novak djokovic endorsements potential - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #196
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: novak djokovic endorsements potential

I've followed all the major north american sports for years: baseball, basketball, hockey, football and it's always funny to see the enormous surge in sales of paraphernalia of the team that wins the championship. My friend is a fan of all the teams which have won the most championships lol, there are many like him. While I have no direct experience in sports marketing, I would bet that a large portion of the market is very fickle. I've seen it so many times at the tennis club over the years, new players signing up with their RF logo hats who think he will brush off on them etc, who know little about him, or the game.

Like aliens, gloryhunters are all around us. They could be your brother, father, sister...

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 02-01-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #197
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if anyone posted this. Interesting advice from Sampras.

Quote:
Sampras on Novak Djokovic: “I’ve spent some time with Novak, and he’s a good, solid guy. I had dinner with him in LA last year, and he wanted to know how I was able to stay at the top for so long. He was curious about that. I told him that I kept everything as simple as possible. I didn’t get involved with too many promotional or commercial things. I didn’t say or do much, because I wanted my focus to be on playing.
Some people just choose not to go for those extra millions.

http://www.thetennisspace.com/pete-s...-the-big-four/
Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 AM   #198
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Not sure if anyone posted this. Interesting advice from Sampras.

Some people just choose not to go for those extra millions.

http://www.thetennisspace.com/pete-s...-the-big-four/
I liked pete and his style. I wonder if he and Lendl were actually clownish extroverts under a carefully fashioned stoic facade? Lendl either hid is true colours, had a personality transfusion, or was replaced by an alien double for reasons unknown (maybe to coach murray prior to colonization).
Old 02-02-2013, 02:42 AM   #199
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
I liked pete and his style. I wonder if he and Lendl were actually clownish extroverts under a carefully fashioned stoic facade? Lendl either hid is true colours, had a personality transfusion, or was replaced by an alien double for reasons unknown (maybe to coach murray prior to colonization).
Lendl used to crack jokes all the time, his portrayal as "Ivan the Terrible" etc is mostly due to the Cold War and his relentless "show no mercy" style. I don't think he cared much for his public image and even if he did he could do little about it. I certainly think that he did not premeditate and shape his own image.

Of course, in real life, he was very funny, even a little bit goofy type of guy.

Last edited by ssin : 03-11-2013 at 12:32 PM.
ssin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:59 AM   #200
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

People asked what would Novak's demographic be. This is Nole's demographic:

These are Belgian kids who were waiting for Nole when he arrived for his Davis Cup duty after winning the Australian Open.

I can imagine 13, 14-year olds looking up to Novak . They don't want to wear pink shoes and look pretty, they want to crush their opponents and roar like lions!

Novak couldn't leave the airport for over 15 minutes, signing and having his picture taken with the kids.

The Davis Cup tweeted that Nole was cheered by the crowd at Charleroi as much as the Belgian team itself.

Among people over 35, yes, Roger is still the favourite.

But times are changing.

Nothing sells like success on the court.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:03 AM   #201
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^^^
a great photo, regardless of this topic
ssin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:05 AM   #202
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you really think so ? Because the facts show something else!
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:30 AM   #203
country flag Mr. Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
Do you really think so ? Because the facts show something else!
Who are you talking to?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #204
country flag SerialKillerToBe

SerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post

These are Belgian kids who were waiting for Nole when he arrived for his Davis Cup duty after winning the Australian Open.

I can imagine 13, 14-year olds looking up to Novak . They don't want to wear pink shoes and look pretty, they want to crush their opponents and roar like lions!

Novak couldn't leave the airport for over 15 minutes, signing and having his picture taken with the kids.

The Davis Cup tweeted that Nole was cheered by the crowd at Charleroi as much as the Belgian team itself.

But times are changing.

Children see through phoniness, arrogance, and egotism better than anyone else. Nole is the antithesis of these qualities, and Federer is the embodiment.
SerialKillerToBe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #205
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
Children see through phoniness, arrogance, and egotism better than anyone else. Nole is the antithesis of these qualities, and Federer is the embodiment.
Children don't have money though and all companies care about is who will buy their products based on their ambassadors. Even if Novak was more popular with kids than Nadal or Federer (debatable) it would make no difference in his endorsement potential.

As for that photo, it's very cute -- though Nadal had a similar reception when he played DC in Belgium -- the crowd seemed happy to support Spain half the time. So it's hardly proof positive that Novak has some unique connection with kids that the others don't.
Ash86 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #206
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

All he needs is a panel van and a bag of candy.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #207
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Children don't have money though and all companies care about is who will buy their products based on their ambassadors. Even if Novak was more popular with kids than Nadal or Federer (debatable) it would make no difference in his endorsement potential.

As for that photo, it's very cute -- though Nadal had a similar reception when he played DC in Belgium -- the crowd seemed happy to support Spain half the time. So it's hardly proof positive that Novak has some unique connection with kids that the others don't.
Every tournament I go to all I see is mini Rafas
niff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #208
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by niff View Post
Every tournament I go to all I see is mini Rafas

Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #209
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

But times are changing.

Obviously kids identify with champions. In no time, they will start asking 'Federer who?' and we still have to see what will happen with Nadal... So the obvious choice is Novak will emerge as the biggest tennis icon for the next generation. It's the cycle of life. These kids will grow up to be noletards in the same vein fedtards emerged when Federer was the top player in their time.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #210
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post

The boy was wearing adidas shoes and the girl, adidas skirt
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote