Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup?

Spain 7 16.28%
USA 3 6.98%
Argentina 11 25.58%
France 5 11.63%
Czech Republic 1 2.33%
Serbia 6 13.95%
Germany 0 0%
Switzerland 6 13.95%
Canada 2 4.65%
Others 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #91
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
If 1 of Nadal and Ferrer plays then I hope they play Dancevic in the first rubber against their #1 and save Vasek for the doubles and their #2 where he'd have more of a chance
just a question : last year against the French Nestor-Raonic played a very good double imo.

Then in the Olympics the double was Nestor-Pospisil and you're still implying now that the double would be Nestor-Pospisil.

Can you explain me about those things if that has been discussed in Canada ?
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #92
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

I think it will be Nestor/Vasek. Vasek seems to be better at doubles than Milos imo. When Laurendeau chose Milos for that doubles match against the french, I don't think many agreed with him. It backfired, they lost, then Milos had an injury concern and didn't play the 4th rubber.

In my mind that test failed, it showed that there was no real advantage in playing Milos over Vasek for the doubles, and on top of that you want Milos healthy, and you want to ensure he is healthy. Of course you want Vasek healthy too, but you don't need him as much in the final rubber, as he wouldn't have that much a chance to win anyway. So I think it will almost always be Nestor/Vasek until Nestor retires anyway, but I'm not Martin Laurendeau, and I don't get to choose.

Also, I believe Nestor said he wanted to play with Vasek against France, and they played Milos/Nestor anyway, I don't think they'd go against that again if Nestor wants Vasek.

But no I've not heard anything official, but I'd be shocked if it was Milos in the doubles if Vasek was healthy

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #93
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
I think it will be Nestor/Vasek. Vasek seems to be better at doubles than Milos imo. When Laurendeau chose Milos for that doubles match against the french, I don't think many agreed with him. It backfired, they lost, then Milos had an injury concern and didn't play the 4th rubber.

In my mind that test failed, it showed that there was no real advantage in playing Milos over Vasek for the doubles, and on top of that you want Milos healthy, and you want to ensure he is healthy. Of course you want Vasek healthy too, but you don't need him as much in the final rubber, as he wouldn't have that much a chance to win anyway. So I think it will almost always be Nestor/Vasek until Nestor retires anyway, but I'm not Martin Laurendeau, and I don't get to choose.

Also, I believe Nestor said he wanted to play with Vasek against France, and they played Milos/Nestor anyway, I don't think they'd go against that again if Nestor wants Vasek.

But no I've not heard anything official, but I'd be shocked if it was Milos in the doubles if Vasek was healthy
yes and that doubles match against france shows that his choices dont always make sense.To me that says that he thinks the strongest doubles combination is, for whatever reason milos/vasek

so for that reason and the fact that vasek and daniel havent done that well recently as a doubles team im think milos and vasek might be given another try

even though anyone with a brain could see that the best choice is indeed vasek and daniel.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #94
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see them playing Milos/Vasek if Nestor is willing and able to play

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #95
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Chance for Fed to get some revenge on Berdych. With it being a home tie and during European season I think he'll play it.
According to Swiss media Roger told Swiss Tennis that the chances he is going to play the 1st round are low. He said he would have to arrange his schedule wisely "to stay in tennis".
"When I play so much like in the last 2 years it will get difficult."

The final decision if Roger is going to play DC will be made in a few weeks.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #96
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
- Switzerland v.s Czech republic should be the tie of the round. Very interesting. But if federer doesnt play then czech should roll through
Well, Roger won't play but the Czech team also has to replace a player.

Stepanek has to undergo a back surgery and will be replaced in the team by Ivo Minar.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #97
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

if only Berdy skipped it

well Fed wouldnt play any round anyway would he

its a completely blown decision by Fed for a first DC Final/title this year, no doubt about it
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #98
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Well, Roger won't play but the Czech team also has to replace a player.

Stepanek has to undergo a back surgery and will be replaced in the team by Ivo Minar.
That makes the tie much tighter. If Stan plays like at AO, he can challenge Berdy. And I assume Rosol will be the other Czech singles player. Rosol can either even win Stan or lose to Chiudinelli. And whoever pairs Berdy in doubles isn't in Sexy's level, so that gives Switzerland some hope.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #99
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Back surgery ? how long will it take him off ?
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #100
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
That makes the tie much tighter. If Stan plays like at AO, he can challenge Berdy.
Well, Stan leads the H2H against Tomas 5:4. They played 6 times on HC and are tied here with 3 victories each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
And whoever pairs Berdy in doubles isn't in Sexy's level, so that gives Switzerland some hope.
Sure but it also has to be seen whom Stan will play doubles.
Roger isn't playing and Yves Allegro is meanwhile retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Back surgery ? how long will it take him off ?
Speaking on an official video released by the Czech team, Stepanek said: “I cannot take part with the guys. Unfortunately I have a problem with my disc that I have to have an operation on.”

Source: http://www.10sballs.com/2013/01/30/i...davis-cup-tie/

I haven't read anywhere yet how long Rade will be forced out of the game.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #101
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Rosol playing singles then?

No wonder Federer skipped the tie- Berdych and the Legend Killer are on the loose
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #102
country flag Chair Umpire
Banned!

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

Serbia or France.

LOL @ people voting for Argentina.
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #103
country flag retister

retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute

France due to the depth of the bench.
retister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #104
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by retister View Post
France due to the depth of the bench.
yes I could say that, but rather because Spain and Argentina may lose this week-end, and Fed doesn't play for Switzerland (a big mistake he will probably regret for long), and Djokovic always hads moments in the year when he can't play.

If France is the lucky team this year as Czech Republic was last year, I can already foresee the French media praising Clément whereas it would only be that they had the luck this year and not previous years
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #105
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

France have a great chance!! Allez!!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote