David News & Articles - Page 239 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #3571
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David News & Articles

Argentine tennis star David Nalbandian was disqualified at the Aegon Championships final at London's Queen's Club on Sunday after kicking a line judge's leg out of frustration.

Nalbandian was leading when he lost his cool and went to kick an advertising board, accidentally bloodying the nearby line judge, who suffered a cut to his leg, according to the BBC.

UPDATE: Monday, June 18 at 12 p.m. ET

Police will investigate the Nalbandian incident, according to Yahoo! Sports' Stephen Wilson:

Police are investigating an assault complaint filed against David Nalbandian after the Argentine tennis player kicked an advertising board and injured a line judge during the Queen's Club final.

London police declined to say who made the complaint against Nalbandian, who was defaulted from Sunday's match against Marin Cilic in the grass-court Wimbledon warmup event.

---------- END OF UPDATE ---------

The disqualification gave the 25th-ranked Croatian, Marin Cilic, his first career win at the ATP grass-court tournament.

Meanwhile the 30-year-old Nalbandian, who was once ranked as high as No. 3 in the world back in early 2006, will look to bounce back by getting past the third round at this summer's Wimbledon.

Nalbandian blew a golden opportunity to win his first Aegon Championships final, leading 7-6 (7-3), 3-4 before the epic meltdown. Although he had just been broken and the second set was slipping away, he was still in relative control of the match.

The Argentine will now be kicking himself after giving away Sunday's final match, as he is unlikely to even come close to another significant tournament win.

It has been 10 years since Nalbandian made the Wimbledon men's final in 2002 at age 20. Since then, he has never made it past the quarterfinals in six tries at the All England Club.

His actions on the Queen's Club grass this weekend suggest that he'll be taken out in the first week of action at Wimbledon. He hasn't made it further than the third round since 2005.
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #3572
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
Nalbandian fined $12k, faces assault inquiry
AP - Monday, June 18, 2012

LONDON (AP)—David Nalbandian was fined the maximum $12,560 and placed under police investigation for assault after kicking an advertising board and injuring a line judge during the Queen's Club final.

The ATP confirmed the fine for unsportsmanlike conduct on Monday and said the Argentine player also was stripped of his $57,350 in prize money.

London police, meanwhile, said they were investigating a complaint of assault filed against Nalbandian, who was defaulted from Sunday's match against Marin Cilic in the grass-court Wimbledon warmup event.

Police declined to say who made the complaint. Any member of the public who witnessed the event in person or on television could have made a complaint, as could the line judge himself.

''We are aware of an incident at the Aegon Championships,'' the Metropolitan Police said in a statement. ''A complaint has been made and the Metropolitan Police Service is now investigating. The allegation is of assault.''

Nalbandian won the first set 7-6 (3) but lost his temper after losing serve to fall behind 3-4 in the second. After missing a running forehand on game point, he kicked the board under the chair of line judge Andrew McDougall. A piece of the board cut the judge on the left shin, leaving him bloodied from an inch-long gash.

Tournament director Chris Kermode said McDougall received first aid but needed no further treatment after seeing a doctor.

Nalbandian was disqualified for unsportsmanlike conduct. ATP rules state that any violent action will result in an automatic default. Nalbandian, who is still scheduled to play at Wimbledon when it starts on Monday, insisted he shouldn't have been disqualified.

''Sometimes you get very frustrated on court and it's tough to control that, and sometimes I do a mistake. So it's very tough to end a final like that,'' he said. ''I agree I do a mistake but sometimes everybody do a mistake and I didn't feel it had to end like that, especially in a final.''
so, $57,350 in prize (plus $12,560 penalty) and 150 Ranking points ... this David lost just as disqualified Finalist...

but he could really beat Cilic and win the general Queen's Club price and earn two times more points
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #3573
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

What's with him? Still that chest muscle?
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #3574
country flag myrt

myrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond repute

Playing next tournament in the Copa Argentina if his practice goes well. Wish him the best but no longer feel he can compete on a weekly tournament tour and hope he is very wise with his schedule. Want to see him play as long as possible.
myrt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #3575
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

translations of recent interviews here about his situation and plans (there's a second interview in a link)

http://www.vamosdavid.com/2012/11/in...olo-plans.html

will keep on in 2013 (in the second interview he says "next year I'm going to play, after that I'll see") and focus on the Davis cup, not sure to play in Australia but will play the southAmerican swing for sure.

Last edited by duong : 11-20-2012 at 04:20 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #3576
country flag myrt

myrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond reputemyrt has a reputation beyond repute

Great news for David...he is to be a father next year along with plans to continue to play in ATP .
myrt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #3577
country flag Stephan

Nalbandian y la receta para ganar la Davis: "Estar por encima de las diferencias"

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1...as-diferencias

Google Translation:
Nalbandian and recipe to win the Davis: "Being above differences"
King David recognized that "always existed" friction, but that must be overcome
to achieve the goal,
"If not, it's impossible to get," said
(DyN.) - After a weekend of disputes, said David Nalbandian to win the Davis Cup
should "be above any difference."

"There were always differences, that is the reality. I always say that if you
want to win the Davis Cup, you have to be above any differences. Otherwise,
it is impossible to win," Nalbandian said in an interview with the newspaper Clarin.

Thus, the native of Unquillo, 31, described the current situation of the team,
which maintains public differences with Del Potro Juan Martin Del Potro,
the best Argentine player today.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 AM   #3578
country flag Stephan

Rankings update 11.02.2013:
bad news, David now is on position 93...he needs to win number of matches now

Rank, Name & Nationality Points Week Change Tourn Played
93 Nalbandian, David (ARG) 550 -7 18
Old 02-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #3579
country flag Stephan

15/02/2013 às 20h39
Em grande jogo, Nalbandian supera 28 aces de Almagro e elimina tricampeão

São Paulo, 15 de fevereiro de 2013 – O maior campeão do Brasil Open não conseguirá o tetracampeonato em 2013. Nesta sexta-feira, o público encheu o Ginásio do Ibirapuera e aplaudiu cada ponto do grande jogo entre o espanhol Nicolas Almagro, três vezes campeão, e o argentino David Nalbandian, que retorna de lesão após mais de cinco meses. Em quadra, o cabeça de chave 2 disparou 28 aces, mas acabou superado por 7/6(5) 3/6 7/6(3).

Desde agosto de 2012, Nalbandian jogou apenas duplas pela Argentina na Copa Davis, há duas semanas, e retornou às disputas de simples em São Paulo. Atual 93º do mundo, o argentino destacou sua exibição diante do 11º da ATP. “Foi uma partida muito apertada, Almagro é um grande sacador. Acho que joguei bem nos momentos importantes, como os dois tiebreaks. Quando estou mais ou menos bem posso jogar contra esse tipo de jogador”, disse o ex-número 3 do mundo.

No primeiro set, Nalbandian conseguiu uma quebra de saque no quinto game, mas perdeu o serviço em seguida. Mesmo com 12 aces na parcial, Almagro foi superado por 7/5 no tiebreak. Com vantagem, Nalbandian desperdiçou dois break points no terceiro game e foi quebrado no oitavo game. Em seguida, Almagro confirmou o game de zero e forçou o terceiro set sob muitos aplausos do público, que queria mais jogo.

O set decisivo foi cheio de grandes jogadas e apenas o espanhol teve chances de quebra. Nalbandian salvou dois break points no 10º game e mais dois no 12º, forçando o tiebreak. Almagro conseguiu um mini break no primeiro ponto, após longa troca de bola, mas perdeu a vantagem em um winner de forehand do argentino na paralela. Depois de uma deixadinha seguida de bom voleio, Nalbandian abusou das grandes devoluções, voltou a ter um mini break e aproveitou o primeiro match point, encerrando uma sequência de nove vitórias de Almagro no Brasil Open.

“Foi um jogo realmente difícil, David é muito talentoso, um dos grandes do tênis mundial. Acredito que nos tiebreaks ele jogou melhor do que eu e mereceu a vitória”, reconheceu o espanhol, concordando com Nalbandian. Neste sábado, Nalbandian enfrenta o italiano Simone Bolelli a partir das 16 horas em busca de uma vaga na decisão. O duelo é inédito no circuito mundial.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #3580
country flag Stephan

15/02/2013 às 20h39
Em grande jogo, Nalbandian supera 28 aces de Almagro e elimina tricampeão

São Paulo, 15 de fevereiro de 2013- The largest Open champion Brazil will not get the fourth title in 2013. On Friday, the crowd filled the Ibirapuera Gymnasium and cheered each point of the big game between the Spaniard Nicolas Almagro, three-time champion, and Argentine David Nalbandian, who returns from injury after more than five months. In court, the second-seeded fired 28 aces, but he was beaten by 7/6 (5) 3/6 7/6 (3).

Since August 2012, Nalbandian played only doubles in Davis Cup for Argentina two weeks ago, and returned to simple disputes in Sao Paulo. 93 of the world today, the Argentine said his view on the 11th of ATP. "It was a very tight match, Almagro is a big drawer. I think I played well in the important moments, as the two tiebreaks. When I'm more or less can play well against this type of player, "said former world number 3.

In the first set, Nalbandian won a break of serve in the fifth game, but then lost the service. Even with 12 aces in part,
Almagro was beaten by 7/5 in the tiebreak. Conveniently, Nalbandian squandered two break points in the third game and was broken in the eighth game. Then Almagro confirmed the zero game and forced the third set under applause of the public who wanted more game.

The deciding set was full of big plays and only Spanish had chances to break. Nalbandian saved two break points in the 10th game and two more in the 12th, forcing the tiebreak. Almagro took a mini break on the first point, after a long exchange of passes, but lost the advantage on a forehand winner in the Argentine parallel. After a deixadinha then good volley, Nalbandian abused the big returns, again had a mini break and took the first match point, ending a string of nine wins Open de Almagro in Brazil.

"It was a really tough game, David is very talented, one of the greatest of world tennis. I believe in tiebreaks he played better than me and deserved to win, "admitted the Spaniard, agreeing with Nalbandian. On Saturday, Nalbandian faces Italian Simone Bolelli from 16 hours in search of a place in the decision. The duel is unprecedented in world circuit.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #3581
country flag Stephan

16/02/2013 às 19h08
Nalbandian supera as expectativas e alcança final inédita no Brasil Open 2013

São Paulo, 16 de janeiro – David Nalbandian chegou a São Paulo longe dos holofotes. Aos 31 anos, sem jogar um torneio de simples há 6 meses e quase fora do top 100, sua atual fase não lhe credenciava como favorito. No entanto, bastou uma semana jogando em alto nível – especialmente na empolgante vitória sobre o tricampeão Nicolas Almagro – para superar todas as expectativas, inclusive a do próprio tenista. “Se me dissessem na segunda-feira que eu chegaria na final, acharia muito estranho”.

Para um Ginásio do Ibirapuera com lotação máxima mais uma vez, o ex-top 3 do mundo conseguiu bater o italiano Simone Bolelli com parciais de 6/3 7/5, entrando para a história do Brasil Open como 4º argentino a disputar a decisão do ATP brasileiro, depois de Guillermo Coria (2002), Agustin Calleri (2004) e Guillermo Cañas (2007), este o único tenista portenho a entrar para a galeria dos campeões.

O primeiro finalista do Brasil Open 2013 diz que começar a partida sem oscilações, firme no saque e com quebra logo no segundo game da partida foram essenciais para dar o primeiro passo rumo à decisão, programada para este domingo às 13h, enquanto a final de duplas abrirá a programação a partir das 11h.

“Tive um início muito bom no primeiro set, consegui duas quebras rápidas. No segundo set, comecei atrás na parcial, baixei um pouco o nível, mas consegui devolver a quebra e me manter concentrado no meu jogo até o fim da partida”, disse o atual número 93 do mundo, que nesta semana também venceu o chileno Jorge Aguilar, o argentino Guido Pella e o espanhol Nicolas Almagro.

A respeito da preferência por enfrentar um lucky loser, como Martin Alund, ou o campeão da edição 2005, Rafael Nadal, Nalbandian comenta que ambos são rivais complicados de bater. “Não escolho adversário. Quem vencer a outra semifinal com certeza chegará em boas condições para disputar o título. Creio que terei de jogar o melhor possível e estar melhor preparado se eu quiser vencer Nadal ou Alund”, avaliou Nalbandian.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #3582
country flag Stephan

Nalbandian exceeds expectations and achieves unprecedented
in Brazil Open Final 2013

Mumbai, January 16 - David Nalbandian arrived in Sao Paulo out of the limelight.
At age 31, without playing a single tournament for 6 months and almost outside the
top 100, its current phase does not entitle him as favorite. However, all it took
was one week playing at a high level - especially in thrilling victory over three-time
champion Nicolas Almagro - to exceed all expectations, including the tennis itself.
"If I were told on Monday that I would arrive at the end, would find it very strange."
For a Ibirapuera Gymnasium with maximum capacity again, the former top 3 in the
world to beat Italian Simone Bolelli with partial 6/3 7/5, going into the history
of Brazil Open as 4th Argentine to play in the decision of ATP Brazil, after
Guillermo Coria (2002), Agustin Calleri (2004) and Guillermo Cañas (2007),
this is the only tennis player from Buenos Aires to join the gallery of champions.
The first finalist for the 2013 Brazil Open says start the game without oscillations,
steady on serve and breaks early in the second game of the match was essential
to take the first step towards decision, scheduled for this Sunday at 13h, while
the doubles final open programming from 11am.
"I had a very good start in the first set, got two quick breaks. In the second set,
I started back in part, lowered the level a bit, but I managed to break back and
keep me focused on my game until the end of the match, "said the current world
number 93, who this week also won the Chilean Jorge Aguilar, the Argentine Guido
Pella and Spaniard Nicolas Almagro.

Regarding the preference for face a lucky loser, as Martin Alund, or the 2005
champion, Rafael Nadal, Nalbandian said that both are complicated rivals to beat.
"I do not pick opponents. Whoever wins the other semifinal certainly arrive in
good condition for a title shot. I think I'll have to play our best and be better
prepared if I want to beat Nadal or Alund, "he said Nalbandian.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:21 AM   #3583
country flag Stephan

Ranking update for 21 February 2013:
Due to good play in few last matches David moved up by 15 steps. His current position is 78!

15 Rankings Positions Up!
David Nalbandian
78 Current Ranking
Old 03-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #3584
country flag lolada_4

lolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond reputelolada_4 has a reputation beyond repute

What tournament will Nalbandian play after Miami?
lolada_4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #3585
country flag HuaTuo

HuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolada_4 View Post
What tournament will Nalbandian play after Miami?
Davis Cup Viertel-final VS Frankreich

Federer aus der Schweiz; Haas aus Deutschland; Melzer aus Österreich
alle Spieler, die Deutsch als Muttersprache sprechen
HuaTuo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote