Janowicz criticizes Federer and Djokovic's attitude - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #61
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Janowicz criticizes Federer and Djokovic's attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
He has a right to his opinion. I still love the guy despite his comments on one of my other fav's Djokoivc... Besides, he's spot on with the olderer comments.
As you love so much to do: .

Old 02-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #62
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
He has a right to his opinion.
By all means, he has Likewise, we have a right to opinion on his opinions
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #63
country flag Serve&Volley01

Serve&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't this just jealously and envy? I'm sure if Nadal was No. 1 he'll find some shit about him to say.

when you're so much better than the rest of the field like the big 4 the rest get pretty pissed and rolls their eyes at you.
Serve&Volley01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #64
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
and in the meantime as the French Tennis Federation and French newspapers keep on blaming Federer for being the only responsible for the prize money which they have to increase, even claiming that he asks for that only for his individual interest ...

Yes, that's how things go.

Janowicz like a few other players just saw Nadal shout for a boycott, whereas Fed was cautious and asked the players to cool down and that boycott threats were a bit premature, and in his mind he has this emotional picture printed, and he judges according to it.

That's emotional primary judgment and he was not the only player reacting like that.

It was actually good politics from Nadal, as far as his own popularity was concerned, except that his goals finally failed for a two-year ranking system despite the support of most top-10 players of the time (his call to change the calendar and have the WTF right after the US Open seemed to be progressing until recently where the recent news have not looked as encouraging for that plan) ... but for the goal at stake for lower-ranked players, the slam prize money, Fed took a bigger part ... even though clearly boycott threats helped the claim a lot.
It is really in these kind of interviews and these kind of positions most tennis players take in supporting Nadal's demagogic pressers that you notice the lack of education in most of these players. They just seem to lack the brains and ability to perceive what's actually there. To be fair, that's also true of most of the population on this planet .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #65
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve&Volley01 View Post
Isn't this just jealously and envy? I'm sure if Nadal was No. 1 he'll find some shit about him to say.

when you're so much better than the rest of the field like the big 4 the rest get pretty pissed and rolls their eyes at you.
I'm sure he's not jealous of Rafa's 11 slams, olympic gold etc. etc. It's that #1 ranking Nole has that really ticked him off. He's honest, deal with it

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #66
country flag octatennis

octatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond repute

He is right about Fed, not sure about Nole.
octatennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #67
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatennis View Post
He is right about Fed, not sure about Nole.
I always appreciate these expert opinions on MTF. One of the best things about this forum.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #68
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Love how all the Federer and Nole fans who were loving him during his Paris run have suddenly turned on him
Nole fan and Murray fan here (remember Janowicz knocked Murray out of Paris...) and I still Lover Jerzy.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #69
country flag Israel

Israel has a reputation beyond reputeIsrael has a reputation beyond reputeIsrael has a reputation beyond reputeIsrael has a reputation beyond reputeIsrael has a reputation beyond reputeIsrael has a reputation beyond reputeIsrael has a reputation beyond reputeIsrael has a reputation beyond reputeIsrael has a reputation beyond reputeIsrael has a reputation beyond reputeIsrael has a reputation beyond repute

At least they're not mentally ill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hfTDuISM4U
Israel is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #70
country flag Coolio_Jack

Coolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond repute

He's right, he just gave a wrong example for Federer, he actually was acting in the best interest of lower ranked players, unlike Nadal who was supporting ridiculous idea of 2 years ranking system. But he's personality is fake, thats clear.

Although it doesn't really matter if its true or not, the guy was asked a question and he gave an honest answer.
Coolio_Jack is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #71
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Something is not right here. The article doesn't seem legitimate at all and no tennis player would 2 neurons would talk about his opponents like that.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #72
country flag Slamray

Slamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond repute

I feel a bit sorry for old man Federer. A lot of the things people say about him are a result of him speaking in a language that isn't his native tongue and coming across wrongly. I went through a phase where I totally hated him, but now I'm just indifferent. As for Djokovic, let the guy have some fun. This is kind of mirroring my response in the thread about Murray swearing... are these guys supposed to be like tennis robots that always act 'correct'? Compare them to people in other big sports and they aren't half as bad!

- British Tennis Legend, Andrew Murray
USO 2012 | WIMBLEDON 2013 | OLYMPIC GOLD 2012

Slamray is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #73
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamray View Post
I feel a bit sorry for old man Federer. A lot of the things people say about him are a result of him speaking in a language that isn't his native tongue and coming across wrongly. I went through a phase where I totally hated him, but now I'm just indifferent. As for Djokovic, let the guy have some fun. This is kind of mirroring my response in the thread about Murray swearing... are these guys supposed to be like tennis robots that always act 'correct'? Compare them to people in other big sports and they aren't half as bad!
You're joking. Federer speaks better English than many Americans, Brits, etc... The guy is probably the smartest guy on tour, he knows What he is saying.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #74
country flag Slamray

Slamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond reputeSlamray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
You're joking. Federer speaks better English than many Americans, Brits, etc... The guy is probably the smartest guy on tour, he knows What he is saying.
It's not about his skill at speaking the language, it's about understanding what is appropriate to say and what is not. Just because someone is technically skilled at something doesn't mean they know the best way to use it. That applies to everything including language and tennis.

- British Tennis Legend, Andrew Murray
USO 2012 | WIMBLEDON 2013 | OLYMPIC GOLD 2012

Slamray is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #75
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with him a little, Federer thinks he is above everyone else, the fact is that i don't think he really pushed the prize money increase, it was Hewitt who was endorsing it, Federer looks out for himself that is it, when he was asked about prize money he always refuses to comment. Well we all know Djokovic is all-over the place, he has the personality that always tries to please everyone, and likes the attention. However, so Nadal bumps to everyone and picks his butt in public,
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread