How many more slams will Federer win? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #61
country flag TennisPhan1
Banned!

TennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many more slams will Federer win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Pretty much. Djokovic will win one RG too. Nadal will win Wimbledon again. Murray and Delpo might grab a couple but mainly Djokovic will be wining slams this next few years.
u are funny. del po will win slams but federer wont. fed has 17 slams and 10 finals? u guys love to forget how good he is. can't wait for him to prove everybody wrong again and again and again. big smile on my face when he does.

all he needs to do is fix his 1st serve, play more agressive with the backhand like he used to and bitches is going down.
TennisPhan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #62
country flag TennisPhan1
Banned!

TennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisPhan1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
you are just a deluded Fedtard nothing else........Federer wont win 4 more Slams it just wont happen I give him 3 max at his best + luck.....his stamina is shit these days ........RG,AO are out...US Open is also hard for him
I'm the deluded fan? I've never seen u say anything positive about any other player. It's all about Novak!! At least I as a Fed fan can admit that Djokovic is the best right now (because Fed is too old to bully him around like he would back in 2006)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samo7266 View Post
I think Wimbledon is obviously his best shot but I would argue that he has a pretty decent shot at RG depending on the draw. I agree USO will be tough. And FWIW, I think his recovery after matches isn't nearly as good as it used to be but his stamina is pretty good. He can go 5 sets...just not in successive matches.
I disagree with u about UO. I think his chances at UO are very good. Djokovic 2.0 barely beat him twice. Who says Fed wont improve his game and take the next one, like the 3 before against Djoker? Though, he sucked horribly against Berdych last year. I'm not an idiot. I can see Fed is slower and making more errors. His serve is not as good anymore, but I believe he can still do it in the right circumstances. unlike berdshit, del po, tsonga. They need a miracle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
what is a good draw for Federer?Playing anyone but nadal,djokovic and murray?If so then he might win RG but I doubt it
Come on, you're not that dumb.. ok, maybe u are.. A good draw is, kinda like what Djokovic had at AO 2013 . If Fed can avoid players that give him the most trouble (Berdych, Murray, Nadal) until the SF / F then hes got a great shot to not be exhausted and win. Don't forget that your boy Djokovic (in his prime) barely beat him the last 2 times at UO. Plus he got bullied at RG 2011, WM 2012, yes BY OLDERER! That counts for shit? I can see it happening in the next 4 years

Quote:
I love federer but it seems like 3-4 more slams would be the absolute maximum, not the minimum at this point. Hopefully you are right, and I'm wrong but he isn't really a favorite anywhere except wimbledon and that will be tightly contested as well.
Most people here act like he is done. It's ridiculous. The way I see it, he is just inconsistent at playing his best lately, but to write him off already when hes still #1-3 favorite is insulting. His chances at all GS increase when he plays more and finds his A game.

Quote:
I would take Federer over Murray on Clay. Federer can beat Djokovic on clay as well (one of only a handful of players who can do it). Rafa is the real wild-card.

And a favorable draw for Fed would mean not drawing Nadal in his quarter. Not one of the top 4 seeds wants to see Rafa in their quarter.
Healthy Nadal still is the favorite for RG and for ANY GS vs Murray. Fed has Wimbeldon and Djokovic has the hard courts. Murray still has proving to do in my eyes. Hes a real contender now, but not a favorite above Fedalovic, because of 1-2 wins.
TennisPhan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #63
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
How can an older Federer beat Nadal/Murray at Wimbledon? Murray was close last year and his demolition of Fed on the same court a few weeks later will give him a tremendous amount of confidence. And Nadal? Well let's not even go there. Fed can never beat him in a slam again. The only person he has a chance against is Nole....but to get to him he'll have to square off against either Mighty Murray or Nadal. And if he is to win it it will have to be this year or never. It's impossible. He is too old for these battles.
Same old same old from the #1 Fedhater on the board And that's saying a lot.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
23 consecutive slam SF
3/4 slams on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #64
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan1 View Post
u are funny. del po will win slams but federer wont. fed has 17 slams and 10 finals? u guys love to forget how good he is. can't wait for him to prove everybody wrong again and again and again. big smile on my face when he does.

all he needs to do is fix his 1st serve, play more agressive with the backhand like he used to and bitches is going down.
stop watching youtube highlights from 2006 and focus on the present.........nobody said Federer wont win Slams it's just it will take a lot of breaks and luck plus great play that's all............he cant fix his 1st serve because at 32 he cant serve like he did before
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #65
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Lol. People acting like they know something about Federer. Too funny
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
23 consecutive slam SF
3/4 slams on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #66
country flag bari1991

bari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond repute

Difficult question.Federer is a big champion, but with Djokovic being consistent and Murray constantly improving himself it won't be an easy task for old maestro to win many more majors.He can surprise us all again and snatch few more, but signs are not good for him.
bari1991 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #67
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan1 View Post
u are funny. del po will win slams but federer wont. fed has 17 slams and 10 finals? u

Then we shouldn't think Djokovic will win slams. He only has 6 slams while Borg has 11, he should be a candidate. Nadal won't win slams either, Sampras has 14 slams, he will win more.

Times passes dude, you forgot.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #68
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Unless djoker breaks both femurs and is confined to wheelchair tennis, exactly a big fat ZERO !

DJOKOCOASTER
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #69
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Noserer is not winning any more slams in singles unless they make Rotterdam, Dubai or Basel a 5th slam. Failing that he might win a few slams in mixed doubles, assuming Hingis can stay sober for 2 weeks.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 AM   #70
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

1-2 more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:53 AM   #71
country flag bari1991

bari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond reputebari1991 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Unless djoker breaks both femurs and is confined to wheelchair tennis, exactly a big fat ZERO !
Well, remember what Njegos said?Let's be dignified.Federer is not to be underestimated.Last Wimbledon clearly showed that.The level he has shown versus Djokovic and Murray was scary.I know, it is grass, but still.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:55 AM   #72
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Zihuatanejo
Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 AM   #73
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Zihuatanejo
That's Andy Dufresne slam.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:03 AM   #74
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
That's Andy Dufresne slam.
That's my keyword, for when I need to find a way to search for this thread and bump it.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:21 AM   #75
country flag bari1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
That's my keyword, for when I need to find a way to search for this thread and bump it.
I thought it was Saskatchewan Indians dialect.