Q&A With Mark Lenders. - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 02-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #466
country flag nazzac
Registered User
 
nazzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Brandwagon
Age: 18
Posts: 918
nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Did u watch Leverkusen vs Dortmund earlier? Was a great match
__________________
Jo Wilfried Tsonga


Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #467
country flag Mark Lenders
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 13,646
Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Did u watch Leverkusen vs Dortmund earlier? Was a great match
Yeah, I did. I had planned to watch the match while I read my Property Law book for my last exam on Wednesday, but the plan backfired as I quickly put the book aside

Spectacular match, vintage Bundesliga. Shame Dortmund aren't in a better position to put some pressure on Bayern, but I think they'll be second at least - if they'd lost this match, it could have become really difficult to come second.
__________________
MTF games Grand Slam titles:

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #468
country flag nazzac
Registered User
 
nazzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Brandwagon
Age: 18
Posts: 918
nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

When BVB went 2-0 up i thought they'd cruise from then on. My man, Marco Reus scored a lovely Messi-esque goal, and the Kuba tucking away the penalty. But Leverkusen ahd other ideas and started the 2nd half on fire, and deservidly brought it back to 2-2, then BVB went down the other end and scored . I was nervous after that, espcially when Hummels cleared that shot off the line. He had a great game.

I don't see anyone touchig Bayern, but i expect BVB to finish 2nd now. Main focus should be the Champions League, and the German cup.
__________________
Jo Wilfried Tsonga


Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #469
country flag Mark Lenders
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 13,646
Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
When BVB went 2-0 up i thought they'd cruise from then on. My man, Marco Reus scored a lovely Messi-esque goal, and the Kuba tucking away the penalty. But Leverkusen ahd other ideas and started the 2nd half on fire, and deservidly brought it back to 2-2, then BVB went down the other end and scored . I was nervous after that, espcially when Hummels cleared that shot off the line. He had a great game.

I don't see anyone touchig Bayern, but i expect BVB to finish 2nd now. Main focus should be the Champions League, and the German cup.
My analysis exactly. Hummels really got you off the hook there. It was a great match, but Leverkusen of long made a habit of losing close matches and championships - they're not called Neverkusen for nothing

And yes, they should focus on CL - tie with Shakhtar is looming. I believe they'll have Subotic back for that tie, that will be an important boost.
__________________
MTF games Grand Slam titles:

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #470
country flag nazzac
Registered User
 
nazzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Brandwagon
Age: 18
Posts: 918
nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

TBH, BVB did well to win that match. They were quite clearly not at their best today, and if it wasn't for Hummels, and Langerak, Leverkusen probs would have won.

Gotze underperformed today. I was disapointed in him. Santana wasn't great, but the rest were okay. Hummels was our best player, then Langerak, then everyone else.

I think we'll have too much for Shakhtar, but it will be a fun tie. Subotic will be a huge boost, and hopefully we'll have a fully fit squad for that match.

Whilst we are on the topic of BVB vs Leverkusen. What do you think of Schurrle? He gets a bit of hype over here, and has been linked with Chelsea a lot. Personally i don't think he's anything special. Over-rated imo.
__________________
Jo Wilfried Tsonga


Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #471
country flag Mark Lenders
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 13,646
Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
TBH, BVB did well to win that match. They were quite clearly not at their best today, and if it wasn't for Hummels, and Langerak, Leverkusen probs would have won.

Gotze underperformed today. I was disapointed in him. Santana wasn't great, but the rest were okay. Hummels was our best player, then Langerak, then everyone else.

I think we'll have too much for Shakhtar, but it will be a fun tie. Subotic will be a huge boost, and hopefully we'll have a fully fit squad for that match.

Whilst we are on the topic of BVB vs Leverkusen. What do you think of Schurrle? He gets a bit of hype over here, and has been linked with Chelsea a lot. Personally i don't think he's anything special. Over-rated imo.
Agree. If I'm not mistaken, it was Hummels's first match as captain, and a quite good one at that

As for Schurrle, he's a very good player but definitely overrated. He's behind pretty much most of his peers of this German generation and hasn't shown much progress in recent years. He's a good player, but as you said nothing special, definitely not world class.
__________________
MTF games Grand Slam titles:

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #472
country flag nazzac
Registered User
 
nazzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Brandwagon
Age: 18
Posts: 918
nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Hummels is like a brick wall, nothing gets past him. His 1 on 1 play is brilliant, and he's good on the ball too.

I agree with your point about Schurrle. Very good player, but nothing special. He disappeared for long periods during todays game, when his team was on top. Like you said, he's behind most players in the current generation of Germans. Reus, Ozil, Muller, Gotze are all better players in that generation who play in a simular position.

Anyway,Whats your opinion on Gotze?
__________________
Jo Wilfried Tsonga


Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #473
country flag Mark Lenders
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 13,646
Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Hummels is like a brick wall, nothing gets past him. His 1 on 1 play is brilliant, and he's good on the ball too.

I agree with your point about Schurrle. Very good player, but nothing special. He disappeared for long periods during todays game, when his team was on top. Like you said, he's behind most players in the current generation of Germans. Reus, Ozil, Muller, Gotze are all better players in that generation who play in a simular position.

Anyway,Whats your opinion on Gotze?
Yup, Hummels is possibly the best center back at the moment.

Agree about Schurrle, good but gets easily overshadowed in this generation of German footballers.

I believe Goetze is a great talent and will be a world class player for many years to come, he's still young and improving after all. I prefer Reus though, some of the things he does are almost Messi-like
__________________
MTF games Grand Slam titles:

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #474
country flag nazzac
Registered User
 
nazzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Brandwagon
Age: 18
Posts: 918
nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

I like Mario, but like you i prefer Reus atm. Gotze is a great talent, but at times he seems to make the wrong decisions which is kinda frustrating. Normally his decision making is good, but sometimes he'd do the wrong thing. But in a few years, he'll be amongst the best in the world, no doubt.

I love Marco. My BVB shirt has his name printed on the back. He's just awesome to watch, and i always feel that something may happen when he picks up the ball. Like when he was through on goal today, i knew he would score. Like you said, he's almost Messi-like in some of the things he does. It's always good to see players you've rated for so long, but others haven't heard of proving you right by doing so well.

Same with Hummels. I told everyone before Euro 2012 that he's one of the best centre backs in the world, and i got laughed at. Needless to say, he played great in the Euro's, and now everyone rates him as a world class centre back. It's hard to think of one better than him atm. Hopefully other clubs don't steal him off us.

On to another question (another football related one )

How would you rank the top 3 leagues (la Liga, Bundesliga, EPL) in these categories?

Technical Quality

Better teams overall

Excitement
__________________
Jo Wilfried Tsonga


Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #475
country flag Mark Lenders
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 13,646
Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
I like Mario, but like you i prefer Reus atm. Gotze is a great talent, but at times he seems to make the wrong decisions which is kinda frustrating. Normally his decision making is good, but sometimes he'd do the wrong thing. But in a few years, he'll be amongst the best in the world, no doubt.

I love Marco. My BVB shirt has his name printed on the back. He's just awesome to watch, and i always feel that something may happen when he picks up the ball. Like when he was through on goal today, i knew he would score. Like you said, he's almost Messi-like in some of the things he does. It's always good to see players you've rated for so long, but others haven't heard of proving you right by doing so well.

Same with Hummels. I told everyone before Euro 2012 that he's one of the best centre backs in the world, and i got laughed at. Needless to say, he played great in the Euro's, and now everyone rates him as a world class centre back. It's hard to think of one better than him atm. Hopefully other clubs don't steal him off us.

On to another question (another football related one )

How would you rank the top 3 leagues (la Liga, Bundesliga, EPL) in these categories?

Technical Quality

Better teams overall

Excitement
Yeah, Goetze is still not the finished product, I'm sure he will keep improving. Reus is awesome, I also got laughed at when I put him in my team of the year for 2011 (the year he tore it up at Gladbach and saved them from relegation) but I'm glad he's proving me right. You guys will definitely have a battle in your hands holding on to your best talents (and even Klopp) but I hope you manage; there could be a Champions League title for you within the next five years if you keep building on the existing base.

Technical quality - La Liga > Bundesliga > Premier League

Better teams overall - Bundesliga > La Liga > Premier League

Excitement - Bundesliga > Premier League > La Liga
__________________
MTF games Grand Slam titles:

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #476
country flag ProdigyEng
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 22
Posts: 29,078
ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Yeah, Goetze is still not the finished product, I'm sure he will keep improving. Reus is awesome, I also got laughed at when I put him in my team of the year for 2011 (the year he tore it up at Gladbach and saved them from relegation) but I'm glad he's proving me right. You guys will definitely have a battle in your hands holding on to your best talents (and even Klopp) but I hope you manage; there could be a Champions League title for you within the next five years if you keep building on the existing base.

Technical quality - La Liga > Bundesliga > Premier League

Better teams overall - Bundesliga > La Liga > Premier League

Excitement - Bundesliga > Premier League > La Liga
Really Lenders, really?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #477
country flag nazzac
Registered User
 
nazzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Brandwagon
Age: 18
Posts: 918
nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Yeah, Goetze is still not the finished product, I'm sure he will keep improving. Reus is awesome, I also got laughed at when I put him in my team of the year for 2011 (the year he tore it up at Gladbach and saved them from relegation) but I'm glad he's proving me right. You guys will definitely have a battle in your hands holding on to your best talents (and even Klopp) but I hope you manage; there could be a Champions League title for you within the next five years if you keep building on the existing base.

Technical quality - La Liga > Bundesliga > Premier League

Better teams overall - Bundesliga > La Liga > Premier League

Excitement - Bundesliga > Premier League > La Liga
I think that our talent should stay. The EPL offers a lot of money, yes, but that may go out of the window once FFP comes in. The Bundesliga is the league to be in, and hopefully the players will recognise that. Plus, Dortmund have got something great going on now, and could be Champions League winners, like you said. I may be bias, but they should stay imo.

I pretty much agree with your league rankings. Might have La Liga ahead in Better teams, but it's close now.

The EPL's excitement is over-rated. The title race is almost done, there is no race for 2nd, the race for fourth is no better than any other top league. Then they talk about the matches being back and fourth, and more exciting but the Bundesliga is even more back and forth (with better quality), and averages more goals a game. But then again, these people who claim that the EPL is by far the best league in the world, probs haven't watch any other league. I don't even watch the EPL anymore. Haven't watched a match in full since October, I've just been watching highlights. If the EPL was exciting as many claim, then i wouldn't be doing that

Anyway, back to tennis. What would be the result between Del Potro & Tsonga at...

Australian Open
Roland Garros
Wimbledon
US Open
__________________
Jo Wilfried Tsonga


Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #478
country flag nazzac
Registered User
 
nazzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Brandwagon
Age: 18
Posts: 918
nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Really Lenders, really?
I think he's got it pretty muich spot on. I'd only swap la Liga & Bundesliga in terms of the best teams.

La Liga is most certianly the best for techinical quality.
__________________
Jo Wilfried Tsonga


Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #479
country flag Mark Lenders
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 13,646
Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Really Lenders, really?
Yup, really. In terms of technical quality, I don't think there's much to debate, Spain and Germany are miles ahead of the rest of Europe in this department. In terms of overall quality of the teams, the Bundesliga is clearly ahead too, even their relegation fodder is actually quite competitive. I guess you could make a case for the teams being better overall in the PL over La Liga, but I do believe La Liga's are better - they fare worse against the very top sides because they're not wired to park the bus.
__________________
MTF games Grand Slam titles:

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #480
country flag nazzac
Registered User
 
nazzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Brandwagon
Age: 18
Posts: 918
nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

TBH, the big gap between the top and the rest in La Liga is that big because Barcelona (this seaosn anyway) are that good.
__________________
Jo Wilfried Tsonga


Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios