Goodbye Big John - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2013, 02:20 AM   #31
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye Big John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
For those saying Hian was banned because he is gay, I think you should visit the banned users thread. Hian asked to be permanently banned. It was a ban at the users request.
That's not the point. He asked to be be banned because he's gay and wanted to express solidarity to FiloV and other perma-banned users.
So the fact that he's gay is 100% verified.
(I want to stress the fact that I'm specifying this just for the sake of it)

As for John he was a great poster.
We need variety and different opinions, guys like him should be rewarded not banned.
Will certainly be missed.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #32
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

A good idea would be to have once in a year a sort of amnesty with a poll. The two most voted guys from the perma-banned list gets in again and we give out two in exchange. So let's say Filo reaches the 1st place in the poll we can have him back and we permaban a user we consider useless (i.e. Sapeod).
Old 02-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #33
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

as for all the discrimination talk, i can't say i'm surprised. everyone knows MTF is turning into the place for the 20-30 year old privileged white straight male.

not a shining light of diversity. that much is for sure.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #34
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

And now I will never get the answer to the question I wanted from BigJohn. He said he was against Castletardism, but not the Castlers! I asked what Castletardism meant to him, but he never told me and now I'll never know!

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #35
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Big John he was great to perv with over players

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #36
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
And now I will never get the answer to the question I wanted from BigJohn. He said he was against Castletardism, but not the Castlers! I asked what Castletardism meant to him, but he never told me and now I'll never know!
I can't answer for John, but I can understand where he was coming from, and I am guessing that Castletardism meant the same to him as it does to me.
I see it as elitism, an inner circle within MTF. Yes, anyone can join, but only if they agree with the leadership. I am not referring to the Castle's stated principles, which are admirable, but the way CD treated the Castle as his private fiefdom. Like Animal Farm, all posters are created equal, but some are more equal than others.
This is not an attack on CD or his followers. Sometimes he was sinned against, but often he was sinning, as in his use of derogatory nicknames for those like Big John with whom he disagreed.
Somewhere there is (or was) a thread titled "300 best posters of all time". Voted on like the popcon? No, decided by CD, sometimes at the behest of one of the Castlers, but often solely on his initiative.
Lest this post be regarded as sour grapes because I was not invited to the castle, I was on at least two occasions. My response was that if CD cared to demonstrate his undoubted tennis knowledge in Tennis Tipping or one of the other games, I would join the Castle. This did not happen.
Maybe since the banning of SDG and CD Castletardism no longer exists, but I hope this helps answer your question, Mae.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #37
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
I can't answer for John, but I can understand where he was coming from, and I am guessing that Castletardism meant the same to him as it does to me.
I see it as elitism, an inner circle within MTF. Yes, anyone can join, but only if they agree with the leadership. I am not referring to the Castle's stated principles, which are admirable, but the way CD treated the Castle as his private fiefdom. Like Animal Farm, all posters are created equal, but some are more equal than others.
This is not an attack on CD or his followers. Sometimes he was sinned against, but often he was sinning, as in his use of derogatory nicknames for those like Big John with whom he disagreed.
Somewhere there is (or was) a thread titled "300 best posters of all time". Voted on like the popcon? No, decided by CD, sometimes at the behest of one of the Castlers, but often solely on his initiative.
Lest this post be regarded as sour grapes because I was not invited to the castle, I was on at least two occasions. My response was that if CD cared to demonstrate his undoubted tennis knowledge in Tennis Tipping or one of the other games, I would join the Castle. This did not happen.
Maybe since the banning of SDG and CD Castletardism no longer exists, but I hope this helps answer your question, Mae.
I never know it or saw it like that, I'm posting since April I think and I never talked to SDG but I was friends with CD.
I don't see it as elite or a place for special ppl, sorry but there's nothing special about me or u can go to another direction, everyone are special.

I think it's only natural some ppl within a chat thread will like others more I guess CD has a more connection then some posters, I don't know and not sure.

Ur forever welcome to join, it's just a chat thread I don't make ur more then it is but my feelings for some ppl are 100% true.

About bigjohn, I never had any problem with him, he never told me a bad word ever and he know I was friends with Cd and post in the castle.
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #38
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Good day sir.

I enjoyed his posts for the most part
Old 02-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #39
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jim what I kept trying to get BigJohn to understand was that the Castle Thread with CD gone is not the same Castle Thread. There are mostly completely different posters in there now. Not mostly Rafa Fans like under CD now it is almost totally a thread of posters that like Roger plus a few other players as well. It is not "elitism" it is simply a Chat Thread that has the title of Castle which is no different from threads with the names Casa, Raising Francesco, The Attention Seekers, The Lurkers,
Swiss Chalet, and not to forget the Gimpy vLove Shack where BigJohn started the Volume thread they are posting in now. Everyone is welcome to come and post in the Castle Thread! So Jim please consider this your 3rd invitation to the Castle Thread that CD has had nothing to do with for some time now and it is very different from the days CD was there! Also there are a lot of TT players posting in the Castle Thread now.

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #40
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

A shame he didn't get to the final of the ACC last year. He deserved it. He turned into one of the most idiotic posters on here. Good riddance anyway.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 460-146...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #41
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
A shame he didn't get to the final of the ACC last year. He deserved it. He turned into one of the most idiotic posters on here. Good riddance anyway.
Your reaction NID. Only surprised it took you so long.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #42
country flag Goldenoldie

Quote:
Maybe since the banning of SDG and CD Castletardism no longer exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Jim what I kept trying to get BigJohn to understand was that the Castle Thread with CD gone is not the same Castle Thread. There are mostly completely different posters in there now. Not mostly Rafa Fans like under CD now it is almost totally a thread of posters that like Roger plus a few other players as well. It is not "elitism" it is simply a Chat Thread that has the title of Castle which is no different from threads with the names Casa, Raising Francesco, The Attention Seekers, The Lurkers,
Swiss Chalet, and not to forget the Gimpy vLove Shack where BigJohn started the Volume thread they are posting in now. Everyone is welcome to come and post in the Castle Thread! So Jim please consider this your 3rd invitation to the Castle Thread that CD has had nothing to do with for some time now and it is very different from the days CD was there! Also there are a lot of TT players posting in the Castle Thread now.
I think I got the picture (see bold comment), but perhaps John didn't. Hope your question is answered anyway. Don't hold your breath for me to turn up at the drawbridge, I'm not much of a chatter, but don't rule it out.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #43
country flag rutinos harcos

rutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond repute

Annoying,rude,Djoko King hater,one of the worst MTF members ever.

ANTI DISGUSTING CHEATDULL
Balding,butt picking moonballer,the biggest cheater in the history of the sport.
THE MOST DISGUSTING WORD IN THE UNIVERSE:vamos
Endless DISGUSTING luck:rain, net, sick opponent.
Proud hater of disgusting BORING defensive moonballer from some island.
BEST SHOT EVER:USO SF 2011 Djoko King's CC FH on Fed's match point.
rutinos harcos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #44
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your reaction NID. Only surprised it took you so long.
It was coming, yes, but it's the truth. Good riddance to a poster who turned from quite a good one into what he hated. I feel sorry for him in a way, he really changed drastically when Clay Death was banned.

Actually I agreed with him on a lot of things but he turned into a Clay Death clone in a way, so goodbye.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 460-146...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #45
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Said a very respected member of the forum