Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 143 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #2131
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Nothing on a Friday night?
To be fair, I went out for dinner with my ex-bf. We are good friends, nothing more. But the funny thing, is that as boyfriends, in the beginning of our relationship, we had dinner there once, and we only went back there today.

Italian restaurant, a lot of pastas that I love, I never know which one to pick. After thinking for 5 minutes, I ended up ordering the exact same pasta I order on that date we had there. I didn't remember that, but he pointed that out to me, and then when the pasta came I recognized he was right!

This is so wow. I mean , people really do follow a pattern and most "random" stuff we do, is not so random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
It is

If I book direct flights now, it's over $600. Now, I have to stop over in Chicago (yes, way out of the path) on the way to Calgary but it's a direct flight back home and the ticket is $386.
It's well worth it. 200 is a lot of cash.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #2132
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
I'm sure that's some way from the truth.

My life is currently pretty boring, too. I'm kind of falling asleep right now. This week has taken its toll on me.
Nah, my life really is boring. I don't go out much and my friends are getting more boring by the minute. (I love them very much )

I am growing up, I guess.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #2133
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm pasta sounds delicious.

I have been eating like absolute crap lately because we're just eating whatever people bring to the house, so there were like... cakes and cookies and sandwiches and more cakes. One lady found some Lithuanian things at a Polish market she goes to, so that was actually quite thoughtful (and delicious)

Now our one relative from Willkes-Barre, PA brought back some hot dogs my dad loves and we are heating those up I just want real food.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #2134
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post

I have been eating like absolute crap lately because we're just eating whatever people bring to the house, so there were like... cakes and cookies and sandwiches and more cakes. One lady found some Lithuanian things at a Polish market she goes to, so that was actually quite thoughtful (and delicious)

Now our one relative from Willkes-Barre, PA brought back some hot dogs my dad loves and we are heating those up I just want real food.
Just a couple more days and life goes bac to normal! You can do it! And when you feel like ranting about it, that's what we are here for!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #2135
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
To be fair, I went out for dinner with my ex-bf. We are good friends, nothing more. But the funny thing, is that as boyfriends, in the beginning of our relationship, we had dinner there once, and we only went back there today.

Italian restaurant, a lot of pastas that I love, I never know which one to pick. After thinking for 5 minutes, I ended up ordering the exact same pasta I order on that date we had there. I didn't remember that, but he pointed that out to me, and then when the pasta came I recognized he was right!

This is so wow. I mean , people really do follow a pattern and most "random" stuff we do, is not so random.
The emboldened part did make me chuckle, sorry.

Wow, that is an interesting tale and certainly anything but boring.

I agree completely about the patterns part, so called 'random' behaviour is actually relatively predictable, as you demonstrated.

May I ask a question?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #2136
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Not surprising picking the same pasta dish. Actually, that's normal because after all consideration, people tend to pick what they are familiar with.

Quote:

It's well worth it. 200 is a lot of cash.
If I booked the direct flights in December, the price would be around $386 but at that time, I did not know whether hubby and Jr. would go.

Now I worried whether I have enough time in Chicago. I need to change planes and O'Hara airport is HUGE plus I have never been there and I only have 45 minutes provided the flight will not delay Otherwise, I may have to spend a night in the airport
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #2137
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Never heard of that website…
It's an online travel agent where you can buy air tickets, book rental cars and hotel rooms. Probably mainly in US.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #2138
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:

Hopefully life is back to normal in a day or two.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #2139
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Now I worried whether I have enough time in Chicago. I need to change planes and O'Hara airport is HUGE plus I have never been there and I only have 45 minutes provided the flight will not delay Otherwise, I may have to spend a night in the airport
As long as your flight is on time I think you'll be okay. I have had a layover there of about that length and we made it

It IS huge though

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #2140
country flag arm

Quote:
The emboldened part did make me chuckle, sorry.

Wow, that is an interesting tale and certainly anything but boring.

I agree completely about the patterns part, so called 'random' behaviour is actually relatively predictable, as you demonstrated.

May I ask a question?
You may.

Quote:
Not surprising picking the same pasta dish. Actually, that's normal because after all consideration, people tend to pick what they are familiar with.

If I booked the direct flights in December, the price would be around $386 but at that time, I did not know whether hubby and Jr. would go.

45 is really short. no other option?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #2141
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh gosh

My grandma does not need any more stress but she is not savvy to the evils of this world. Someone from "Medicare" just called her to "verify her social security number and address". My grandma didn't know any better so she gave the information and then asked them a question. When she asked a question they hung up. She's obviously notifying banks etc, but what a headache for her We told her to also call my cousin the police officer to see if there's anything police can do... track the number etc.

I hate criminals that take advantage of the elderly My great aunt was also a victim of people who came into her house and stole from her. They asked to use the telephone or something and so she lets them in and while one was on the phone the other went into her bedroom and stole jewelry from her.

Today's world is you seriously can't trust anyone.
Awful. Crooks seem to have lost any restraint they ever possessed these days, taking advantage of the elderly like that.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #2142
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You may.
Now I have two questions. Firstly, why the smiley? Secondly, how awkward did you find the experience of having dinner with your ex?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #2143
country flag arm

Quote:
Now I have two questions. Firstly, why the smiley? Secondly, how awkward did you find the experience of having dinner with your ex?
Because I knew it would b a question like that. saw it coming

I have dinner with him all the time. So no awkward at all, we are good friends.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #2144
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Because I knew it would b a question like that. saw it coming
You read my intentions well, in that case.

Quote:
I have dinner with him all the time. So no awkward at all, we are good friends.
Good for you, then. I would like to think that remaining on good terms is always the preferable option in wake of a break-up. It just doesn't happen often though, or at least in my experience.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #2145
country flag arm

Quote:
You read my intentions well, in that case.

Good for you, then. I would like to think that remaining on good terms is always the preferable option in wake of a break-up. It just doesn't happen often though, or at least in my experience.
It doesn't happen very often, no. In my case it's even more unlikely, because we were never friends before becoming a couple and we dated for over 2 years. But he is just too good of a guy, really, and we liked ad like each other's company too much to give up on it completely.

It's very rare though. I realized that
Closed Thread