Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans" - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #31
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
The majority of the fans DO want long rallies, as long as they're full of high quality shots like the Nadal-Djokovic ones and not of the Monfils-Simon kind. Just the select cult of Nadal/Djokovic haters on here, that are a majority on MTF, want to see 'spectacular' two shot rallies.
Wrong. The majority of fans wants variety. Fans want a fast US Open (because the AO is slow). Fans want a Masters 1000 on grass. Fans want long rallies as well, but they will get them during the clay season which is fairly long. A few HC tourneys could be kept slow as well.

But you remember Bercy 2010? The fastest hard court on the tour. People loved that tournament, especially the semi finals were excellent. Faster courts do NOT equal non stop serve fests, it's been proven.

Yet, ATP is benefitting from the homogenization of the courts as the same players (top 4) are winning everything these days. This way they become great poster boys, and the ATP can promote the "strongest era ever" bullshit to make money.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #32
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some more gentle comedy from Nadal....."25-second rule will harm the fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Wrong. The majority of fans wants variety. Fans want a fast US Open (because the AO is slow). Fans want a Masters 1000 on grass. Fans want long rallies as well, but they will get them during the clay season which is fairly long. A few HC tourneys could be kept slow as well.

But you remember Bercy 2010? The fastest hard court on the tour. People loved that tournament, especially the semi finals were excellent. Faster courts do NOT equal non stop serve fests, it's been proven.

Yet, ATP is benefitting from the homogenization of the courts as the same players (top 4) are winning everything these days. This way they become great poster boys, and the ATP can promote the "strongest era ever" bullshit to make money.
where?
Can't we compromise? Speed up the courts but ban the serve bots? I'd rather watch Nadal versus Monaco than Isner vs. Raonic on a fast court.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #33
country flag tuek

tuek has a reputation beyond reputetuek has a reputation beyond reputetuek has a reputation beyond reputetuek has a reputation beyond reputetuek has a reputation beyond reputetuek has a reputation beyond reputetuek has a reputation beyond reputetuek has a reputation beyond reputetuek has a reputation beyond reputetuek has a reputation beyond reputetuek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropvolley View Post

“People want to see long matches, competitive rallies and amazing shots. For me to play in a high level for four hours, I need more than 25 seconds,” said the Spaniard, famous for taking long between serves.

What a joke. I think most people would find a swift 5-setter a la AO Fed-Tsonga is far preferable to a six hour grindfest padded out with timewasting OCD tics. And if a player needs to habitually break the rules in order to perform well, then his game is inherently flawed.

Obviously, it's true that OCCASIONALLY a little extra time is needed after an exceptionally long/taxing point. If the umpire decides to be "mathematical" about it in that case, then so be it. I guess guys like Zeballos can just deal with it better: intentionally take the time violation penalty, then hit a second serve ace.
tuek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #34
country flag Aloevera

Aloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond repute

Hilarious. According to him, ATP should change every surface into clay and grass to show that they CARE about PLAYERS. This guy can't be more obvious.
Aloevera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #35
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

what a load of crap by pocahontas.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #36
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Everything Nadal says these days amuses me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
where?
Can't we compromise? Speed up the courts but ban the serve bots? I'd rather watch Nadal versus Monaco than Isner vs. Raonic on a fast court.
The courts of 10 years ago were just fine...
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #37
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Superb stuff.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #38
country flag Ichiban1920

Ichiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck this pathetic moonballing mug named Nadull complaining about the ATP not catering to his gamesmanship and time wasting skills.

Of course the pathetic Nadull-tards on here nod their collective empty heads to anything Nadull spews out of his mouth.

Nadull has cheated his way to winning matches simply by taking 45 seconds between points and now he's whining he can no longer cheat.
Ichiban1920 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #39
country flag GOATERER

GOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa's ideal season
January: a few clay events followed by first Slam (clay surface in South America)
February - April: Clay season
May: RG
June: Wimbeldon (for now still grass but perhaps change colour to red-clayish, no?)
July-August: 2nd half of clay season
Spetember: Last slam of the year...Mallorca, Spain (clay)
October-December: Rest and recover for next season

Rinse, repeat
GOATERER is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #40
country flag drazyc

drazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond repute

Badminton, volleyball, handball and many other indoor sports are played on some sort of hard courts. Tennis is overall not a sport with that many injuries compared to other sports. I would assume the risk of serious injury is much higher in football, which Nadal compares to tennis.
drazyc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #41
country flag robinpirate

robinpirate has a reputation beyond reputerobinpirate has a reputation beyond reputerobinpirate has a reputation beyond reputerobinpirate has a reputation beyond reputerobinpirate has a reputation beyond reputerobinpirate has a reputation beyond reputerobinpirate has a reputation beyond reputerobinpirate has a reputation beyond reputerobinpirate has a reputation beyond reputerobinpirate has a reputation beyond reputerobinpirate has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes Rafa doesn't seem very bright
robinpirate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #42
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to take Nadal seriously. He doesn't have all the horses in the stable.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #43
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute

He shouldn't care at all. His first serve is no different to his second serve anyway.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

1 year, 7 weeks as Top 10 and counting
M T F
Mega-Tsonga-Fandom
don't like Tsonga? move along, it's propaganda here.

Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #44
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazyc View Post
Badminton, volleyball, handball and many other indoor sports are played on some sort of hard courts. Tennis is overall not a sport with that many injuries compared to other sports. I would assume the risk of serious injury is much higher in football, which Nadal compares to tennis.
Of course ... but to Kneedullita Tennis is the sport with the most injuries Kneedull at it again

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #45
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropvolley View Post
http://www.tennispanorama.com/archives/35199

Nadal: “The 25-Second Rule Will Harm the Fans”

“People want to see long matches, competitive rallies and amazing shots. For me to play in a high level for four hours, I need more than 25 seconds,” said the Spaniard, famous for taking long between serves. ”I don’t think players are happy with the new rule. The umpire will have to decide when it’s up to follow it or not. Because if it’s something mathematical, it will harm the fans.”

Quote:
“I find hardcourts the worst for the body. You don’t see footballers playing on hard fields, or any other sports with aggressive moments (being practiced on the same surface). They’re the most harming for articulations, knees, backs.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirjhor View Post
Someone please tell him to stop playing Tennis if he couldn't cope himself with the rules.
It will be good enough if he just stops talking.