"Thanks for adding Reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive ..." - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
country flag Magick

Magick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Thanks for adding Reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive ..."

Full quote:

"Thanks for adding Reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn."

I've always found this message rather idiotic.

If somebody submits a post that I believe to be offensive, or in poor taste, or simply blatant spamming, and I choose to comment on this by adding to their Reputation, why should I want to receive the same Reputation back in turn? And what has luck got to do with any of this?

Please explain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxths View Post
sorry, cant be buddy with a retard
Magick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Thanks for adding Reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive ..

I agree
Old 01-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Thanks for adding Reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive ..

agree with the big guy

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #4
country flag Magick

Magick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond reputeMagick has a reputation beyond repute

no answers to this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxths View Post
sorry, cant be buddy with a retard
Magick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #5
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's been like this ever since I was a member. I would assume it's supposed to be whimsical and for when you send out good reps.

I don't have a better explanation because, to be honest, it's not worth spending more than 10 seconds thinking about
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

It is just obviously the way the Forum is set up to operate. What I dislike about the Rep system is you are limited in the Reps you can give in a time period and you can't Rep the same person as often as you like. But there again I'm sure that is just the way the Forum is set up to operate.
The only change I can remember to the Rep system is we used to be able to keep all the Reps we were given, but now that has been limited.

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
What I dislike about the Rep system is you are limited in the Reps you can give in a time period and you can't Rep the same person as often as you like. But there again I'm sure that is just the way the Forum is set up to operate.
That can go both ways. You could abuse the system and bad rep a certain person as many times as you like.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote