How many more slams will Federer win? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #46
country flag spaniel

spaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many more slams will Federer win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Novak is a different animal when he faces one of the top guys, Mugro could pull a Wawrinka and get to the finish line...if it does come to this, let's hope he can break for the match and doesn't have to serve it out.

As for Roger, we all saw what Novak did to him on clay last year.
I hope u dont mean RG. That was terrible match from both sides.
spaniel is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #47
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
He will fall. No more slams for Olderer. Book it.
Last time you said 'book it' I doubted you, and rightfully so. I don't fancy your chances this time either.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #48
country flag ApproachShot

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to write quite a detailed answer to this question but Lenders has pretty much said exactly what I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Original thread topic.

He's in the mix of course and will always be. The main effect of his age though is that his recovery powers have greatly diminished, grueling matches affect him far more in the next round than his younger rivals. To maximize his chances, he needs to get to the semis fresh; this means avoiding Tsonga/Berdych/Delpo in the quarters either by drawing Ferrer/Tipsy or by having them lose early (which is entirely possible). It's not that he can't beat those 3, but he'll almost surely have a battle on his hands and then come out flat in the next match like this year at AO (flat performance vs Murray after long match with Tsonga).

If he can get himself to the semis as fresh as possible, he's always got a chance. He'll still want to avoid Nadal (although we still don't know in what form Nadal will be in upon his return), but he can beat anyone else. The problem is AO and USO are played on super slow hardcourts and are extremely physical Slams, as is Roland Garros. Wimbledon (especially if the roof closes) seems like his best chance and it is if he gets to the semis, but it's also where he's more likely to get blown off the court before semis. I will never discount Federer, but it's going to be tough; this is the most physical era of tennis ever and Federer is way past his physical prime; he's still way superior to most of the field though, which he will need to rely on to get to the semis without as little as fuss as possible so he can stand a better fighting chance against the moving walls in the top 4 who will get everything back and really test him physically.

No outcome would surprise me here, it's just very unpredictable how Federer's career will unfold from now on. No more Slams, one more or a few more are all possibilities. Of course he needs to schedule his year smartly, but he always does that so it goes without saying.
As a fan of his, of course I would like to see him win more Slams but I have to be realistic. I thought he would get to 16 so I was delighted when he won AO 2010. Everything after that (including his 5th and 6th WTF wins, his 7th Wimbledon win and return to #1) have just been icing on the cake.

Take the most recent AO for example. Sure he lost in the semis, but the way he went down fighting made me proud to be a fan. We have to accept that he is no longer the favourite for Slams but as long as he plays like he is, he seems set to be in the group of likely contenders for a while to come.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #49
country flag rob_z

rob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond repute

I think 1 or 2 more. Probably at Wimbledon.
rob_z is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #50
country flag AntiTennis

AntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Roger is still playing some great tennis, so I think he has more slams in him, best chance in Wimbledon, but I'd love see him winning RG again. I'll go with 2 more slams.

Form is temporary, class is permanent

"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" RF.

"He is capable of hitting shots which others don't even think about trying" Lendl on RF.

08/07/12 Eternal and immortal RF made H1S7ORY!
AntiTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #51
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

If Federer retires during the next Olympic year and people are saying he won't win any more majors, who do you think will win the majors up to 2016. 4 more FOs for Rafa (for a total of 15) – which leaves 12 majors up for grabs. Murray might win 1 or two, which means the rest would go to Novak (for a total of about 16) barring injury?
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #52
country flag spaniel

spaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer in 2 View Post
Last time you said 'book it' I doubted you, and rightfully so. I don't fancy your chances this time either.
He will be right eventually. He just has to keep saying it
spaniel is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #53
country flag Brick Top

Brick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond repute

O.O . In words - zero!
Hewitt = Llegend
Iron STan = Saviour of tennis
Villains
Nadull - moonballer with zero talent
Ferrer - Talentless Vulture
Tomic - overrated mug who will never win anything big
Brick Top is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #54
country flag !VamosRafa!

!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute

People are stupid to write off Federer.

He will end his career with 20/21.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #55
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

i was thinking Novak is going to win again three GS last year but he did not.I did not expect
Fed would get to number one again but he did it. He is underdog everywhere since 2008 and Fed was at 27 back then, I know he is not going to dominate as he did at 26 but he still plays great tennis ,Djokovic is not far ahead and definitely does not play as Djokovic 2.0/2011/. Murray played his A++ game against Fed who was not at his best/ maybe B or C/ and match went to 5set. Federer knows very well he still has high level game,
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #56
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

0, 1 or 2.
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #57
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Monumental delusions going on here
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #58
country flag EddieNero

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute

one Wimbledon at best , what would be still a tremendous effort.
EddieNero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #59
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

How can an older Federer beat Nadal/Murray at Wimbledon? Murray was close last year and his demolition of Fed on the same court a few weeks later will give him a tremendous amount of confidence. And Nadal? Well let's not even go there. Fed can never beat him in a slam again. The only person he has a chance against is Nole....but to get to him he'll have to square off against either Mighty Murray or Nadal. And if he is to win it it will have to be this year or never. It's impossible. He is too old for these battles.
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #60
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewietennis View Post
If Federer retires during the next Olympic year and people are saying he won't win any more majors, who do you think will win the majors up to 2016. 4 more FOs for Rafa (for a total of 15) – which leaves 12 majors up for grabs. Murray might win 1 or two, which means the rest would go to Novak (for a total of about 16) barring injury?

Pretty much. Djokovic will win one RG too. Nadal will win Wimbledon again. Murray and Delpo might grab a couple but mainly Djokovic will be wining slams this next few years.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote