Lance Armstrong set for tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #181
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lance Armstrong set for tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Jose, do you think the judge will give WADA access to Fuentes' blood bags? Apparently a decision will be made on Friday.
I have no idea. But I have little to no trust on the Spanish judicial system.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #182
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
I feel we're running in circles.

I get what you mean about Virenque. Yes, the French populace have shown some mind-boggling instances of hipocrisy when it comes to cycling and doping. We've been documenting that on the Cycling Thread.
I always say when in doubt,run in circles.

Anyways,Cycling isn't the only sport that deals with doping,it is though the "famous" one,the scapegoat.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 02-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #183
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Another name drop in the Fuentes case ...Cipollini.

http://road.cc/content/news/76030-ma...ublishes-proof
Old 02-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #184
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...t-an-edge.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...leaned-up.html

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 02-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #185
country flag Noleta

Wow interesting quotes from DaniWish he could go into details a bit more.This Is like Domino effect.I hope the Spanish authorities name ans shame everyone who's linked with Fuentes.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #186
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

But nobody cares.

Cycling is the scapegoat and the rest can carry on with it.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #187
country flag Noleta

If more ex-professionals sportsmen/women come out and admit to being part of organised drug taking,or witnessed it happening,chances are that could change.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #188
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

It is the culture that has to change.

And the prevalent cultural view these days is that if you're a cyclist and dope, you're the devil and deserve eternal punishment. But if you're a footballer or a tennis player and dope, all you deserve is a couple of spanks and off you go, carry on everybody.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #189
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
But nobody cares.

Cycling is the scapegoat and the rest can carry on with it.
Agreed. I actually think that Handball might also be rife with doping, at least at the upper echolon level. The top stars have to play insane schedules year in and year out (league games, league cup games, international club games + 1 big national team competition like Euro Champs, World Champs or Olympics + qualifying matches) and it never seems to catch up with them. And don't even get me started on winter sports like Biathlon or Cross Country Skiing. I don't think you can contend for a medal in these sports without being on something.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #190
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Experts did not get to review Armstrong's blood values beyond may 2009. Shocking.

Why must corrupt jerks run everything?
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #191
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hedo Turkoglu, the NBA basketball player, tested positive and has to face the insanely hard penalty of a 20 games ban (a month and a half).

NBA: The Ultimate Dopers' Paradise.

What I wonder is how the hell he managed to get caught. The NBA doping tests are the biggest joke ever.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:57 AM   #192
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO_XgCLpzoA
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #193
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22023732

Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #194
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
"84. Xander
3 HOURS AGO
I hope he doesn't wee in the pool or they will all test positive."

Amazing.
niff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #195
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
Who cares? Some random swimming event, it's not like he's going pro and robbing money and fame from other professionals by cheating.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote