The Next Point - New tennis site - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #76
country flag Jesmond10

Jesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Next Point - New tennis site

Hi,

Another bunch of posts up on The Next Point, all covering the week of the Davis Cup Quarterfinals:

Hardcourt Retrospective 2012 (Part One): A look back at the long hardcourt season just ended, focussing on the top players

Hardcourt Retrospective 2012 (Part Two): Continuing look back, this time with a few lower-ranked players.

That’s Davis Cup For You: Covering Day One of the Davis Cup World Group quarterfinals, including Stepanek's infamous finger.

The Thing About Assumptions: Day Three of the Davis Cup, with reflections, especially on Tipsarevic and Isner.

Cheers.
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #77
country flag Jesmond10

Jesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, all covering the start of the clay season:

Empty, Blissful and Still: Introducing the Roger Rasheed 2012 Desk Calendar!

The High Point of the Season: No Monte Carlo draw yet, so I have to talk about Houston, and how Americans aren't bothering with clay anymore.

Luck of the Draw: Monte Carlo 2012: What it says. The number 8 will feature prominently, one way or another.

Used Dishwater: Monaco wins Houston. Ljubicic bows out.

Thanks for reading.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:16 AM   #78
country flag Jesmond10

Hello,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, all covering the Monte Carlo Masters:

Streaks and Bagels: First rounds in Monte Carlo, featuring Kohlschreiber, Tsonga, Murray, Troicki and Monaco.

Sodden Balls, A Tin Sky: Haase, Wawrinka and others. And a conspicuous absence.

A Picturesque Picture: The Monte Carlo Semifinals, on a painfully windy day.

An Unmatched Achievement: Nadal wins it all. Djokovic is there, but only physically. Our yearning for meaning is, as ever, frustrated.

Thank you for reading.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #79
country flag Jesmond10

Hi everyone,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, all covering Bucharest and Barcelona:

A Mild Hangover: The week after Monte Carlo always feels like a comedown, when it shouldn't.

Greatness in Obscurity: Great matches you've never heard of.

One Enchanted Evening: A sordid night, chasing streams.

Meaning the World: The Barcelona semifinals, and what the title would mean for Ferrer.

The Phantom Climax: The Barcelona final

The Flurrying Fog: The Bucharest final.

Thank you for reading.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:02 AM   #80
country flag Jesmond10

Hello,

Another week's worth of posts up on The Next Point, all covering the Madrid Masters:

A Magic Box of Chocolates: Early Rounds in Madrid, featuring Monfils, Kohlschreiber, Raonic and Nalbandian

A Few Points Here or There: Federer and Raonic's electrifying second round dust-up.

First Strike: The Madrid quarterfinals.

A Profane Space: The semifinals, with some words on the use of Hawkeye on a clay court.

Increasingly Jiggy With It: Will Smith graces the best Masters final in ages.

Thank you for reading.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #81
country flag Jesmond10

Hello,

Long time no update (at least here on MTF). Some new post-season posts up on The Next Point, all vaguely retrospective:

How The Life Goes On: Setting the scene, and wondering aloud at those who actually find tennis players funny.

Masters Retrospective (Part One): A damn good recap of the first four Masters 1000 events.

Masters Retrospective (Part Two): Same as above, but for the last five Masters events.

The Trimmings of Objectivity: A kind of Match of the Year article.

There Has Been Only One: After ten maiden titlists last year, this years we've had only one.

The Same New Balls: A look at the youngsters in the top 100.

The Days Of Our Youth: The first part of a look back at Juan Carlos Ferrero.

Thank you for reading.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:42 PM   #82
country flag Jesmond10

Default The Next Point - Annual 2012

The Australian Open is finished, Davis Cup is underway, and the golden clouds are gathering over South America, ready to release their spray. It seems like an appropriate moment to release The Next Point Annual 2012.

Free to download, this volume includes nearly all of my articles from throughout the 2012 season, with an all new introduction.

Enjoy!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:13 AM   #83
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Very good blog my friend, I see a lot of hard work there You have to be proud of it
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee
VamosRafaNadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote