Rotterdam Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 12, 2012) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #31
country flag Chris.

Chris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rotterdam Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 7, 2012)

You don't deserve a wildcard because of one match. Rosol has only beaten one player in the top 40 since then and it was Troicki.
Chris. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #32
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rotterdam Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 6, 2012)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn. View Post
He doesn't deserve one at all. Few people will know him, even despite the Wimbledon upset, and he shouldn't be expected to make it to the QFs (unlike someone like Monfils). Giving Rosol one over Huta Galung and De Bakker would be quite a travesty, in my opinion.
Westerhof, Middelkoop and Schoorel are all ranked higher than Huta, so no way will Huta be getting a WC before they do, it's Schoorel I say.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #33
country flag Metafizicar

Metafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMU30 View Post
Monfils just lost to Gasquet in R2 He will not make a QF...Rosol definitely deserves one...He pulled off the biggest upset of the year last year...You don't deserve a wildcard so it makes sense you would hate on Rosol...True tennis fans would definitely know who he was...It was all over the media last year for a week after Wimbledon and the countdown lists at the end of the year for upsets, shocks, tennis moments, etc...Your comments are delusional What is wrong with giving a decent indoor player a WC after playing and winning the longest match in DC history? Does your brain function at optimal level? Bitter hater still hating

It is a good thing your opinion means nothing to the tournament directors because Huta Galung in a 500 level MD is the only travesty I see
How can you make a comment ridiculous as this one? In your opinion, it would be a travesty if Rosol doesn't get a wildcard? Hahaha....are you serious? This is a big tournament, a ATP 500 tournament, the MD is great, very strong, do you honestly think the organizers will give a WC to a average Czech player? Yea, he beat Nadal, it doesn't mean that suddenly he became famous or a great player. It is more logical they wait for some big star to ask for a WC, if that doesn't happen they should give it to a local player, it doesn't matter what ranking he is, it would be more deserving than to give it to someone like Rosol.

www.snowmanbet.com/forum
Metafizicar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #34
country flag Hellraiser

Hellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifying Entry List (updated February 7, 2013)

Kubot is staying in Prague.

He gonna play here only in singles if he gets in MD without qualys.
Hellraiser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #35
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metafizicar View Post
How can you make a comment ridiculous as this one? In your opinion, it would be a travesty if Rosol doesn't get a wildcard? Hahaha....are you serious? This is a big tournament, a ATP 500 tournament, the MD is great, very strong, do you honestly think the organizers will give a WC to a average Czech player? Yea, he beat Nadal, it doesn't mean that suddenly he became famous or a great player. It is more logical they wait for some big star to ask for a WC, if that doesn't happen they should give it to a local player, it doesn't matter what ranking he is, it would be more deserving than to give it to someone like Rosol.
When did I say it would be a travesty if Rosol did not get a WC? I said he is as deserving as anyone else a hell of a lot more than Huta Galung or players ranked outside the Top 150...A very strong MD with walking byes in terms of local players is not that strong. I can see the tournament organizers wanting to give a couple WC's to their own players, but what's wrong with giving the other two to nonlocal players? Rosol almost made the main draw on his own, so it's not that big of a deal...Looking at the list of the next alternates in, he would be a good choice for an indoor HC tournament...And it does matter what ranking you are...I guarantee none of the WC local players will get past the first round with this "strong field" as you claim...Rosol has more of a chance, imo, to win a couple rounds as they do, so whats the problem or travesty if he gets a WC, from a logical perspective?
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #36
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
You don't deserve a wildcard because of one match. Rosol has only beaten one player in the top 40 since then and it was Troicki.
And local players deserve WC just because they are local? Rosol's win wasn't just "a match"...It was part of tennis history and there is a huge difference between the two...He is a pretty good indoor HC player, as well...Which Top 40 players did Huta Galung, Schoorel, Middlekoop or de Bakker beat in the last year? even Top 100 players? 0, zilch...So what's your point? Rosol is like a Top 50-60 player and those local guys are clearly not, so your rationale doesn't make any sense...It's fair to give a couple local WC's but it's also fair to give a Top 50-60 player a WC too...There are 4 WC's after all

Last edited by JamieMU30 : 02-08-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #37
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Westerhof, Middelkoop and Schoorel are all ranked higher than Huta, so no way will Huta be getting a WC before they do, it's Schoorel I say.
Schoorel is injured.

And those other three shouldn't be getting a WC, IMO.

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #38
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.abnamrowtt.nl/nieuws-en-m...iemo-de-bakker

WC for De Bakker.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #39
country flag Metafizicar

Metafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond reputeMetafizicar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And local players deserve WC just because they are local? Rosol's win wasn't just "a match"...It was part of tennis history and there is a huge difference between the two...He is a pretty good indoor HC player, as well...Which Top 40 players did Huta Galung, Schoorel, Middlekoop or de Bakker beat in the last year? even Top 100 players? 0, zilch...So what's your point? Rosol is like a Top 50-60 player and those local guys are clearly not, so your rationale doesn't make any sense...It's fair to give a couple local WC's but it's also fair to give a Top 50-60 player a WC too...There are 4 WC's after all
You completely missed the point. It is a perfectly normal thing for a tournament to give a chance for some points and money to local players, why on Earth would they waste it on someone like Rosol?!?! It doesn't make any sense. They will give WC to a star player or a local player, it's always been like this, I don't know why it is hard for you to believe it.

In any case, De Bakker got the WC, so I guess the organizers got my point.

www.snowmanbet.com/forum
Metafizicar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #40
country flag MIJB#19

MIJB#19 has a reputation beyond reputeMIJB#19 has a reputation beyond reputeMIJB#19 has a reputation beyond reputeMIJB#19 has a reputation beyond reputeMIJB#19 has a reputation beyond reputeMIJB#19 has a reputation beyond reputeMIJB#19 has a reputation beyond reputeMIJB#19 has a reputation beyond reputeMIJB#19 has a reputation beyond reputeMIJB#19 has a reputation beyond reputeMIJB#19 has a reputation beyond repute

Is "Rosol" a magic word to get people into endless discussions?
MIJB#19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #41
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Monfils just lost to Gasquet in R2 He will not make a QF...Rosol definitely deserves one...He pulled off the biggest upset of the year last year...You don't deserve a wildcard so it makes sense you would hate on Rosol...True tennis fans would definitely know who he was...It was all over the media last year for a week after Wimbledon and the countdown lists at the end of the year for upsets, shocks, tennis moments, etc...Your comments are delusional What is wrong with giving a decent indoor player a WC after playing and winning the longest match in DC history? Does your brain function at optimal level? Bitter hater still hating

It is a good thing your opinion means nothing to the tournament directors because Huta Galung in a 500 level MD is the only travesty I see
Monfils is an established player (former Top 10) with a lot of charisma, a good indoor game, and good results this year.

Sure, true tennis fans will know who Rosol is. But fewer people will buy a ticket to watch him play than Monfils. Or than a Dutch player. Most people at tennis tournaments aren't true tennis fans. And, honestly, Rosol has done nothing since that one win.

By the way, I don't dislike Rosol at all. In fact I would match rather watch him than Monfils.

I remember your lack of logic from your bitter debates with Filo. I'm fearing, though, that your ability to reason logically has even deteriorated since then.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #42
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Is "Rosol" a magic word to get people into endless discussions?
It's more that all rationality ceases to be in the face of Jamie's fanboying.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #43
country flag JamieMU30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn. View Post
It's more that all rationality ceases to be in the face of Jamie's fanboying.
Fanboy? I am very clear-minded and very logical...I replied to someone saying they thought Lukas might get a wild card and I said that would be awesome...Then you chime in with bitter comments saying he doesn't deserve one, yet Huta Galung does If that makes sense to you, you are more illogical and crazy than I thought

Monfils hasn't been in the Top 10 for awhile and yet you think he deserves a WC...If you read my posts, you would see that I do think local players deserve WC along with non-local players...On the original post, it listed 4 WC...Sijsling, Monfils and de Bakker make three, so there is room for one more, right? What's wrong with giving a WC to a non-local player...Many tournaments give WC to players from different countries...

This isn't about being a fanboy...I think Rosol is as deserving of a WC as any other player, but moreso than local players who will inevitably flop in the first round...I understand that home country's want to give WC to their journeymen/mugs, but does that make the WC a waste? More times than not, I think it does even though I understand why they give them to said players

I don't personally think that Schoorel, Huta Galung, Middlekoop or de Bakker stand a hell's chance in getting past the R1 unless they play one another...None of them have done anything relevant and they are all walking byes in my opinion with de Bakker being the possible exception...If you support ethnocentrism, nationalism and nepetism, then that is your prerogative...Personally, I don't

Now please exit stage left whereas you are dismissed
Old 02-09-2013, 02:25 AM   #44
country flag nolesfan2011

nolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rotterdam Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 8, 2012)

Rosol is a fluke, they guy belongs in challengers honestly, much less wild cards outside of eastern european events..
Hewitt, Kyrgios,Kohlschreiber, Dolgopolov, Stakhovsky, Nieminen, Verdasco, Melzer brothers,Baghdatis,Pospisil,Dodig,Cilic,Taro Daniel, Nishioka, Ebden, McGee,Mathieu, Benji Becker, Berankis,Bemelmans,Russell, Muller, Lacko,Zverev,Stebe, Smyczek, Alex Kuznetsov,Baker,Isner,Kudla, Sandgren,Johnson,Sweeting,Williams, Krajicek,Harrison Brothers,Bryan Brothers, Flemchins
Former fan of Fernando Gonzalez, Niemeyer, Dent,Niland, Luczak,Malisse,Kunitsyn, and Schuettler http://tenniseastcoast.com tennisviewmag.com @nolesfan2011 on twitter
nolesfan2011 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #45
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rotterdam Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 8, 2012)

Lacko is out, Mathieu is in.

I think Hanescu is in too, I wonder why they did not have Zemlja on the 1st list, cause it came out to 31 players instead of 32, unless there was a SE.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote