Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #361
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: It's comeback time baby!!! :rocker2:

i never liked him and this decision just makes my oppinion of him even stronger

Bonjour a tous!

Just had a shower, putting my best warm attires and ready to confront the ogres aka the French people
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #362
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

You already in Paris Andreea? Good luck!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #363
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Rafito

I watched most of the 2nd set and the first few games of the 3rd. I thought he had it in the bag after breaking Zeballos in the first game of the 3rd. Didn't expect to see him getting broken right after that and in such a way! Unbelievable error on bp.

Anyway Zeballos was playing really well and it's only the first tournament after such a long break, so I'm going to cut him some slack.
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #364
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Or you can come next week to meet me in Paris
Quote:
Nope, I'm going for work.

I'll have my Bruxelles city break soon enough, I hope
Quote:

I'm honoring Wagner year by drooling over Jonas all over Europe trying to catch whanever Wagner show I can this year.

Going to Med HD on March, 2nd
Paris, Brussels, Vienna... Living the good life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
liked Metis' hiking pictures

where is her
Mikey I've been busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Indeed.

When I was in Greece, I wanted to visit Delphi but it was a bit out of our way and our trip was already packed as it is
We didn't have time to visit the archeological site or the museum, we got there around 5pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merton View Post
This is worth a separate quote:

Poor Dlouhy, abandoned by his only Greek fangirl

This is dedicated to Metis:

The title is "Why did you betray me". The lyrics... well, I am sure Metis will study their deep meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
metis, those are lovely. how long was the hike up? did you have a picnic at the top?
The hike was about 4 hours long. We didn't really hike up to a peak. We started from a plateau (1180 m) and hiked down to Delphi (550 m) following the European long distance path E4 and the Greek path E22. There were points where we had to go up though. It wasn't too dificult or long, about 10-12 km I think. The last hour was the hardest because we were on the ancient stairway-like path down to Delphi, full of stones. Not so good for the knees but the views were spectacular. At some point we stopped briefly for a snack but after the hike we drove to the picturesque town of Arahova for dinner (the town is also the base for the nearby ski resort):

The whole experience was absolutely wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Mickelson in pebble beach yesterday, thats embarrassing

Wow, such exciting things happening in golf tournaments!
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #365
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about the people but their city is pretty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02612 mic.jpg (60.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02619 mic.jpg (85.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02626 mic.jpg (54.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02633 mic.jpg (55.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02639 mic.jpg (56.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-12-2013, 01:30 AM   #366
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
for the Rafa fans here.

I had that sick feeling in the last game.

But, I remind myself how good it is to see him back on the court.
But yes, he's back and he made a final.

Quote:
His opponent came out with all guns blazing: good serve, aggressive in his shots. I feel that Rafa lacked confidence (it went up and down throughout the match, I think that he was fighting himself as much as his opponent) and I think that he's still needs to build up his fitness level but on the plus side, he kept fighting until the end.
I didn't see any of the match, so it was interesting to read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
In other news, our national ice hockey team just qualified for the Olympic Games. Everyone was so happy yesterday Especially because Dinamo Riga had such a bad season.

Quote:
Just read that the pope will abdicated on the 28th of February.
The first time in over 600 years a pope has abdicated! What's going on with old people - first a queen, now a pope.

Quote:
i never liked him and this decision just makes my oppinion of him even stronger
I'm not Roman Catholic but I'm hoping they pick someone more liberal this time.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #367
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post
The first time in over 600 years a pope has abdicated! What's going on with old people - first a queen, now a pope.
It's heaps better than what the previous pope went through, sticking through the end although you wondered in what state of mind he was. He should have abdicated too so that he could spend the last years of his life in a bit of peace and quiet. I think that the leader of a church should be strong for the job anyway.

Quote:
I'm not Roman Catholic but I'm hoping they pick someone more liberal this time.
Well, the current pope will have a very strong say in it and he had a very strong say in hand-picking the people who are now on the short list for the job so I'm not really seeing a liberal pope any time soon.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #368
country flag acionescu

Quote:

Yes, it's so good to see him back on court but , that final was still tough to watch.
I know

But honestly, I'm so happy to see him back on court that the result almost doesn't matter.

Almost.

That being said, he has to stop being that tentative. I understand he's scared about the knee but WTF was that serve at 6-6 in the 2nd set TB to go MP up?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #369
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Andreea, have fun in Paris
Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #370
country flag acionescu

Quote:
It's heaps better than what the previous pope went through, sticking through the end although you wondered in what state of mind he was. He should have abdicated too so that he could spend the last years of his life in a bit of peace and quiet. I think that the leader of a church should be strong for the job anyway.

Yup. Just imagine the world today if Jesus would have retired before the crucifixion to enjoy a peace and quiet married life with Mary-Magdalene.

Serving God doesn't work like that.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #371
country flag acionescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Andreea, have fun in Paris
I am.

Tonight: Montmartre

Seeing that my work finishes around 6 PM and it takes around an hour to reach my hotel you can imagine at what hour I'll reach Montmartre

I wandered through Paris until midnight last night
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #372
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just imagine the world today if Jesus would have retired before the crucifixion to enjoy a peace and quiet married life with Mary-Magdalene.

Serving God doesn't work like that.
Bit of a wild comparison, that. The pope isn't exactly dying for our sins and he will most probably have a natural death.

The previous pope looked like death warmed up at the latter stages of his life. How on earth did he serve God then? The mere presence of what's left of his body and mind? If your brain is turning to mush, how are you serving God? The church needs a strong leader with a healthy mind in a healthy body. I disliked this pope with a passion but I have respect for his decision to step down. I no longer consider myself a roman catholic but I still think it's important for the world to have a strong, good man for that job so I hope that they make a good choice but I doubt it.

Quote:
That being said, he has to stop being that tentative. I understand he's scared about the knee but WTF was that serve at 6-6 in the 2nd set TB to go MP up
True. It was frustrating to watch.

Same with the third set. He goes a break up and he follows it up with a very tentative serve game.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #373
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone say hi to Ajdeman (he's in my avatar).

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #374
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ajdeman!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #375
country flag acionescu

H=L, the Djokotard

You don't get your space back, buddy, until you don't drop the Ajde