Murray's constant swearing on court - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #91
country flag Aloevera

Aloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray's constant swearing on court

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan1 View Post
- yelling-swearing at the crowd, his own fans
- when things go bad talking to himself making ugly mean faces
- cynical laughing

of all 4 i think nadal has the most annoying habits and expressions, murray is just funny with the swearing. federer is most in control, but his arrogance is annoying. novak is charismatic, so°

1. Murray
2. Novak
3. Federer
4. Nadal
LOL

When they're agitated:

1. Federer looks the most arrogant. Feels like he's telling you who's the center of universe.
2. Nadal too, but he looks like a whining kid to me
3. Djokovic is the most explosive, definitely. If only eyes can kill.
4. Murray is the grumpiest but he tends to implode. Smacking his forehead, his racquet, yelling to his hand, box etc.
Aloevera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #92
country flag Aloevera

Aloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcess81 View Post
That is one of the most annoying things about Andy Murray, he swears and gets frustrated when an opponent hits an ace or a winner that no man on earth can return/get to. Sometimes, champions have to nod their head and just say "too good."
This is why Murray will have a hard time getting to no.1 and winning multiple slams. He spends way too much emotional/mental energy on court over things he has no control over (like opponent hitting an ace or a great winner).

Federer usually just remains silent. Rafa will sometimes nod in approval. Nole applauds great shots. Murray has a lot to learn from those 3 players if he ever wants to be like them.
Yeah, the right thing to do is accept it, move on and just focus on the next point.

That BH flick winner is so unexpected tho. Mentally weak players would be stunned and unable to forget it immediately on the next point.
Aloevera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #93
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
This pretty much sums up everything that is irritating about Murray's on court demeanour. It's hard to look past his constant injury feigning and faux grimaces.
murray does this so often that it's a part of his tennis persona. for the same reason, i seriously doubt any of his opponents truly takes that as if he were really injured.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #94
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps true, but still mega annoying.
tektonac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #95
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

I think it adds a nice variety to the tour don't want everyone having same on-court behavior, that is boring..
Old 02-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #96
country flag Xenosys

Xenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't really concern me for the most part. Nothing wrong with letting off a little steam, if he's the expressive type on court, which he happen's to be. Rather that, than him spontaneously combusting on-court because he's been keeping his frustrations pent up inside.

What does bother me is that is gives his opponent at the other side of the net encouragement because he can gauge how frustrated Murray is at any given moment, helping him win the psychological battle. For most players, his talent alone would be enough to see him over the finishing line, but against the top 10, little things like that can make a big difference.
Xenosys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #97
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivelina_P View Post
No,he DOES swear more than everyone else and it's stupid not to admit it.It entertains me too,but I'm sure many people are offended and he should work on this issue.
Watch Ferrer's match against Almagro. He said Puta Madre every other time he had an error. Do I need to translate that for you? None of the other top 10 ish players even have English as a native language, and if you guys don't even know spanish swear words I guess you wouldn't know Czech or French ones.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #98
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

Murray and Verdasco have the nastiest potty mouths on tour. They are the two most unpleasant players to watch.
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #99
country flag Wolfy

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Hes only going to do it on court, I think Andy is too much of a goodboy off court, its good if he can get it off hes chest.
I still remember what he whispered in Laura Robsons ears this summer ' Aim for his f***king**

Laura Robson Rank top 30
Rafa Hardcourt&Clay Goat
Wolfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #100
country flag xargon

xargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad novak stopped most emotional outbursts on court during play. I used to hate it.

Murry def. swears more than any other player. He claims he is trying to stop it.

Last edited by xargon : 02-04-2013 at 02:28 AM. Reason: .
xargon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #101
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

the swearing is pretty bad, obviously everyone swears now and then, but Murray is crazy about it. have never seen anyone swear so much from match to match, I mean rarely does a match go by where he does swear spasm.
maybe Safin did a lot before? Murray is pretty bad. if he was just angry it'd be one thing but the on/off whine/swear it's just ughhhhhh

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #102
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
the swearing is pretty bad, obviously everyone swears now and then, but Murray is crazy about it. have never seen anyone swear so much from match to match, I mean rarely does a match go by where he does swear spasm.
maybe Safin did a lot before? Murray is pretty bad. if he was just angry it'd be one thing but the on/off whine/swear it's just ughhhhhh
When he gets the urge to cuss, he should put his hand over his mouth similar to when doubles partners are talking strategy. Problem solved.
is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:08 AM   #103
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
When he gets the urge to cuss, he should put his hand over his mouth similar to when doubles partners are talking strategy. Problem solved.
he could do it if swearing actually were a problem.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #104
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcess81 View Post
That is one of the most annoying things about Andy Murray, he swears and gets frustrated when an opponent hits an ace or a winner that no man on earth can return/get to. Sometimes, champions have to nod their head and just say "too good."
This is why Murray will have a hard time getting to no.1 and winning multiple slams. He spends way too much emotional/mental energy on court over things he has no control over (like opponent hitting an ace or a great winner).

Federer usually just remains silent. Rafa will sometimes nod in approval. Nole applauds great shots. Murray has a lot to learn from those 3 players if he ever wants to be like them.
The mark of a true pusher/defensive player: "I SHOULD have returned that unreturnable shot. Whether it be an ace at 413 MPH or a winner that was hit while I was still in the locker room. I SHOULD have got to it."

Can't stand him
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:48 AM   #105
country flag SliceAce

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute

Swearing is against the rules btw. That it's not enforced for Mugray is just more top player bias.

Anyway, it's a disgrace. As already mentioned, he does it when the opponent is the better player. Often against Federer you see Fed pull off a great shot and the whole stadium is cheering except for Mugray who is making a face and cursing. He has no respect for his opponents or the game, and as Andy Roddick would say he's not good enough to be that arrogant. In a just world, the rules would be enforced and he would lose every match in 2 games max after a warning (code violation), point penalty (verbal abuse after the warning), game penalty (gamesmanship), match penalty (all of the above), fine and ban from ATP (lack of effort).
SliceAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote