Milos Raonic - Page 162 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #2416
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milos Raonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherGameFor View Post
Pretty good crushing of Kohlshrieber who never got a handle on the spin on Milos serve (something that Fed has struggled with as well vs Milos). I assume that Fed-Milos will be the night match on Monday, which sucks for us watching and sucks for the slower and colder conditions.
Yes, for once it's a late match so I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to watch. I can just get up early tomorrow. I have to get some schoolwork done anyway. Now I have an extra motivation to get up! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
It might not be the night match, Murray hasn't got night match yet and I believe Fed has had it twice.

This is why Milos needed to do well in Chennai, had he won 2 matches there he would have been the 12th seed and wouldn't have had to play Federer(actually if he was put where the current 12 seed was he would have to play Chardy)
It is a night match though..

I know it sucks that Milos couldn't get the 12th seed. Milos is unfortunately too inconsistent yet. He's a good player, but he still have the ROS, backhand etc to work on. He can play some really good matches, only to lose against players he really shouldn't lose to. But I think as his game improves, he will be more consistent too. The seeding and the match against Fed might not be too bad. He needs the experience of playing the top players anyway. It will be exciting for him to play Federer, even if the result is NID. He will definitely learn something from this match, so it's all good

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #2417
country flag AnotherGameFor

AnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond repute

Not a very good match for Milos today, was poor at net and way too many errors from the ground.
AnotherGameFor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #2418
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

There's all these tweets that Milos has a foot injury!

@Bonnie_D_Ford "Raonic just revealed didn't know if he could play til 45 min prior to match. Has inflamed metatarsal in left foot, got MRI & anesthesia."

hope it's not serious, and why would you anesthesize an injury and then stomp on it? won't that just cause you to do more damage without even feeling it (till later)? If he ends up not able to play the DC tie, it's gonna be a PR nightmare. And hopefully it doesn't affect too much of his season.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #2419
country flag AnotherGameFor

AnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond repute

Foot injury would explain the poor volleying, terrible groundstrokes and general impatience (especially from the backhand side) that he displayed.
AnotherGameFor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #2420
country flag ChampionshipPoints

ChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
It might not be the night match, Murray hasn't got night match yet and I believe Fed has had it twice.

This is why Milos needed to do well in Chennai, had he won 2 matches there he would have been the 12th seed and wouldn't have had to play Federer(actually if he was put where the current 12 seed was he would have to play Chardy)
Not playing Chennai was definitely a big mistake from Milos. What was he thinking?!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #2421
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionshipPoints View Post
Not playing Chennai was definitely a big mistake from Milos. What was he thinking?!
He was thinking about focusing on the Australian Open and I can't fault him for it. If he has as good a season as he hopes, he'll make up the points elsewhere anyway.
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #2422
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionshipPoints View Post
Yeah, you can say that now, but you did not know before, I thought playing Brisbane was a good idea, considering he was the 2nd seed there, I don't think it's maybe that big a deal, Chennai is also not really like the surface for Melbourne, so I personally would not recommend playing there.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #2423
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian Milos Raonic boosts local clinic
Fresh from Davis Cup triumph, Canada’s top player donates $70,000 to Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Foundation.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/tennis...al_clinic.html

Old 02-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #2424
country flag Mr.Prysse.

Mr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond repute

Great cause and well deserved money for them and good on him for putting that charity in the spotlight.

The misleading headlines slightly annoys me though.

Milos didn't donate 70K, his foundation did.
He's basically taking others people money and calls a press conference to get some good PR for himself.
The fact that it comes from his own pocket or others people doesn't make any difference in the end but I don't see someone like Federer willingly taking credit for something he didn't.

Last edited by Mr.Prysse. : 02-07-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Mr.Prysse. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #2425
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Prysse. View Post
Great cause and well deserved money for them and good on him for putting that charity in the spotlight.

He's basically taking others people money and calls a press conference to get some good PR for himself.
The fact that it comes from his own pocket or others people doesn't make any difference in the end but I don't see someone like Federer willingly taking credit for something he didn't.

I knew we'd have someone finding a way to spin it negatively. How do you know how much of his own money is in the donation? These foundation by rich athletes are usually set up as a vehicle for them to put their considerable income to charitable use. They get a tax break, but so does every private citizen who makes their own donations.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #2426
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

1st up for Milos in San Jose will be Russell or a qualy, so easy match there, then my guess is it will be Istomin, which should be a win considering he beat him in the final here last year, then Querrey though, who he has never beaten.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #2427
country flag DTLB

DTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Prysse. View Post

Last year, I had opened up discussion on Milos non-residency - a move that has been used, in the past, to avoid Canadian taxes.

The single mom Walmart cashier probably paid more Canadian tax than Milos.... I consider that single mom a better role model than good ole' Milos...
DTLB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #2428
country flag DTLB

DTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond reputeDTLB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post

These foundation by rich athletes are usually set up as a vehicle for them to put their considerable income to charitable use. They get a tax break, but so does every private citizen who makes their own donations.
Kat: Milos does not pay Canadian tax. As a resident of Monaco, I don't think he pays any tax there, also.

What I'd really like to know is if anyone of Milos' family members are employed by this charity.

Last edited by DTLB : 02-12-2013 at 07:42 AM.
DTLB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:13 AM   #2429
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTLB View Post
Kat: Milos does not pay Canadian tax. As a resident of Monaco, I don't think he pays any tax there, also.

What I'd really like to know is if anyone of Milos' family members are employed by this charity.
Dude, I don't care. Seriously, get over it.

The player forums are for fans of these players. If you want to bash players go to General Messages.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #2430
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTLB View Post
Last year, I had opened up discussion on Milos non-residency - a move that has been used, in the past, to avoid Canadian taxes.

The single mom Walmart cashier probably paid more Canadian tax than Milos.... I consider that single mom a better role model than good ole' Milos...
Wrong, the single mom cashier worker pays no income tax or very little of it . Raonic is a performer(when is at tennis event in Canada) therefore is contributing to the economy even if he doesn't pay income tax.
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote