Do You Believe In A "God"? - Page 46 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Yes, I'm a Theist (Believe in holy revelation via a "Holy Book") 57 19.52%
Yes, I'm a Deist (Believe in God based upon the existence of the Universe and evolved life) 40 13.70%
Perhaps, I'm Agnostic (As there is conflicting, or a lack of, evidence you just don't know) 73 25.00%
No, I'm an Atheist (science will eventually understand the origins of the Big Bang/Universe) 122 41.78%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2013, 03:56 AM   #676
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Always found the agnostics much more tolerable and humble than most atheists. Many of the latter pride themselves on their abrasive and militant arrogance. Their gospel is about oblivion and despair, they indulge and wallow in their nihilism so much they are convinced they must move heaven and earth in order to convert you to their asylum. Nothing gives these types of atheists more pleasure than convincing an aged widow that she has nothing to look forward to, ridiculing those who disagree with them, insisting with certainty that this life is all there is. More militant than any Jihadist, they would scale the walls of any church or sanctuary to rob that place of faith. They take everything through their ridicule but offer exactly nothing in return. Intellectually, the most arrogant of all because they are certain they understand the vast universe, stripping it of all mystery, they're confident that they are not puny like the rest of us.

All in all though, they're pretty cool I guess! Why do I always attract these types like flies lol?
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #677
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Always found the agnostics much more tolerable and humble than most atheists. Many of the latter pride themselves on their abrasive and militant arrogance. Their gospel is about oblivion and despair, they indulge and wallow in their nihilism so much they are convinced they must move heaven and earth in order to convert you to their asylum. Nothing gives these types of atheists more pleasure than convincing an aged widow that she has nothing to look forward to, ridiculing those who disagree with them, insisting with certainty that this life is all there is. More militant than any Jihadist, they would scale the walls of any church or sanctuary to rob that place of faith. They take everything through their ridicule but offer exactly nothing in return. Intellectually, the most arrogant of all because they are certain they understand the vast universe, stripping it of all mystery, they're confident that they are not puny like the rest of us.
I've always considered atheism as another kind of religion, both have similar MO, just propagate different ideas
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #678
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
I've always considered atheism as another kind of religion, both have similar MO, just propagate different ideas
I've met a lot of supposedly educated people who throw their opinions around like a sledge-hammer, having little regard whether someone might hold something as sacred.

I suppose I'm unintentionally a hypocrite like the next guy but this deserves quoting again:

I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Where would we be without the insight of poets?

p.s: I was just dicking around with that "do you have a portrait of D.M on display prominently?" I spoke to Siniša and he confirmed that you are not the UN anti-Christ. We're not sure about Vucina though.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:04 AM   #679
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Very amusing post. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:07 AM   #680
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I believe in Novak Djokovic.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #681
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

yess

Federer will win another grand slam.
Cilic is not a one slam wonder.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:34 AM   #682
country flag Mr. Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Yes, I believe in Novak Djokovic.
I believe he is one of the lesser gods but not THE God! Lets not blaspheme now !
Old 02-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #683
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

What if god's a woman?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 02-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #684
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
p.s: I was just dicking around with that "do you have a portrait of D.M on display prominently?" I spoke to Siniša and he confirmed that you are not the UN anti-Christ. We're not sure about Vucina though.

Gee, I'm flattered
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #685
country flag Mr. Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleta View Post
What if god's a woman?

Old 02-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #686
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah that will be a disaster,we'll all go to hell without knowing why

Old 02-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #687
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Forgive me my blasphemy, but why does God need genitals in the first place?
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #688
country flag Noleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Forgive me my blasphemy, but why does God need genitals in the first place?
Maybe for ppl who worship them?

Old 02-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #689
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds plausible
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #690
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Fishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond repute

There's no god.
Fishnet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote