American players to look out for? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #31
country flag bouncer7

bouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American players to look out for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post

America only has a certain pool of genetic freaks with the type of athletic skills required to reach the pinnacle of any sport. Being that America is the greatest sporting nation in the world there are only so many of these freaks to go around. Sports like American Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, etc. can take many of the athletes that would be top American tennis players.

bouncer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #32
country flag Moonball Pusher

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute

American athletes are clearly superior. Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson and Lebron James playing soccer? Oh my
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #33
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
North America and Canada? So you don't think of Canada as a part of North America?

And btw, if we include all of Europe they beat all of America handily, even with less population. The "old" EU of 15 nations I compared with is not the whole story, you know. The US is best nation only because their 50 states have teamed up, in comparison to the 50 nations of Europe, which hasn't.
GOOD, I don't care about your imaginary power ranger country team up against America. I'm glad you acknowledge America as the greatest sporting nation in the world. Your arguement is so stupid though look at the population of countries in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_population

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Only in sports the rest of the world doesn't care about like baseball and American football.

I don't really see any American youngsters with GS winning potential. Some of them will no doubt break the top 20 tough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncer7 View Post

Get a clue.

http://www.london2012.com/medals/medal-count/
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #34
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Look out for Ryan Harrison, he's a huge mug

Failures of Nadull
  • Most weeks at #2
  • Lopsided slam count. 9/14 won in one of four GS
  • Losing to three players ranked over 100 in 3 consecutive peak years... IN SLAMS
  • Dull has never dominated a surface other than clay, with no indoor resume to speak of. 0 WTF
  • Extensive history of gamesmanship
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #35
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post
GOOD, I don't care about your imaginary power ranger country team up against America. I'm glad you acknowledge America as the greatest sporting nation in the world. Your arguement is so stupid though look at the population of countries in the world.
My argument is not stupid at all. I'm making the perfectly reasonable observation that Europe has more great athletes per capita than the US has. So your original argument that the US has "spent" their athletes at other sports cannot be a major part of the explanation for the current US drought in tennis, as Europe has even more athletes than the US in other sports and still have room for several great tennis players.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #36
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Have we officially given up on Jan Silva then?

(no, I couldn't keep a straight face while I typed that)

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #37
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Americans
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #38
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

denis kudla and chris harrison for the future are my faves into american team. lets see what happens with them!

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #39
country flag peRfect-Tennis

peRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond reputepeRfect-Tennis has a reputation beyond repute

All College clowns with no talent coming through right now. American tennis has gone the way of American heavyweight boxing. Nobody at the top level.

Follow me on Twitter: @peRFectTennisUK
peRfect-Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #40
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice Winner View Post
If Ryan Harrison has a problem, it's not that he's too slow.
Wait, the guy looks like he's riding a turtle backwards up an incline.
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote