♕* Rotterdam 2013 *♕ Roger lost to Bennetteau at the QF - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #76
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ♕*** Rotterdam 2013 ♕ Let's have glory again ***♕

Go Roger
Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #77
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Bravo Roger! Nice 'n' easy. Let's have another like that tomorrow please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
Good. this time slot works for me.

ps. forgot to post this earlier

will look for match pics later.
what is that? Is Youzhny posing with a cardboard cut out?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #78
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Nice first round win.

Onwards and upwards Rog!

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #79
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to have come back to see Rog get a a nice, no heart-stopping win (except for 1st service game). I have to ad mit though, I'm on an ABB clothes campaign - Anything But Blue. While I was offline, I re-watched almost all his old matches, and jeez, the number of blue outfits --I swear he must have made a pact with the devil to wear that colour.. hehe

Oh and viruzz, I never got a chance to compliment you on a wonderfully honest and moving account of your watching Fed play live. Really enjoyed it.

And good to see all you guys again... Litotes, Fed's, Kat, mandrainer et al

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
barbadosan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #80
country flag Julián Santiago

Julián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond repute

LEt`s hope Mugbis take out Del Potro tomorrow
Julián Santiago is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #81
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

I had the impression that Roger made some strange moonballing forehands landing not deep at all in the first part of the match : wonder if he tried to practise something or what.

I don't think De Bakker (who seemed to have a small injury yesterday) will be a problem, but Benneteau and maybe Simon are more dangerous.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:26 AM   #82
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I had the impression that Roger made some strange moonballing forehands landing not deep at all in the first part of the match : wonder if he tried to practise something or what.

I don't think De Bakker (who seemed to have a small injury yesterday) will be a problem, but Benneteau and maybe Simon are more dangerous.
This was how he played his FH during most of the Australian Open this year and it hurt him in many, many rallies, allowing his opponent to get the upper hand. In addition to this, we really didn't see the Nadalesque whip FH either at the AO.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #83
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
This was how he played his FH during most of the Australian Open this year and it hurt him in many, many rallies, allowing his opponent to get the upper hand. In addition to this, we really didn't see the Nadalesque whip FH either at the AO.
thanks for your technical note

anyway, it's clear that since the beginning of this year, we've seen better things/he has been more encouraging on the backhand than on the forehand.

I hope the forehand will come back, I remember Luthi said that it was the actual barometer of his game, not the backhand as some say, which is more regular in Luthi's opinion, and I think nobody knows better than him.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #84
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #85
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Roger!!!

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #86
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ♕* Rotterdam 2013 ♕ Let's have glory again *♕ - R1 RF d. Zemlja 63 61 - R2 De Bak

Tonight I finally am going to see Roger on the TV (yesterday there wasn't the broadcasting) after almost 2 months.
I hope hi finds his game. I didn't like him very much yesterday in some tough rallies.
In the 2ond set Roger wasn't moved so he managed to command rallies any time.
Of course we saw Zemlja had too much pressure and wasn't able to contrast Roger and I think the same is for De Bakker.

But important is to be at the best for the other rounds.
Best luck for tonight!!!
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #87
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ♕* Rotterdam 2013 ♕ Let's have glory again *♕ - R1 RF d. Zemlja 63 61 - R2 De Bak

Go Roger!!!
http://nos.nl/dossier/434029-abn-amr.../tab/531/live/

Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #88
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
what is that? Is Youzhny posing with a cardboard cut out?
No, it's a green screen with Roger's image for fans to take photos

Good start, ROG !
now break
Old 02-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #89
country flag Fed_Ds

careful, rog! deuce
Old 02-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #90
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute

Sad I can't watch the match today good luck to roger.
Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote