Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! WINNER!!!! - Page 168 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-30-2013, 12:37 AM   #2506
country flag Alcibiades

Alcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond reputeAlcibiades has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! WINNER!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
He reacted to the supporters who were chanting 'Nole, we love you' with 'Thank you, I love you too'
There is actually a bit of history behind that.Slobodan Milosevic,during one of his political rallies in 90s,after public chanted "We love you!We love you!",said "I love you to".

But the way he said was so pathetic looking,and his infamous reputation afterwards stigmatized that phrase,so ever since then Serbian celebrities mosly tend to avoid to say "I love you too" after "We love you" chants.

I did not watch the ceremony,butif I were to guess,I think Nole did it with his tongue in cheek.

Btw,BigJane permabanned?Thank god for that.One of the biggest clowns around,and that really says something.

Krajinovic - Dodig - Dolgopolov - Baghdatis - Raonic - Fish - Soderling - Ferrero

Novak Djokovic
4 AO; 2 Wimbledon; 1 USO; 19 MS; 3 WTF; 45 Career titles; Olympic Bronze Medalist; Davis Cup 2010; YE #1 2011,2012
Alcibiades is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #2507
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! WINNER!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
There is actually a bit of history behind that.Slobodan Milosevic,during one of his political rallies in 90s,after public chanted "We love you!We love you!",said "I love you to".

But the way he said was so pathetic looking,and his infamous reputation afterwards stigmatized that phrase,so ever since then Serbian celebrities mosly tend to avoid to say "I love you too" after "We love you" chants.

I did not watch the ceremony,butif I were to guess,I think Nole did it with his tongue in cheek.

Btw,BigJane permabanned?Thank god for that.One of the biggest clowns around,and that really says something.
Thanks for the background on that.

Interesting.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #2508
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Love seeing the interaction Nole is having with fans, celebs, players (past and present) and even Andy's family/team on twitter. Here's a selection of some below:
----
victoria azarenka@vika7
Congratulations to @DjokerNole for winning his crown! what an impressive run

Novak Djokovic ‏@DjokerNole
Thanks @vika7 Not bad yourself, ha? Congrats to you too!
----
Martina Navratilova ‏@Martina
Congrats to @DjokerNole for making history and becoming the first player in open era history(since 68) to win the Aussie open 3x in a row!

A praise like this means a lot coming from SUCH a tennis legend. Thank you @Martina
----
judy murray ‏@judmoo
Congrats @DjokerNole. Incredible athlete. Perfect gentleman. #ausopen

Thank you for your kind words @judmoo #imtouched
----
Matthew ‏@DjokerFanClub
If I pass all my exams I will be more often on twitter ...I promise xD

@DjokerFanClub
You better pass them all! I just won AO, you can do it too! Deal?
----

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #2509
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
watched it, he definitely did. the phrase is nowadays used in serbian literally always with a sort of tongue in cheek attitude.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #2510
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Nole, taking being a tennis player into the 21st century

Alcibiades: Yeah, know about the background to that sentence, iz nasih sam krajeva.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #2511
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Love seeing the interaction Nole is having with fans, celebs, players (past and present) and even Andy's family/team on twitter. Here's a selection of some below:
----
victoria azarenka@vika7
Congratulations to @DjokerNole for winning his crown! what an impressive run

Thanks @vika7 Not bad yourself, ha? Congrats to you too!
----
Martina Navratilova ‏@Martina
Congrats to @DjokerNole for making history and becoming the first player in open era history(since 68) to win the Aussie open 3x in a row!

A praise like this means a lot coming from SUCH a tennis legend. Thank you @Martina
----
judy murray ‏@judmoo
Congrats @DjokerNole. Incredible athlete. Perfect gentleman. #ausopen

Thank you for your kind words @judmoo #imtouched
----
Matthew ‏@DjokerFanClub
If I pass all my exams I will be more often on twitter ...I promise xD

@DjokerFanClub
You better pass them all! I just won AO, you can do it too! Deal?
----

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
If you see more please post them.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nş2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote