Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 140 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #2086
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Those cupcakes are excellent but I just can't eat them like that. How can you eat such cute puppies?
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #2087
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
The app sucks! I only use it to post photos, other than that I use the regular browser.
The app won't even let me post photos

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #2088
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Thanks Joe, didn´t have a clue. My phone is prehistoric, I must be among the few 22 year olds that have never used an app

Berlin is worth it, trust me. But very cool that you have been to all these places, when did you start travelling? Must have been a long time ago, since you´ve already been to so many places, no?

And before I forget: great cupcakes
Started with my parents since I was a little girl. I owe them my passion, although they don't love travelling as much as I do. Well, I crave travelling, I am past love.

Anyways, what defined my whole travel life so far: parents allowed 12 year old me to travel alone with my 13 year old bff to Paris, where her aunt received us. We visited Paris by ourselves. And I turned 13 there. To this day I don't understand how my parents allowed that, but it changed my whole future!

And when I started Uni my travelling escalated because I suddenly had the time to do it (between semesters, or just skip a whole week of classes, plus the ERASMUS year).
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #2089
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Great story Wish I had been so smart as to do the same thing back when I was younger, I´ve lost so much time already
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #2090
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

You have done your share of travelling too. What do you mean you've lost so much time? You used your time the best way you knew and could! Same thing for me I could only have done better if I didn't have limited funds , but I do, and one must adapt to the circumstances.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #2091
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
You both trying to tease me, I see. star you LIVED in germany
But not in Berlin.

I had to go by bus through then East Germany under the watch towers and see the plowed ground to prevent people from running freely to the fence to try to escape. There was absolutely no traffic on the autobahn except the buses and on the bridges over the autobahn small groups of people stood and watched the busses go by. Sad really.

Also the East German guards had fun teasing a poor girl on the bus. We had to turn in our passports to them and when they came to the front of the bus to return them in an intimidating voice they called out the name of a young woman and demanded she come to the front of the bus. It was so tense. When she got there they handed her her pass and said "Happy Birthday." It was a bit cruel and there was some nervous laughter from the passengers, but not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Those cupcakes are excellent but I just can't eat them like that. How can you eat such cute puppies?
You have to carefully scrape off the frosting and set it aside.

Anyway, I'm not very fond of frosting.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #2092
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Meh, I´ve only really started to travel around during the last couple of years. Before that, I was so lethargic. My own parents always traveled to their parents during the summers and I of course tagged along. And that hasn´t really stopped since I´ve started travelling on my own, I still spend every summer in Serbia and Croatia. And of coure one could ask why not go somewhere else. Thing is, I have friends and family there, spread around a lot of places, and if I do not see them in the summer I do not see them for the whole next year. It´s a dilemma. And as far as my share of travelling is concerned, I haven´t even visited London. London, which I can reach by plane in 45 minutes :embarrassed:

Last edited by Trollicki : 02-07-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #2093
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I had to go by bus through then East Germany under the watch towers and see the plowed ground to prevent people from running freely to the fence to try to escape. There was absolutely no traffic on the autobahn except the buses and on the bridges over the autobahn small groups of people stood and watched the busses go by. Sad really.

Also the East German guards had fun teasing a poor girl on the bus. We had to turn in our passports to them and when they came to the front of the bus to return them in an intimidating voice they called out the name of a young woman and demanded she come to the front of the bus. It was so tense. When she got there they handed her her pass and said "Happy Birthday." It was a bit cruel and there was some nervous laughter from the passengers, but not much.
I was there this weekend and I´ve seen bits and pieces of the wall. It´s fascinating to see how eastern Berlin has gone from police state to anarchist lair.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #2094
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was there this weekend and I´ve seen bits and pieces of the wall. It´s fascinating to see how eastern Berlin has gone from police state to anarchist lair.
It all happened so fast, didn't it?

Not fast for human life, but in historical terms.

Somehow it was a manifestation of how difficult it is to rule against the will of the people.

And just think! It all happened without the internet.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #2095
country flag arm

It all happened really fast...

I could use a cupcake right now..........
Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #2096
country flag Trollicki

Yeah, it did (though I was only born the year after the wall fell, so I can´t give you the impression I had as the wall was tumbling down ) The metaphor I always use is that of a champagne bottle you keep shaking. You keep shaking the bottle, but one day the cork will come off. And when the cork comes off, there is no way to get the champagne back in the bottle.

They had revolutions before the internet? I´d have sworn the French Revolution started by someone posting ´Let´s tear down the Bastille!´ on Facebook
Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #2097
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Yeah, it did (though I was only born the year after the wall fell, so I can´t give you the impression I had as the wall was tumbling down ) The metaphor I always use is that of a champagne bottle you keep shaking. You keep shaking the bottle, but one day the cork will come off. And when the cork comes off, there is no way to get the champagne back in the bottle.

They had revolutions before the internet? I´d have sworn the French Revolution started by someone posting ´Let´s tear down the Bastille!´ on Facebook
I thought it was a flash mob.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #2098
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I thought it was a flash mob.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #2099
country flag arm

I have to go some place tonight, but I have no idea how I am going to drag myself out now.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #2100
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

All these great travel stories and tips are very interesting and certainly inspire me even more to go travelling now . On a note re/ weight loss which I mentioned tonight, I just ate my evening meal and felt full at the end which I usually don't feel. I guess it's kind of a mental thing as I went in with the mindset that this would be the last thing I eat tonight as I don't want to snack on bread later. Fingers crossed it works.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread