he used his lighting footwork to get in position and deflect their bullets off the ground with a flick of the wrist.

All it took was a slight loss of reflexes and footspeed (slight, but makes a huge difference at the highest level) and suddenly he's extremely vulnerable to that sort of player and is constantly on the defensive against them. Berdych only needed to be solid to beat Federer at the USO, didn't even do anything really special - Federer just couldn't return his serve properly and his BH crumbled under the power of Berdych's strokes - , same for JMDP in their indoors meetings last year,
Old 02-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #38
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeball View Post
So it's natural that Djokovic would win most of their matches, why can't people accept that as gracious as you?
Do you mean djokovic against Roger?

2006-2010: 6-13
From 2011 onwards: 7-3

Numbers usually don't lie. Still Roger's record against Djokovic post 2010 is not that bad considering 4 of those loses were in 2011 when Djokovic was playing out of his mind.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #39
country flag Orangeball

Quote:
Do you mean djokovic against Roger?

2006-2010: 6-13
From 2011 onwards: 7-3

Numbers usually don't lie. Still Roger's record against Djokovic post 2010 is not that bad considering 4 of those loses were in 2011 when Djokovic was playing out of his mind.
Yes that's what I meant, yes numbers don't lie and the fact that their H2H is in Djokovic's favour since 2010 supports my point
Old 02-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #40
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
That's odd... not like Dubai would be too taxing, but whatever works for him
Well he usually trains in Miami, so I think he doesn't want to leave the states until after the double is over. Maybe he thinks the long flight is bad?
idk

IW and Miami are played at such an odd time. I really think they should be moved.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #41
country flag TennisPhan1

TennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond repute

im fedfan, but I picked Nole. He too much pwn rite now
Old 02-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #42
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeball View Post
Couldn't agree more and I am sorry but Fedtards will just have to live with that and accept the reality
No problem with that. We Fed fans have had our fair share of successes in the past, everything from now on is a bonus.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote