Davis Cup - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Davis Cup

Richard's Davis Cup matches!

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 01-22-2013 at 05:57 PM.
ImmzB is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup

Richard, Tsonga, Benneteau & Llodra have been selected for the 1st round tie against Israel which starts next week.

Tsonga and Gasquet for the singles........ Benneteau and Llodra for the doubles.

Allez Richard and France!!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
country flag Nena

Nena has a reputation beyond reputeNena has a reputation beyond reputeNena has a reputation beyond reputeNena has a reputation beyond reputeNena has a reputation beyond reputeNena has a reputation beyond reputeNena has a reputation beyond reputeNena has a reputation beyond reputeNena has a reputation beyond reputeNena has a reputation beyond reputeNena has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Richard!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
country flag ImmzB

Richard beat Sela 6/3 6/2 6/2 to put France 2-0 up against Israel. This was before Tsonga won the 1st rubber. Allez!!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Look at this, Guy Forget!
Richard can well play in DC with the right guy on the bench.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
country flag afterglows

afterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win!

When he wins for his country it really seems to lead to a good boost for his confidence.

afterglows is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
country flag ImmzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Look at this, Guy Forget!
Richard can well play in DC with the right guy on the bench.
Yeah, Richard looked really happy after the win and then congratulating with Clement!! Allez!!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

I did not see much of the dead rubber, my stream collasped too often to get an idea about the match, but always nice to win. Good weekend for Richard.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 02-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
country flag ImmzB

Why can't Richard play like this on the ATP circuit more often!! Letting loose on both BH and FH. You could tell he had no pressure on him, just playing his game!! Great 3 day for Richard and France!! Allez!!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
country flag afterglows

afterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmzB View Post
You could tell he had no pressure on him
He still lost his service game in the beginning of the match vs Weintraub, like he lost his first service game against Sela.

Am I into a false impression due to the fact that Richard is my favorite player and that I follow his result more than the other players results, but I feel that Richard is always tight in the beginning of a match and that it's kind of unusual to regulary lose his serve early in the matches or in the sets like that.

It's ok against players like Weintraub or Sela, it's even ok against an 31 years old and tired Davydenko, but vs the top 10, if he doesn't learn to be clutch from the first point, he will just give himself an unnecessary handicap.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
country flag ImmzB

Richard has arrived in Buenos Aires!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4902084&type=1

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
country flag ImmzB

Richard withdraws.

It's a good decision for the long run that Gasquet isn't playing. He needs to rest the ankle and the season is only 1/3 completed. Also changing surface to the Clay may have been too much for the ankle at this short time. I remember in 2011 when he played the dead rubber against Verdasco and did more damage to his injury. Allez France!!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #13
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmzB View Post
Richard withdraws.

It's a good decision for the long run that Gasquet isn't playing. He needs to rest the ankle and the season is only 1/3 completed. Also changing surface to the Clay may have been too much for the ankle at this short time. I remember in 2011 when he played the dead rubber against Verdasco and did more damage to his injury.
Exactly, I still can't forgive Forget for this, it cost him the rest of the season. There is no need to aggravate things. I have predicted it this morning on the Simon-thread already, it was suspicious that Richard hardly practised in Buenos Aires, even if all practises were impeded by the rain, he was on court much less than the other guys. Get well, Richard for Monte Carlo, I am looking forward to meeting you there.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 04-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #14
country flag afterglows

Yes, it is the right decision.

It's too bad because playing and winning for his country somehow seems to give Richard extra confidence. See how it was good for him to win the bronze in London.
But anyway, it's really important to not make the injury worst. Plus Richie has already played 26 match this year, so it's definitely better to rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Get well, Richard for Monte Carlo, I am looking forward to meeting you there.
I'm gonna attend to the MC tournement for the first time this year. Can't wait.
I'm praying that Richie will reach R16 there. About that, is Del Potro's WC gonna cost Richard the 8th seed since he is number 8 on the entry list ? Or does the current ranking will determine the seeds, therefore Richard will be above Janko ?

Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #15
country flag T.C

T.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond repute

I believe Monte Carlo is using current ranking for seeding so if Federer is the only top 10 missing, then Richard, being #9, will be seeded 8.

I think Forget really f'ed up Richard (and Gilles) with his Davis Cup decisions. He struck me as a bully.

T.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote