Goodbye Big John - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #46
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye Big John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
It was coming, yes, but it's the truth. Good riddance to a poster who turned from quite a good one into what he hated. I feel sorry for him in a way, he really changed drastically when Clay Death was banned.

Actually I agreed with him on a lot of things but he turned into a Clay Death clone in a way, so goodbye.
You are right, I fear the battle fried his brain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #47
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Said a very respected member of the forum
Me respected?? I know your post is sarcasm but I just have to laugh at that anyway

I take back the "idiotic" part of my statement. Poor BigJohn was just a victim of change. A really bad change. Still a pretty bad poster though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
You are right, I fear the battle fried his brain.
I believe it did. But let's remember him in a good light slighty as he did get rid of Clay Death and their battles were both legendary and entertaining to watch.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 15 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,530,210 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 453-141...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #48
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

The weirdest thing is I don't remember he ever discussed tennis or matches in question, his "criticism" was always 100% ad hominem, directed either to the player, fanbase or usually to both. Good riddance
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #49
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can't answer for John, but I can understand where he was coming from, and I am guessing that Castletardism meant the same to him as it does to me.
I see it as elitism, an inner circle within MTF. Yes, anyone can join, but only if they agree with the leadership. I am not referring to the Castle's stated principles, which are admirable, but the way CD treated the Castle as his private fiefdom. Like Animal Farm, all posters are created equal, but some are more equal than others.
I agree with Mae's response to this. I know BJ didn't like the "Castle lingo" and people calling each other "general" (though it's pretty much harmless nonsense) but I really think the Castle became just another chat thread after CD was banned. So I was also confused by him leaving that in his signature.

Many of the other chat threads have their cliquish tendencies too, even if they are not explicitly stated.

Quote:
Lest this post be regarded as sour grapes because I was not invited to the castle, I was on at least two occasions. My response was that if CD cared to demonstrate his undoubted tennis knowledge in Tennis Tipping or one of the other games, I would join the Castle. This did not happen.
wait, so you demand people play TT but you're calling others "elitist"?
What the hell? I've been here for years and I still don't even know what TT is! Not everyone has time for all these games, you know.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #50
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post

wait, so you demand people play TT but you're calling others "elitist"?
What the hell? I've been here for years and I still don't even know what TT is! Not everyone has time for all these games, you know.
No hang on, I didn't demand anything. I suggested he would be good at it because of his tennis knowledge, and promised as a quid pro quo if he gave it a try I would visit the Castle.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #51
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

mods just throwing the garbage out. great job
tektonac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #52
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
The weirdest thing is I don't remember he ever discussed tennis or matches in question, his "criticism" was always 100% ad hominem, directed either to the player, fanbase or usually to both. Good riddance
nothing weird about your inability to recollect anything more. you pretty much summed up his entire 'carrer' on mtf.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #53
country flag Brick Top

Brick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond repute

Good job modies. Proud of ya
Hewitt = Llegend
Berdych - Hand of Justice
Iron STan = Saviour of tennis
Villains
Nadull - moonballer with zero talent
Olderer - semiretired ballerina
Tomic - overrated mug who will never win anything big
Brick Top is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #54
country flag octatennis

octatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
don't forget Jimbo aka it's like that
And Startdagame, Orgasmatron, Primadonna, Jaap and so on...
octatennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #55
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Best thing happened to MTF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #56
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutinos harcos View Post
Annoying,rude,Djoko King hater,one of the worst MTF members ever.
pot...kettle...

seriously, take a look at your signature and then at the mirror

"a place for vultures and mugs to express their opinions about other vultures and mugs"
Jverweij is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote