Are modern racquets and strings too good? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should racquets be more regulated

Yes 19 42.22%
No 26 57.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #76
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are modern racquets and strings too good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
I recommend watching tennis before 2004. I can infer you've started watching tennis somewhen afterwards.

They're all baseliners.

2009? You're surely joking.
i've started watchi9ng tennis in 1991, which is probably a bit before you started watching yourself.

They were all net players, if you generalize the today players as all baseliners.

Except Agassi, Courier and Chang, they were all net rushers, now the exceptions are Llodra, Stepanek and let's say Lalo/Melzer.

It's the same spread of styles, except they now play more on the baseline and before they played more at the net.

The main difference, for which i would have some nostalgia toward the old days is the fact that there were more players having a single handed BH compared to now.

But that's coz i'm playing a single BH and i prefer players doing so, otherwise the tennis today is hundreds of times more interesting for me, much faster, less errors, more tactics, more athleticism, less vulgarity on court and much more affordable to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #77
country flag bouncer7

bouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
i've started watchi9ng tennis in 1991, which is probably a bit before you started watching yourself.

They were all net players, if you generalize the today players as all baseliners.

Except Agassi, Courier and Chang, they were all net rushers, now the exceptions are Llodra, Stepanek and let's say Lalo/Melzer.

It's the same spread of styles, except they now play more on the baseline and before they played more at the net.

The main difference, for which i would have some nostalgia toward the old days is the fact that there were more players having a single handed BH compared to now.

But that's coz i'm playing a single BH and i prefer players doing so, otherwise the tennis today is hundreds of times more interesting for me, much faster, less errors, more tactics, more athleticism, less vulgarity on court and much more affordable to watch.
mtf speedupcourt tards escadrille with average age of 17 doesn't approve you, sorry mate
bouncer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #78
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowking View Post
Not at all, actually? Adaptation is a skill just like anything else. Those who best adapt will have an advantage over the field. If 2 players play in extremely windy conditions, the one who adapts and is able to win despite adversity is the better player of the match (despite what trolls say, there's no excuse). Similarly, as the sport evolves (like most everything in the world), the ones who can put in the hard work and win the most important matches deserve to be the best. People can make comparisons to other eras and times but it's all pointless in determining who's the best now. No one chooses what era they're born into, they just play and conform to the technology and rules of their time.
The irony is that players are having to adapt far, far less now than what they did 10-20 years ago to surfaces, balls and styles.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote