What do you think about the Catholic Church? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #31
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Fishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think about the Catholic Church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
The Catholic Church's lost all its credibility since the Vatican II Council. It's no longer the Church, it's completely paganized. Catholics are no longer Catholics. Benedict could've been some sort of a hope when he re-instated Traditionalists/Lefebvrists who were excommunicated by John-Paul II but on the other hand in his encycle Caritas in veritate (2009), he clearly advocated for a World Political authority, linked with the UN. This globalist stance is of course anti-Christian, through and through.

The Church has just become a Human Right charity like so many others in the West, charities justifying new forms of colonization. Just have a look at John-Paul II's big parties. Woodstock with a Cross !

Before Vatican II, the Church stated that the World should adapt itself to Catholic principles and after Vatican II, it states that the Church should adapt to the New World Order (Encycle Pacem in Terris by John XXIII).

On top of that the Council legitimized Judaism!

Oh and the idea that Protestants are less Puritans than traditional Catholics is just ... unspeakable stupidity. As a non-believer friend once said, the problem with anti-Christians is that they lack culture !

Religion is the opium of the people.
Fishnet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #32
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely do not respect the Catholic Church. See Har-Tru's first comment which links to the intelligence squared debate, then fast foward to Stephen Fry's section where he proceeds to absolutely dismantle the Church with brutal eloquence and oratory.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #33
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute

A filthy melange of pederasty, sodomy, genocide, lies, death-campism, paganism and goddess cultism, blended with splendid art and music and architecture.

I think a lot of Catholics are and have been normal decent people, but their church is by and large false, fake, filthy, and evil.

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Aloimeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #34
country flag Regenbogen

Regenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a big fan, mostly because of reasons already mentioned; they're anti-condoms, anti-homosexuality, anti-abortion, don't allow female priests, etc. I do think they have a positive side, from the charity/social justice/anti-neoliberalism perspective, but that gets kind of lost in places like my mother's parish which is mostly obsessed about abortion to the detriment of any other causes. Since I was raised Catholic I get how Catholicism is kind of a cultural thing almost as much as it is a religious one--and I still sort of root for Catholics to...not be terrible, basically (and am often disappointed). The Anglicans seem preferable.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #35
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Catholic Church was much more effective in covering up for pedophile priests than they are today.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #36
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
I thought it exist for 3000+ years without the church permission.
That's not the problem. The problem is that now the Church promotes Judaism. The Church has to promote Catholic principles, otherwise it's not the Church. And the synagogue has to promote Judaism. Besides, many texts from Vatican II were written by Jews who falsely converted to Catholicism.

Quote:
I thought jesus was jewish so they need to legitimized his Religion? what will happen if they wouldnt?
Jesus was ... ethnically ... Jewish. But he's not a racist/tribalist. Like many other Jewish authors who are among my intellectual references (Bernard Lazare, Henri Bergson,...), he utterly rejected the racist, destructive principles of the OT and reminded that God was universal, as the Israelites saw it. You don't need to accept Judaism to be Jewish.

His speeches against the Scribes, the Pharisees and the Sanhedrin are quite explicit. Jesus was a revolutionary. I recently watched Pasolini's Vangelo secondo Matteo (more for PPP than for religion) and I can say that PPP perfectly understood that. In return, the Talmud describes Jesus as a Son of a B*tch, Mary being the b*tch while the Koran speaks highly of Jesus and has beautiful words about Mary.

Christianism and Judaism DO clash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985
They do?
When I read things like Protestantism is less puritan than Catholicism, that is, indeed, what springs to my mind. Which countries implemented "Prohibition"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985
Well, the problem with Catholics is that they believe themselves to be superior to everyone else. Hence your post generalizing the Catholic Church into all Christianity. And hence considering the idea of the whole world to adapt itself to the Catholic model a good idea.
I've always referred to ideas and value systems but NOT to person. The meaning difference is crucial. I can respect other people as persons but not necessarily their ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet
Religion is the opium of the people.
Yes and send me to your gulag if you can, Communist!
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #37
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's not the problem. The problem is that now the Church promotes Judaism. The Church has to promote Catholic principles, otherwise it's not the Church.
What a load of So, when they were "liberating" Jerusalem, burning people at the stakes, lying in bed with the Nazis, etc. you had no problem with that church, but ever since II council, when they actually started to go back a tiny bit to their original purpose, since that time you have a major problem? Way to go man
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #38
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Fishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes and send me to your gulag if you can, Communist!
Before or after you burn me as a heretic, kill me in a gas chamber, invoke a holy war against my people, **** kids in my family?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #39
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jesus was ... ethnically ... Jewish. But he's not a racist/tribalist. Like many other Jewish authors who are among my intellectual references (Bernard Lazare, Henri Bergson,...), he utterly rejected the racist, destructive principles of the OT and reminded that God was universal, as the Israelites saw it. You don't need to accept Judaism to be Jewish.

His speeches against the Scribes, the Pharisees and the Sanhedrin are quite explicit. Jesus was a revolutionary. I recently watched Pasolini's Vangelo secondo Matteo (more for PPP than for religion) and I can say that PPP perfectly understood that. In return, the Talmud describes Jesus as a Son of a B*tch, Mary being the b*tch while the Koran speaks highly of Jesus and has beautiful words about Mary.

Christianism and Judaism DO clash.

QUOTE=Echoes;13502090]
i wonder how do u know he was "ethnically ... Jewish." i never heard of such thing, from what i know he was a great believer.
i wont argue about him being revolutionary bc as u know alot of jewish are revolutionary.
the Talmud? the book that was writen 200-300 after jesus?

When I read things like Protestantism is less puritan than Catholicism, that is, indeed, what springs to my mind. Which countries implemented "Prohibition"?

Quote:
You don't need to accept Judaism to be Jewish.
lol what?? can u Explain this bc i didnt know i dont need to accept Judaism to be jewish

i do agree with u, i think god is universal.

Quote:
while the Koran speaks highly of Jesus and has beautiful words about Mary
this was b4 or after the jihad against anyone who is not a Muslim, forget jewiah or Christian

forget clashes, Each has its own place, the problems start When one religion is trying to impose itself on others, in Words or sword.
can u say Judaism is trying to impose itself? do u have any idea how hard it is to be jewish if u werent born one? its a longggggggg road
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #40
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
What a load of So, when they were "liberating" Jerusalem,
Tell me what the problem with that is?

Quote:
lying in bed with the Nazis, etc.
But when is that outrageous lie gonna end !! The Church withstood the Nazis. Thousands of Jews were saved by Pius XII & Franciscan Friars. Cycling Legend Gino Bartali rode from covent to covent to deliver false ID to Jewish family that he hid in his saddle tube.

To make matters even worse, in June 1940, those Frenchies who joined General de Gaulle in London were ultra-catholics, sometimes far-rightwingers who kept on fighting the Nazis out of patriotism while the whole political left (atheists!) swarmed around Marshall Pétain and collaborated with the Nazis, all this out of pacificism. Giono even said: "I'd rather be a living German than a dead French." Typical of atheists! If they're in a position to save either their Ferrari or their honour, they'll save their Ferrari. They don't have honour. They don't know the meaning of the word 'honour'. They'll never put their life at risk if the community is in danger. They're individualists through and through. I hate them.

Quote:
but ever since II council, when they actually started to go back a tiny bit to their original purpose, since that time you have a major problem? Way to go man
Original purpose is to create a Babel Tower ??? Way to go man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet
Before or after you burn me as a heretic, kill me in a gas chamber, invoke a holy war against my people, **** kids in my family?
C*nt! The Godwin Law, you know what that is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky
i do agree with u, i think god is universal.
Convert then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky
this was b4 or after the jihad against anyone who is not a Muslim, forget jewiah or Christian
It's always been so. Jihad is fantasy.

Al Maidah 5:82:

You will surely find the most intense of the people in animosity toward the believers
[to be] the Jews and those who associate others with Allah [The Pagans] ; and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant.

I get the message.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #41
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Convert to what?
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #42
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Convert to what?

Here we go. Just like I said a page before.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #43
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Let's just say I'm not a fan, and leave it at that

"a place for vultures and mugs to express their opinions about other vultures and mugs"
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #44
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Quote:
C*nt! The Godwin Law, you know what that is!
It's not my fault you Catholics sided with the Nazis and are accomplices of the holocaust.

And it's also pathetic to claim leftists collaborated with Pétain in France.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #45
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tell me what the problem with that is?
Catholic trash exterminated Jews, Orthodox Christians and Muslims. That's what. And they have no business "liberating" Jerusalem for their Catholic/Papist hordes. It's the Jews' eternal capital and the established and native church there is the Orthodox Church, not Catholic.

Quote:
But when is that outrageous lie gonna end !! The Church withstood the Nazis. Thousands of Jews were saved by Pius XII & Franciscan Friars. Cycling Legend Gino Bartali rode from covent to covent to deliver false ID to Jewish family that he hid in his saddle tube.
BS. Pius XII presided over extermination of Serbs and Jews by Catholic priests in Croatian. Franciscan Friars are the lowest form of human life in many areas of the world. They did a dog-and-pony show about the Jews in Rome, but in Croatia, Austria, Slovakia, Lithuania - the places where hundreds of thousands were murdered, their either did nothing, spread propaganda, or actually carried out the killings. Priests and nuns with daggers, grenades, and pistols in their robes.

Quote:
To make matters even worse, in June 1940, those Frenchies who joined General de Gaulle in London were ultra-catholics, sometimes far-rightwingers who kept on fighting the Nazis out of patriotism while the whole political left (atheists!) swarmed around Marshall Pétain and collaborated with the Nazis, all this out of pacificism. Giono even said: "I'd rather be a living German than a dead French." Typical of atheists! If they're in a position to save either their Ferrari or their honour, they'll save their Ferrari. They don't have honour. They don't know the meaning of the word 'honour'. They'll never put their life at risk if the community is in danger. They're individualists through and through. I hate them.
More BS. The Catholics helped Nazis escape after WWII. Ratlines. Read about it. German Nazis, Croatian Nazis, cutthroats, baby-killers, concentration camp commandants and human vivisectionists, all smuggled from Craptholic monastery to Craptholic monastery, from Italy to Spain to Latin America.

Quote:
Convert then.
No Jew should humiliate himself by converting to your Roman Paganism. Jews should become Christians but only to a Christianity that is free of paganism and true to its Jewish roots. Jesus was a Jew who came to sacrifice himself on the behalf of humanity. He lived a life of poverty and meekness, he suffered an ignominious death and was resurrected. He did not parade about in effeminate red velvet robes and shoes, tiara crowns and massive jewelry, perfumed and lolling about his bed like a bunch of Ottoman concubines - which is what your cardinals and popes and bishops do on an hourly basis. And he treated children well, didn't **** and molest them. And he didn't operate death camps like your Croatholic SS Nazi goosestepping knife-wielding jackbooted scumbag excuses for sea slugs that call themselves followers of St. Franz Fritzl of the Assassins.

Quote:
It's always been so. Jihad is fantasy.

Al Maidah 5:82:

You will surely find the most intense of the people in animosity toward the believers
[to be] the Jews and those who associate others with Allah [The Pagans] ; and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant.

I get the message.
Not surprised you love Islam. Catholics created Islam as a tool to wipe out Jews and Orthodox Christians. Yet another devious plot in the popish machinery of death.

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Aloimeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote