¡¡Vina del Mar!! Rafa Falls to a deserving Zeballos - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #61
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ¡¡Vina del Mar!! Gimeno-Traver up next! Not before 6 p.m.

Quote:
Nadal Beats Gimeno-Traver For SF Berth; Chardy Up Next by ATP Staff
Vina del Mar, Chile

"Today I had more confidence than the other days," said Nadal. "That is positive. It gives me confidence, and reasons to believe that I'm on the right way. I'm happy to win in singles against a tough opponent like Dani and to reach the semi-finals after seven months.

"In this tournament I had a good feeling. The crowd gave me their support all the time. It helps a lot when you come with a bad feeling."

Nadal broke Gimeno-Traver three times and wiped away four break points against his serve in the final game of the match to wrap up the quarter-final victory in 84 minutes.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Zeballos.aspx

Quote:
Monaco/Nadal To Play For Vina Del Mar Title

Juan Monaco and Rafael Nadal advanced to the VTR Open final on Friday, defeating Carlos Berlocq and Leonardo Mayer 6-3, 6-4 in Vina del Mar. Monaco and Nadal broke the Argentine pair once in each set to seal the win in 76 minutes.

For the title, the Argentine/Spanish duo play Paolo Lorenzi and Potito Starace. The Italians rallied for a 5-7, 6-3, 11-9 victory over Andrey Kuznetsov and Andre Sa.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...eb-Friday.aspx

People, we cannot expect Rafa to be at his best in the first tournament back after such a long injury break. I just hope for a good clay court season and the RG title. Last year final vs Djokovic I honestly sensed something wasn't quite right but he's won RG on one leg before so fingers crossed.
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 04:00 AM   #62
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

go go go rafa

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #63
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nadal Seeks Vina Del Mar Double; Zeballos Beats Berlocq
Vina del Mar, Chile
by ATP Staff

Top seed Rafael Nadal will look to cap off an incredible comeback tournament when he plays for the singles and doubles trophies on Sunday at the VTR Open in Vina del Mar. Nadal is making his season debut this week after being sidelined for seven months with a left knee injury.

"I'm really happy with what I've been doing this week," said Nadal. "I have a good feeling on the court. So I cannot ask for anything more. I will try to play better and better every day."

Nadal breezed into the singles final Saturday evening, dismissing third-seeded Jeremy Chardy 6-2, 6-2. He will begin his quest to double up on the hardware when he faces Horacio Zeballos for the singles crown at 10pm CET/4pm ET, and then will take court with Juan Monaco in the doubles final against Italians Paolo Lorenzi and Potito Starace.

"I played well today, better than the days before, which is important," Nadal said. "I won't compare myself to seven months ago, it's just the first week of competition. It's a great feeling to be in a final match after so much time without playing.

"Tomorrow, it will be a tough match against Horacio, who is playing great tennis. I hope to keep enjoying myself like I've been doing during this tournament and that my physical condition remains good."
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...s-Berlocq.aspx
Old 02-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #64
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Two titles and no sets dropped would be a very nice week indeed.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #65
country flag Edurne

Edurne is on a distinguished road

Vamos Rafaaa!
Edurne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #66
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa is back baby.

Can someone please give me a live video i tried to go to the original page i usually go to but something is wrong with that site.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #67
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

I for one am not joining in on the completely predictable (GM) obituary. Nadal winning would have been a fairytale and USO'10 was Rafa's. Beating Rafa on clay to win a first ATP title must feel out of this world!
Hope Rafa breaking and being broken straight back has made it's annual appearance never to return.
mseles1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #68
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm disappointed of course. It was a winnable match, and it's obvious Rafa needs to improve a few things in his game.

Zeballos was a deserving winner and it was impossible for me not to be happy for him when he won.

I was so proud of Rafa because he was excused from participating in the trophy presentation ceremony because he still had to play doubles, but Rafa chose to remain. It was the right thing to do. I would have been disappointed in him had he not done so.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #69
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ¡¡Vina del Mar!! Rafa Falls to a deserving Z-man. Vamos in Doubles!

Well like i said in about three threads now. I am happy to see Zeballos for the first time play some tennis. I havent been able to til today. But since the first set i knew Zeballos was gonna be a tough player for Nadal. He was serving very very well. Not only that he was mixing his shot making and really confusing Nadal alot. His backhand was amazing. and his forehand is really decently good too. So well deserve win for Zeballos he earn me a new fan of him. Rafa, welcome back again and good luck in the next tournament. Same goes to Zeballos.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:09 AM   #70
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ¡¡Vina del Mar!! Rafa Falls to a deserving Zeballos

disappointed to hear him losing coz i was expecting a win this year of Snake starts in a bad way for me. First, got 3 sms from my boss scolding me for ordering the wrong flowers at reception, now rafa losing

well well well, we just have to take things slowly, and hope he gonna improves soon

still Rafa, we love you and are proud of you

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:50 AM   #71
country flag evilmindbulgaria
Banned!

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
disappointed to hear him losing coz i was expecting a win this year of Snake starts in a bad way for me. First, got 3 sms from my boss scolding me for ordering the wrong flowers at reception, now rafa losing

well well well, we just have to take things slowly, and hope he gonna improves soon

still Rafa, we love you and are proud of you
Mimi That's ok. Keep you head up!

Rafa is slowly finding his form. Just like at Wimbledon, he lost to a guy on fire who played the match of his life. Let's hope Rafa remains healthy, I am pretty convinced this loss will make him even hungrier and motivate him towards new titles!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #72
country flag shawshank

shawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond repute

Very dissapointing, and kind of surprising as well... I was really sad and nervous watching it. I saw only the last set and I have to admit Zeballos played insane tennis. Still, I was hoping for a hattrick on his comeback...
Anyway, it was a huge think to see my idol back on court. I really appreciate it a lot.
I also hope that he can still win in Brazil and Mexico...

RAFAEL NADAL
CAREER GRAND SLAM: 1 AO, 9 RG, 2 WIM, 2 US
TOTAL TOURNAMENTS WON: 64 (44 CLAY), (27 MASTERS 1000)

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
HAAS, GULBIS, THIEM, DIMITROV, BERANKIS
KUBOT, JANOWICZ, PRZYSIĘŻNY, MAJCHRZAK

GOAT: PETE SAMPRAS

2014 highlights: Rafa winning 9th RG and Kubot winning AO doubles - first Grand Slam title for Poland in my life!
shawshank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #73
country flag shawshank

shawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know when is Rafa playing his first match in Brazil? I can see he is playing doubles on Tuesday and singles?

RAFAEL NADAL
CAREER GRAND SLAM: 1 AO, 9 RG, 2 WIM, 2 US
TOTAL TOURNAMENTS WON: 64 (44 CLAY), (27 MASTERS 1000)

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
HAAS, GULBIS, THIEM, DIMITROV, BERANKIS
KUBOT, JANOWICZ, PRZYSIĘŻNY, MAJCHRZAK

GOAT: PETE SAMPRAS

2014 highlights: Rafa winning 9th RG and Kubot winning AO doubles - first Grand Slam title for Poland in my life!
shawshank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #74
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Nadal Reflects On Comeback Week

Vina del Mar, Chile
by ATP Staff

Assessing the pros and cons of his closely watched return to the ATP World Tour in Vina del Mar this past week, former World No. 1 Rafael Nadal said that ‘the balance is positive’. Playing his first tournament after a seven-month layoff due to a left knee injury, Nadal reached the singles and doubles finals at the VTR Open, but lost both title matches. After nine matches in six days, Nadal said that he now had a much better insight to where his game and body were.

A week ago we didn't know how the body would respond,” he said. “[Now] at least I know we can compete at a certain level. I think that was a positive week… I will try to keep improving my physical sensations day by day, which is the most important thing because I don't feel that my tennis level is bad. I need more time on court.

"The knee is still bothering me, but you have to face adversity with the best possible face and look forward to keep working and enjoy what I like the most, to play tennis."

Nadal, who suffered just his fifth loss in 41 career clay-court finals when he fell to Zeballos 6-7(2), 7-6(6), 6-4, said that he was very pleased to make his return in Chile. Zeballos became just the third player (Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer) to beat Nadal in a clay-court final.

"The tennis is important, but for me the best thing was to have the feelings I've had this week, with a full stadium and one of the best crowds I've ever had in my life. It's a place I won't forget because of the love people gave me.

"I was two points away from winning the title, but I said from first day that the result was not the most important thing, although I would've liked to win. My opponent won, he deserved it and I congratulate him. Still, to win four matches in a row is good news for me."
As Voo pointed out it was 3 wins in a row in singles but yeah, at least he's back on match court.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Comeback.aspx
Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #75
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Add me to the list of disappointed people As soon as he was broken back in the third it seemed sure he would lose. Or maybe I was just being pessimistic

Zeballos played very well but Rafa gave him a helping hand with some passive play and short balls.

If he can win one of the remaining tournaments then this becomes meaningless, however, if he leaves empty handed then....
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote