Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #106
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: It's comeback time baby!!! :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseles1 View Post
F Rafael Nadal, "he’s still an outsider" in Paris
Trollander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
The difference is that Rafa talks more about it than others.
Talk about looking through rose-coloured glasses

Also laughable to claim that his scheduling was no problem.

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #107
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

You really can't help yourself, do you?
Old 01-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #108
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

But have you seen Andreea, NoleGOAT is now the overwhelming favourite to win the French Open too, according to MTF experts, NID.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #109
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

And isn't true?
Old 01-31-2013, 06:19 PM   #110
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
You really can't help yourself, do you?
Quite often I can, actually.

Was it 1 or 2 years ago when Nadal had reported knee problems but still played Barcelona right after a final with Nole

2009 another great example of smart scheduling: after missing WTF 2008 due to knee problems and having repeated knee problems early 2009 he still played Davis Cup, Miami, indian wells, Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Rome, Madrid only to lose the FO (according to his fans) due to bad knees, genius planing indeed

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:37 PM   #111
country flag Merton

Merton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hilde, don't forget the Museum of Economy too

Everyone has his little, strange, obsessions coughEconomyMuseumcough
Obviously I assume Hilde will visit the Metropolitan Museum, the Central Park, Times Square, the UN, the Statue of Liberty, plus she will walk Broadway and Madison so she will find the theaters and art galleries.

I found the New York Fed by accident walking around the financial district (The old Dutch part in Southern Manhattan) It advertised a money exhibt outside, I entered and it was wonderful

By the way, if I visited again I woulkd skip the Statue of Liberty and visit the Metro Opera instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
But have you seen Andreea, NoleGOAT is now the overwhelming favourite to win the French Open too, according to MTF experts, NID.
Hi Maria I suppose you have not changed your views about Nole's slam total. Please don't repeat though, Evita will kill me

Quote:
And isn't true?
I would not say "overwhelming" but, unfortunately, he is the favourite.

From Isaac Asimov's "Foundation".
Merton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #112
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And isn't true?
I said it's NID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merton View Post
Hi Maria I suppose you have not changed your views about Nole's slam total. Please don't repeat though, Evita will kill me
Nope. Of course I won't repeat, would never want any harm happen to you.

Metropolitan Opera would be a must for Andreea.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #113
country flag Merton

Merton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Star is miffed
I will try me best to bring her back.

Another recent anniversary was the 70 years of the battle of Stalingrad. This is the ultimatum the Soviets sent demanding the surrender of the 6th Army:

"To the Commander of the Sixth Army encircled at Stalingrad, General Paulus, or his deputy.

The Sixth German Army, the units ofthe 4th Tank Army and their reinforcements have been completely surrounded since November 23rd, 1942. The forces ofthe Red Army have drawn a secure ring around this German army. All hopes of rescue by means of a German offensive from the south and south-west have proved unfounded.

The forces which were rushed to your aid have been destroyed by the Red Army, and the remnants of these forces are withdrawing towards Rostov. The German transport planes which are supplying you with a bare minimum of food, ammunition and fuel are being forced to move between airfields, and to fly from great distances to reach your positions. Moreover, the Russian air force is inflicting great losses on Gennan transport planes and their crews. Air transport is unlikely to continue for much longer.

Your encircled troops are in a grave situation. They are suffering from hunger, sickness and cold. The harsh Russian winter is only just beginning: hard frosts, cold winds and snowstorms are still to come, but your soldiers do not have winter uniforms and are living in unsanitary conditions. You, as commander, and all the officers of the surrounded troops know very well that there is no longer any realistic possibility of breaking through the encirclement. Your position is hopeless and further resistance is pointless."

"We expect your written reply on january 9th, 1943, at 15.00 hours, Moscow time. It should be brought by a representative whom you have personally appointed, and who should proceed in a car flying a white flag along the road from the Konny railway halt to the Kotluban station. Your representative will be met by Russian officers in Region B, 0.5 kilometres south-east of railway halt No. 564.

If you choose to reject our proposal for your capitulation, be warned that the forces of the Red Army and the Red Air Force will be compelled to take steps to destroy the surrounded German troops, and that you will bear the responsibility for their annihilation.

Signed,
Colonel-General of Artillery, Voronov;
Supreme Commander of the Don Front, Lieutenant-General Rokossovsky."

http://ww2today.com/8th-january-1943...ad-or-the-whip

Old 01-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #114
country flag Merton

Surrounded, battle-weary and exhausted, the Germans faced death or captivity. Captivity meant almost certain death. That is quite an elaborate way to say "You are fucked".

There is a trilogy on the Battle of Stalingrad by David Glantz:

To the Gates of Stalingrad: Soviet-German Combat Operations, April-August 1942 http://www.amazon.com/Gates-Stalingr...697023-3026836

Armageddon in Stalingrad: September-November 1942 (The Stalingrad Trilogy, Volume 2) http://www.amazon.com/Armageddon-Sta.../dp/0700616640

AFTER STALINGRAD: The Red Army's Winter Offensive 1942-1943 http://www.amazon.com/AFTER-STALINGR...697023-3026836

I have not read any of it but saw an extensive interview of Glantz. I have read "When Titans clashed" about WW II on the Eastern Front.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #115
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

You got me here, Merton. History.

Hilde, have a wonderful time in New York!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #116
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Great When are you going?
Late October, beginning of November.

Quote:
I will try me best to bring her back.
Good luck with that.

Quote:
By the way, if I visited again I woulkd skip the Statue of Liberty and visit the Metro Opera instead
A lot of people advised against visiting the Statue of Liberty. Most said that I should use the Staten Island Ferry to enjoy the view of the NYC Manhattan skyline and it will also give you a nice view on the statue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post
Hilde, have a wonderful time in New York!
Thank you, Minn.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #117
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

If you want star to come back, send her a PM instead of posting here Honestly I'm quite miffed at her for leaving us without an apparent reason and without saying goodbye even. If she can't be bothered to do that then I can't be bothered to ask her back.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #118
country flag MariaV

Hilde was at the "Djokovic complaining about the surcafe" thread already. LOL has the ITF inspection inspected the court already or will they have to suspend the tie?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #119
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

my own opinion on why star left is she seems to prefer the Nole forum chat (god knows why, full of annoying brats and she's better than that)

its pretty shoddy behaviour on her part

then again ppl in here still stand tennizen and the others who defected to Attenion whores thread (where they probably belong anyway), so
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #120
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
2 personal bodyguards that will stay with him at all

Bemelmans:

Lose the moustache, Ruben. You're cuter without it.
thought that was Escude at first

Djoko a pompous self important brat, he should take a guide from Fed on how to conduct yourself as a number one.

Quote:
Great pictures from a "Battle of the Sexes" chess match in Gibraltar:

Ah, the men won
of course we did
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote