RIP Scotso - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #16
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RIP Scotso

I am very much a noob in comparison with most who have posted so far, and I have only come across the name in connection with ACC. How on earth did he manage to win that, when he was so clearly liked and respected?

An event like this puts things in perspective.

R.I.P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #17
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I have many fond memories of Scotso on this board.

I understand he found love and died peacefully. I'm sad he had to leave so early.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #18
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Poor guy.

I liked most of his posts here and over on TF.

RIP, Scotso.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:01 AM   #19
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

It would seem inappropriate to offer a tribute to him as I wasn't familiar with him, but some reflection is useful in these times.

Forums such as these, really are a glimpse into someones soul. A glimpse that we should feel privilaged to see because quite frankly, most people, at the very least when they come here, probably have no one from "real life" on the website, so they are totally inebriated from regular stigmas and nervousness and can no doubt say whats really on their mind in a candid and funny way. It's a huge vice and relief for all of us.

If many doubt this, go and look at the picture threads, or the Mister/Miss MTF contests. Most people don't want to put their identity on here, or at least are very reluctant for a long time. You can be sure that the vast bulk of feelings anyone shares on this site, probably never get heard by many if any in their actual lives.

It's always sad when something like this happens, but alongside the sorrow we can rejoice in knowing all of us, one way or another, either through what we said to them or what they read us say to others, played a big role in the feelings and emotions of every ones lives here. Don't think for a minute that because you don't get a reply or a good or bad rep that every post you ever make isn't consumed and taken in by hundreds of people at the least. When you think about that across the globe and every site we contribute to, we really have huge power to influence a great many.

Scotso

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #20
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
It would seem inappropriate to offer a tribute to him as I wasn't familiar with him, but some reflection is useful in these times.

Forums such as these, really are a glimpse into someones soul. A glimpse that we should feel privilaged to see because quite frankly, most people, at the very least when they come here, probably have no one from "real life" on the website, so they are totally inebriated from regular stigmas and nervousness and can no doubt say whats really on their mind in a candid and funny way. It's a huge vice and relief for all of us.

If many doubt this, go and look at the picture threads, or the Mister/Miss MTF contests. Most people don't want to put their identity on here, or at least are very reluctant for a long time. You can be sure that the vast bulk of feelings anyone shares on this site, probably never get heard by many if any in their actual lives.

It's always sad when something like this happens, but alongside the sorrow we can rejoice in knowing all of us, one way or another, either through what we said to them or what they read us say to others, played a big role in the feelings and emotions of every ones lives here. Don't think for a minute that because you don't get a reply or a good or bad rep that every post you ever make isn't consumed and taken in by hundreds of people at the least. When you think about that across the globe and every site we contribute to, we really have huge power to influence a great many.

Scotso
Beautiful words, very touching
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:21 AM   #21
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

rest in peace
Old 02-03-2013, 04:36 AM   #22
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
... Don't think for a minute that because you don't get a reply or a good or bad rep that every post you ever make isn't consumed and taken in by hundreds of people at the least. When you think about that across the globe and every site we contribute to, we really have huge power to influence a great many.

Scotso
You are right. When I clicked on the link for the charity page and saw that photo of him in the suit, I was struck by the fact that I had seen that photo before. Now I see it's in the Pics of MTF Members thread. I didn't know/interact with this poster either. Yet that random photo (which I have no rational reason to remember) somehow stayed lodged in some corner of my mind.

I wonder how often this kind of thing happens, when a poster "disappears" from a message board and everyone wonders 'what ever happened to...'?

R.I.P. and sympathy to his friends and family.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:15 AM   #23
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

While the only thing I knew about him was that he won ACC, it's still shocking to see a former member pass away. RIP.
Chase Visa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:17 AM   #24
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Something changed for him after he "won" the ACC, and he and I started to have much more civil conversations with each other after that.
winning the ACC is the ultimate prize of trolling. there's nothing else to achieve after that so you get to relax and enjoy your status as an MTF legend.

seriously, i hope he rests in peace. He was young and loved. All the support needed to his family.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #25
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
I am very much a noob in comparison with most who have posted so far, and I have only come across the name in connection with ACC. How on earth did he manage to win that, when he was so clearly liked and respected?
we have a saying here in chile: "there's no bad dead man".

i haven't seen many of scotso's posts but even i do, there's generally not much to say about him as a person. the online persona tends to differ greatly from the real life persona.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #26
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

A truly sad loss, the Gilles Simon forum will miss him. The even more upsetting thing is recently he seemed to be doing well after some personal problems and seemed very much happy with life.

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #27
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

What sad news. Read his posts here and there when I first joined MTF so definitely rest in peace..
Old 02-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #28
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Rip Scotso
opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #29
country flag TNX1.0E6TOPCA
♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute

devasting news

I remember his avvy Jeremy Chardy def Dmitry Tursunov FO R3 30 May 2008
Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #30
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
i haven't seen many of scotso's posts but even i do, there's generally not much to say about him as a person. the online persona tends to differ greatly from the real life persona.
Well, I always put real life in brackets.

The guy had like 70 000 plus posts on here. Thats a pretty big part of anyones life.

Id say we would have seen very much of someones personality over that time. But thats just opinion.

Kind of like being drunk. You talk some shit, but most of it's true, just what you don't normally say because of inhebitions or nervousness or whatever.

I guess we will never know for sure. But I consider my wager a good bet.

It's real life in the sense you are a real human breathing oxygen typing on a real keyboard with real fingers. Less of it is virtual than you realise.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote