Has Djokovic surpassed Stefan Edberg and/or Boris Becker? - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Has Djokovic surpassed Edberg and Becker?

He has surpassed both 84 56.76%
He has surpassed neither 47 31.76%
He has surpassed Becker but not Edberg 13 8.78%
He has surpassed Edberg but not Becker 4 2.70%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #196
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has Djokovic surpassed Stefan Edberg and/or Boris Becker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
I like Djokovic. I just think his Slam count vastly overrates him.

It's nothing against Djokovic in particular, it's just a result of the change in conditions. Over the next couple of decades I believe we will see more players accumulate more slams, and I think it will come to be an accepted fact that Slam counts don't mean what they used to. Homogenised/non-homogenised surface slam counts will be just as much apples and oranges as Open/Amateur era slam counts are regarded currently.
What does this even mean? Do you mean a larger variety of people winning slams?

Like Petr Korda at the Australian Open? Or Michael Chang at the French? Or Manuel Orantes at the U.S. open? Or Richard Krajicek at Wimbledon? Or Adriano Pannata at the French? or Yannick Noah at the French? Or Thomas Johansson at the Australian Open? Or Brian Teacher at the Australian Open? Or Andres Gomez at the French? Or Vitas Gerulaitis at the Australian Open? Or Roscoe Tanner at the Australian Open? Or Carlos Moya at the French?

Yes...tennis might be approaching uncharted territory

Last edited by MIMIC : 02-03-2013 at 10:41 AM.
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #197
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
What does this even mean?
Greater number of players achieving higher slam counts than in the past.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #198
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
I like Djokovic. I just think his Slam count vastly overrates him.

It's nothing against Djokovic in particular, it's just a result of the change in conditions. Over the next couple of decades I believe we will see more players accumulate more slams, and I think it will come to be an accepted fact that Slam counts don't mean what they used to. Homogenised/non-homogenised surface slam counts will be just as much apples and oranges as Open/Amateur era slam counts are regarded currently.

It's hilarious how everyone jumps on me and calls me a Federer fan just for saying that. God knows why. I am sure Federer's Slam count will be seen in a different light for the same reasons.
Yeah, you've been babbling the same bullshit for some time now, no need to repeat yourself to make a point. It's still bullshit.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #199
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Yeah, you've been babbling the same bullshit for some time now, no need to repeat yourself to make a point. It's still bullshit.
I'll take your wonderfully impartial opinion with the degree of respect it merits.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #200
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Fishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guga2120 View Post
Numbers aside he has passed both of them and his game is more complete. Novak will end up with a Roland Garros title, and would have a few other than his playing Rafa there 4 times. They are both better than him on grass, obviously. Hardcourts all of them were great, but Novak is the best of the 3 on a outdoor hardcourt.

Edberg had 72 weeks at #1, thats impressive.
No he hasn't and his game isn't more complete. He can't volley his movement towards the net is just pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
His game is more complete, how? If he cant serve and volley or volley to win a serious doubles match?
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guga2120 View Post
He is much better on clay than either, ever were. You ever watch Becker move around on a clay court? He is close to them on grass, but not as good. Is the better hardcourt player.
He's not a better hardcourt player than them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Serbia has more legends in their sports than Sweden and Germany put together but I have no doubts that in Germany or Sweden their players are more popular........

and who's double account are you troll?I mean you started posting again 3 days ago so tell me about this Djokovic hate mission you're on?
I didn't even know Serbia had any sportsmen. The famous who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
You can twist it however you like, but beating two-time W Champ Nadal in a W final is definitely a great achievement.
No it's not. Nadal's real standing on grass is losing in the first round to nobodies like Rosol and Waske.
Fishnet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #201
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Fishnet dude that's because you probably cant find Serbia on the map that's why
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #202
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Fishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly. Too insignificant.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #203
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly. A completely ignorant. He knows as much about geography than he does about tennis. A big fat zero.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #204
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

No.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #205
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
Exactly. Too insignificant.
yeah and Brazil is significant you dont even have your own language ......................

really Big John troll more
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #206
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Nole fan showing once again how pathetic and mindless she is,bad repping me for my post with "Shut up croat"
You are misery.Djokovic had some antics at the time,but he's an ok guy,too bad so many of his fans are dirtbags.

Last edited by Blue Heart24 : 02-03-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #207
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Exactly. A completely ignorant. He knows as much about geography than he does about tennis. A big fat zero.
Have you ever held a racket?

Quote:
yeah and Brazil is significant you dont even have your own language ......................

really Big John troll more
One of the 10 most powerful countries in the world with less than 200 years of history. Meanwhile, Serbia has what? More than a thousand years of history and no relevance in the world whatsoever. You should study more, it would do you some good and you would avoid making a fool of yourself.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #208
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
Have you ever held a racket?

One of the 10 most powerful countries in the world with less than 200 years of history. Meanwhile, Serbia has what? More than a thousand years of history and no relevance in the world whatsoever. You should study more, it would do you some good and you would avoid making a fool of yourself.
He is not serbian.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #209
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
He is not serbian.
Couldn't care less.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #210
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

NoleFan showing her utter lack of class:

Pathetic rep.jpg